Just don't do it

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 5578
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:22 pm

Just don't do it

Postby supaunknown » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:33 am

Last year it was surreal to see Brent in a Jets uniform, and amusing when I saw locals sporting their #4 Jet jerseys, but the first time I see some born-to-lose Minnesota mook wearing a Favre the Viking jersey I'm gonna freak. No other singular piece of team apparel will signify one's own suck-assness than wearing #4 in purple & piss.
/rant

wallrock
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:11 am
Location: Middleton
Contact:

Re: Just don't do it

Postby wallrock » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:03 pm

I saw what probably was a homemade one a few weeks ago, back before the whole missing training camp thing. At the time I was more "Ha, nice work" but that was before he signed.

Granted, I could give two shits about the whole thing, but that's just me. Now when Kessel went to the Yellow Rodents, I wanted to burn his parents' house down. I guess I'm just a calmer, gentler person now.

Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 4032
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:56 am
Location: Around here somewhere
Contact:

Re: Just don't do it

Postby Michael Patrick » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:13 pm

Now you know how I felt when Steve McMichael donned the green and gold... :x

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3144
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:13 am

Re: Just don't do it

Postby O.J. » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:23 pm

Michael Patrick wrote:Now you know how I felt when Steve McMichael donned the green and gold... :x


Happy for his good fortune?

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7964
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: Slightly outside of Madison
Contact:

Re: Just don't do it

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:25 pm

As irrational as it is I have to agree. Farve Jets jersey is kinda cool but a Favre Vikings jersey is an affront to god himself.

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 5578
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:22 pm

Re: Just don't do it

Postby supaunknown » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:43 pm

Michael Patrick wrote:Now you know how I felt when Steve McMichael donned the green and gold... :x

Slamboree 1997
Steve "Mongo" McMichael vs Reggie White
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w2AoDiEpDY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x9ACYr4yDM

Right Bower
Forum Addict
Posts: 403
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:45 am
Location: Right here waiting for you

Re: Just don't do it

Postby Right Bower » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:16 pm

supaunknown wrote:Last year it was surreal to see Brent in a Jets uniform, and amusing when I saw locals sporting their #4 Jet jerseys, but the first time I see some born-to-lose Minnesota mook wearing a Favre the Viking jersey I'm gonna freak. No other singular piece of team apparel will signify one's own suck-assness than wearing #4 in purple & piss.
/rant


Just saw my first one. Laughed.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 21197
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all
Contact:

Re: Just don't do it

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:28 pm

When the Pack play that Vikes, I expect to see a lot of fans wearing this - both at Lambeau and at the Twinkie Dome.

Image

acereraser
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1428
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 8:42 pm

Re: Just don't do it

Postby acereraser » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:48 pm

You folks seem to have a lot of personal energy and emotion wrapped up in other people's jobs and places of employment. Just sayin'.

So who's watching the Vikings/Chiefs pre-season game tonight?

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 5578
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:22 pm

Re: Just don't do it

Postby supaunknown » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:07 pm

acereraser wrote:You folks seem to have a lot of personal energy and emotion wrapped up in other people's jobs and places of employment. Just sayin'.

Isn't that part of being a fan of pro sports? It's not like these guys are nameless office drones switching firms.

acereraser
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1428
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 8:42 pm

Re: Just don't do it

Postby acereraser » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:11 pm

supaunknown wrote:
acereraser wrote:You folks seem to have a lot of personal energy and emotion wrapped up in other people's jobs and places of employment. Just sayin'.

Isn't that part of being a fan of pro sports? It's not like these guys are nameless office drones switching firms.


Image

Hmm, it still seems kind of weird to me, kind of like an adult who still insists that Santa is real, or like the wrestling kid above. Haven't the scales fallen from our collective eyes yet regarding professional sports, starting in 1919? I am not anti-sports by any means; I love watching great plays, and I suspect I always will. However, I don't think I could ever feel betrayed by an athlete who plays/played on a team I follow.

Thinking back, the closest I have felt to betrayal was when Devin Harris left the Badgers early, and that was really just disappointment, and at least partially selfish, to boot.


Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests