Tour de France...streaming online coverage?

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
dave esmond
Forum God/Goddess

Tour de France...streaming online coverage?

Postby dave esmond » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:12 pm

Big TDF geek here.

I tried to follow today's stage over at www.versus.com. But the fancypants web shit didn't work for me. Plus I hear they missed the actual finish of the stage in favor of a commercial. Nice.

So...

Is there any place on the web I can watch coverage? I don't care if it's in english or not. I get the sport and don't need help to understand what's going on.

I don't know why but part of me wants to not be a Lance fan, maybe it's the Texas thing.....but darn it I am. After I stumbled across the website for the bike shop he co-owns I like him even more.

http://www.mellowjohnnys.com/

Check out the cool stuff they do for bike commuters. Awesome.

Jazznews
Forum Addict

Re: Tour de France...streaming online coverage?

Postby Jazznews » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:33 pm

Here's Lance Armstrong on Twitter.

He's still in second place but Thomas Voeckler won today's stage...
Five years to the day after he put on the yellow jersey, Thomas Voeckler of France claimed his first stage victory on the Tour de France.

Voeckler, who wore the coveted leader's jersey for nine days in 2004, made his move 3.1 miles from the finish Wednedsay to escape a small breakaway. The Frenchman arrived at the line with tears in his eyes.

"I dedicate this victory to myself, my son and my wife, who actually didn't see me win as she was returning home in a plane," the 30-year-old Voeckler said.

Fabian Cancellara of Switzerland retained the overall lead, with seven-time champion Lance Armstrong a fraction of a second behind after the fifth stage, a 122-mile ride along the windy Mediterranean Sea from Le Cap d'Agde to Perpignan....

dave esmond
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Tour de France...streaming online coverage?

Postby dave esmond » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:37 pm

I don't Twitter or Facebook.

I'd like to be able to watch the race and not just read the results.

Live coverage is supposed to be here....

http://www.worldlivetv.it/en/

I'll check tomorrow.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”