Favre to meet with Vikings

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Favre to meet with Vikings

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:30 am

This was all about the money. I, for one am happy about Bert's return as it was so much fun hating him last year. The NFC Championship game was absolutely delightful and I expect the same this year.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:41 am

I expect the Saints D to make him regret this in week 1.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:45 am

I think it was more about his refusal to participate in training camp, but maybe he needed another couple million to muzzle Jenn Sterger. Pretty funny parody song...

http://youbeenblinded.com/the-jenn-ster ... music/8558

keelio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby keelio » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:48 am

If it was just about the money, as Ned states, I can't fault Favre. His total compensation last year was just above JaMarcus Russell, and half that of Cutler and Rivers. The guy performed as one of the top five in the league and should be rewarded for that, he's due that amount of respect. Remains to be seen if he can perform to last year's level, but I'd like to see him do it. The guy's a warrior on the field, can't deny that.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:12 am

Well, it took a while, but it looks like Favre's dream of throwing to Randy Moss has come true. Big mistake by the Patriots, unless he was turning into a serious malcontent, yet again.

Crap.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:51 am

I trust the Patriots front office more than the Vikings. The Queens now have a pair of over the hill diva's who will have zero chemistry. Just like everyone else on that offense. They just took the whole week off for their bye week. If I was Chilly I would have had at least Brent and the receivers in there catching passes. A desperate move by a desperate team.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:55 am

fisticuffs wrote: A desperate move by a desperate team.

I agree, but they had to do something after being unwilling to give up a 2nd and 3rd for Vincent Jackson. You don't send three players down to Mississippi to beg Favre to come back, and let him extort you for a raise, without having serious plans for a run at the Super Bowl.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:01 am

You don't send three players down to Mississippi to beg Favre to come back, and let him extort you for a raise, without having serious plans for a run at the Super Bowl.

Yep they certainly are going all in. Kind of strange given their awful start. I just don't think this is the answer up there. They have Rice coming back, Shiancoe, Peterson, Harvin when he's healthy, Berrian, and Camarillo is a good WR as well. They just needed Brett in camp. Moss may have something to prove but he's not what he was even 2 years ago. He caught Zero passes on Monday night. He'll want a huge amount of money next year. He's not worth it but Ziggy will certainly over pay. Give this team two years and they'll look like the Oakland Raiders. So will Chicago. Say what you want about TT but he hasn't sacrificed the next decade of the team for a few months of gratification.

keelio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby keelio » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:35 pm

Well, after last week's fantasy showing by Moss...as in the big '0', zippo, zilch... this can only help the Muskellunge dominate the Forontasy League.

A few year's late, but Favre's got his guy. Dream date or dud...remains to be seen.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:56 pm

You just know that Brent and Mossy will have a big game against the Pack though.

Stella_Guru
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stella_Guru » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:56 am

keelio wrote: Dream date or dud...remains to be seen.

The pics of his crank didn't impress, so it looks like a dud for the slack-jawed hick. Will the League suspend their glory boy, or will we have to endure more wedding pictures before this evenings game?

scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby scratch » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:39 am

Stella_Guru wrote:
keelio wrote: Dream date or dud...remains to be seen.

The pics of his crank didn't impress, so it looks like a dud for the slack-jawed hick. Will the League suspend their glory boy, or will we have to endure more wedding pictures before this evenings game?

Whatever happens, brave statements of belief in The Great Man's goodness and expressions of undying fealty will populate message boards at various media webpages. Perhaps there wil be fewer of them at TDPF, perhaps not. Chicago sports radio is reporting that Jen Sterger, the recipient of St. Brett's lust, has agreed to cooperate with the NFL investigation after she refused to cooperate with DeadSpin.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:51 am

scratch wrote:
Whatever happens, brave statements of belief in The Great Man's goodness and expressions of undying fealty will populate message boards at various media webpages. Perhaps there wil be fewer of them at TDPF, perhaps not.

Stop hating on Brent!

Let the first man who hasn't sent a cell-phone picture of his genitalia to a co-worker cast the first stone!

[deafening silence]

Yeah, that's what I thought....

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:43 am

Gramps looked physically and emotionally shot last night. Time to mount the mower and ride off into the sunset.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:57 am

I have never been more of a pro football fan. This season has it all: heroic comebacks, pathos, redemption, desperation, idiocy, humiliation, underdogs, salty food, sweet food....

I don't know what saddens Favre more: That his family is crumbling or that aches/pains are preventing him from being the player he thinks he can be. Either way, I wouldn't count him out. He has always sought redemption on the football field and now that he has Randy Moss to throw to, I expect him to go down swinging.

This is who he has always been: a deeply flawed individual whose transgressions make you cringe, but whose athletic accomplishments can bring you off your couch. Football fans are more emotionally invested in this guy than members of their own families. Watching Twitter during Monday night's game, you could see people simultaneously cheering for and against him.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”