Packers 2009

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Packers 2009

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:08 pm

I Agree. Must win this one for a chance at the division and must keep the line healthy for a chance at the playoffs. If they can beat the Queens I'm none too worried about the Niners. The Bucs are god Awful should stomp them real good. Cowboys? Who knows. They haven't been very consistent. If the D can play like they did against the last two cupcakes we stomped we should be just fine.

Raji is back and got some time this week and Matthews is turning into a monster. Didn't take him long to grab a full time spot.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:53 am

Antoine Winfield is out, which is big. Sidney Rice has been blowing up in the last few games. Jared Allen is really, really good. Brent has been playing pretty well and it is getting good protection. Percy Harvin is a monster on kickoff returns. Longwell is money. On the other hand, coach kick-ass is still coach kick-ass. He refused to use Adrian Peterson last week when they were literally on the goal line.

But I'm not feeling very good about this game as MM is still Corkey in a Packers cap, the team gives up waaayyy to may third-and-longs, too many boneheaded penalties, spotty running game, receiver injuries.

Can Bigby lay #4 out early? Can they contain Peterson again? Will Bert be demoralized by the cold and wet?

I think this will come down to a late FG.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:27 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Will Bert be demoralized by the cold and wet?

That was my favorite part of last week's broadcast - when the Fox football morons started in on how the Vikings would beat the Steelers because 'Favre has all that cold-weather experience.'

Yeah, he's got all that experience having his productivity fade off in the last few seasons once his poor widdle toesies get cold.

Honestly - why does anyone listen to Terry Bradshaw about anything? The guy is such a dunce that his upset special last week was Kansas City over the Niners.

Oy.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:29 pm

Honestly - why does anyone listen to Terry Bradshaw about anything?

I fell the same way every time I see Matt Millen "commenting" on anything related to football. What credibility does that guy have?

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:42 pm

Marvell wrote: The guy is such a dunce that his upset special last week was Kansas City over the Niners.

Heh.

Personally, I think he was attaching too much significance to the Montana revenge factor.

Peacetrain
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Peacetrain » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:27 pm

Marvell wrote:
Honestly - why does anyone listen to Terry Bradshaw about anything? The guy is such a dunce that his upset special last week was Kansas City over the Niners.

Oy.

They didnt play eachother last week. Or is that why your calling him a dunce?

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:35 pm

D'oh!

I meant Chiefs over Chargers. You know - one o' them California cities that begins with an 'S.'

I guess teh stupid must be contagious.

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:36 pm

fisticuffs wrote:
Honestly - why does anyone listen to Terry Bradshaw about anything?

I fell the same way every time I see Matt Millen "commenting" on anything related to football. What credibility does that guy have?

He used to command tons of respect as a player, but man did he lose it after demonstrating no GM ability whatsoever in Detroit, year after worsening year. Now, whenever he opines on a player's ability or anything personel-related, I know the opposite must be true.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:51 pm

Marvell wrote:D'oh!

I meant Chiefs over Chargers. You know - one o' them California cities that begins with an 'S.'

I guess teh stupid must be contagious.

And here I was thinking that I was slow by almost missing your subtle humor; suggesting that Bradshaw is so clueless that his upset special was a game that didn't exist(which helps explain my response. I think.)

drinkinblackcoffee
Forum Addict

Postby drinkinblackcoffee » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:40 pm

The Pack put up a good fight, but they will be stuck at better-than-average until they gel the OL sorted. I'm severely depressed over the obvious, unsolveable problem they'll have the rest of the year with the OT position.
I don't get why they re-sign Tauscher, specifically for this game, only to leave him on the bench. If it takes you 3 weeks to get into "football shape", then you need to get the fuck out of town. He and Clifton gave us some great years, but they are both washed up. Having a couple of bookend tackles would have made this game a close match. Now we need to let these new dipshits suck for the rest of the season in hopes that they get some skills. Who knows, by the end of the season, they may be good enough to give us a push as a wild card in the playoffs.
My Favre hate seems to have subsided since he seemed to show us Packer fans the proper respect.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:05 am

O-line notwithstanding, there is something going wrong in Rodgers' brain that keeps him from making safe, dump-off passes or scrambling through wide-open holes. It's QB vapor-lock. The arm and brain equivalent of happy feet.

drinkinblackcoffee
Forum Addict

Postby drinkinblackcoffee » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:19 am

Agreed, Rodgers looked like a deer in head lights on some plays in the first half- just throw the stupid ball!!
Seemed to be reading the D and reacting better in the third quarter through.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:58 am

AR got the shit beat out of him. Maybe wasn't thinking clearly.

What are Johnny Jollys, Mason Crosbys, Jeremy Kapinos, the entire ST and McCarthy's excuses?

Monday p.m. in Packer offices: Mike, please come into my office. And close the door.

minnow
Forum Addict

Postby minnow » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:47 pm

McCarthy stuck with "young," thank you McCarthy. Tauscher and Clifton would have been a help. Go Favre, my husband and I really miss you. Though he may still have another heart attack if there are more of the near misses. So go Vikings. Brett, hope you get to play one more Super Bowl and the Vikings Win.

KidCapitol
Forum Addict

Postby KidCapitol » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:33 pm

Last year it was defense.
This year it's offense.
Fire McCarthy and bring in someone who will get it right.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”