Mallards 7/24/09 - Kinda feel cheated

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
talagaster
Forum Addict

Mallards 7/24/09 - Kinda feel cheated

Postby talagaster » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:37 pm

I went to a Mallards game two weeks ago where they promised a Duck Blind voucher to everyone if the game got called for rain. That seemed like a great deal, so I went to the game anyway and had a fun time.

Now this week, I went with my Duck Blind ticket. At the top of the game, I had to deal with a 30 minute rain delay as my friends and I got pelted with rain. Then the game starts for the grand total of one and 1/3 innings before another rain delay is called. The announcer tells us the game will start in 20 minutes. 15 minutes later, they tell us it will be another 30 minutes. Then 20 more minutes. No, now they tell us it will be 30 minutes... starting now.

Soon, it is 9:30 and we've only seen an inning of baseball. Finally, at 9:45, they call the game and offer to give everyone vouchers for new tickets... except for the Duck Blind tickets. They only give those of us with Duck Blind tickets vouchers for bleacher tickets, less than 1/3 of the value of our purchased tickets.

Then to add insult to injury, they start kicking everyone out of the stands 10 minutes after the announcement, not even giving us time to finish the food and drink that were supposedly worth the full ticket price. If they weren't going to refund tickets, they could have at least given people enough time to clear out comfortably.

I have loved and supported the Mallards for years in this town but I can't help but feel a little cheated after this night. I feel like the Dude right now and my rug just got peed on.

nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Mallards 7/24/09 - Kinda feel cheated

Postby nevermore » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:25 am

By your story, I'd say you spent three hours + in the Drunk Blind (with all the food and beer you can get in you) and you'll still be able to see a game without paying in the future. I say you got your money's worth.

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:46 pm

nevermore wrote:By your story, I'd say you spent three hours + in the Drunk Blind (with all the food and beer you can get in you) and you'll still be able to see a game without paying in the future. I say you got your money's worth.

Gotta agree. I was there and I definitely got my money's worth, if not of baseball, at least of food and beer. That said, I do agree with talagaster that when they did finally give us the boot, they could have given us more time to clear out.

Osso Muriendo

Postby Osso Muriendo » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:50 am

I was at the game and frankly the MM staff need to do a better job with the weather. I realize that no one can control or predict the weather but approx. two minutes before they called the game officially they said it would be starting in a few minutes. Here's an idea, if you don't have any information to convey, say that. Don't tell us the game will start if you arent sure that it will, come on the PA and tell us that you are just waiting for a bit more information from the weather people, and when we boo you for selling us a baseball ticket for $31 and in turn get one worth less than ten after 1 1/3 innings of baseball shut up and take it.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”