Favre to meet with Vikings

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Favre to meet with Vikings

Postby acereraser » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:29 pm

Hee hee hee.

Would I be in danger wearing a Favre Vikings jersey around town?

oranger
Forum Addict

Postby oranger » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:49 pm

I'm through acting like I don't care. Dammit that hurts. What a jerk.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:53 pm

Whatever spat he had with the team it really is a slap in the face to all those fans. Selfish arrogant jerk. Ruined his good name at this point. I don't think the Pack should retire his number.

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:12 pm

Media have used the Brent Farve saga to raise the level of credence given to "unnamed sources" to stupifying new heights.

Stomach
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stomach » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:50 pm

acereraser wrote:Would I be in danger wearing a Favre Vikings jersey around town?

No, I don't think you're in danger of looking like a bigger dink-hole than your average Vikings fan.

MeLurkyLongTime
Forum Addict

Postby MeLurkyLongTime » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:26 am

fisticuffs wrote:Whatever spat he had with the team it really is a slap in the face to all those fans. Selfish arrogant jerk. Ruined his good name at this point. I don't think the Pack should retire his number.

Totally agree with the above. If he does play for the Vikings at the game in Green Bay everyone at Lambeau should stand up and turn their backs to the field in silence as the Vikings come out. Anyone wanna start a backs to Brett campaign?

Peanutbutter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Peanutbutter » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:52 am

MeLurkyLongTime wrote:Anyone wanna start a backs to Brett campaign?

Not just him. Lots of other players should also be shunned. I hate any player who used to be a Packer and then betrayed us by going elsewhere. I also don't have love for any current Packer who used to be with another team. If we weren't good enough to be their first team, then then don't get my respect.

Fuck them if they can't be loyal and fuck them if they didn't start as a Packer. Brent gets it on both counts.

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:14 pm

Peanutbutter wrote:

Not just him. Lots of other players should also be shunned. I hate any player who used to be a Packer and then betrayed us by going elsewhere. I also don't have love for any current Packer who used to be with another team. If we weren't good enough to be their first team, then then don't get my respect.

Fuck them if they can't be loyal and fuck them if they didn't start as a Packer. Brent gets it on both counts.

This is sarcasm, and I read you loud and clear. Perfect illustration of over-involved fan mentality. Get a life and get over it.

MeLurkyLongTime
Forum Addict

Postby MeLurkyLongTime » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:44 am

boston_jeff wrote:
Peanutbutter wrote:

This is sarcasm, and I read you loud and clear. Perfect illustration of over-involved fan mentality. Get a life and get over it.

Yes I'm sure nothing like that would ever happen in Boston.

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:53 am

If the organization was the main reason the player left, it wouldn't. I didn't hate Pedro or Joe Thornton when they left. One un-retirement after leading the team to an NFC championship game would not cause this kind of bs.

If Belichick forces Brady out of the organization, I won't be crying about him being selfish if he wants to play for the Jets.

PACKMAN

Postby PACKMAN » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:00 pm

I Think people need to wake up! Favre is not a traitor at all! Traitor ted would not let him come back to play for them..................REMEMBER! Ted thompson's first draft with us he drafted arron rodgers in the first round. If i was brett, i would want to play for the viqueens as well, they have a team!All you supposed fans of the green and gold seem to forget that he wanted to end his career as a packer, but ted thompson did not want him there. Ted is all about himself, he has no real pride in packer tradition at all! Now we start another year with a good defensive cordinator, and a good linebackers coach. We should go to superbowl this year, but i know we will not! This team is good, but unfortunatley we do not have #4 leading us, thats what makes the difference. Arron is an ok qb, but he will never be as good as brett! It makes no sense to let a great qb like brett go, for an ok qb.So when brett comes to lambeau as a viking we should give him a standing ovation! He played so hard for us, and he racked up so many good seasons. The great ones always do, john elway, dan marino,joe montana, jonny unitas. They are the real reason for success! They make average players look better then they are, and they mask flaws in your team that are not appparent.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:48 pm

It looks like Brent has made his first good decision since regulation of the 2007 NFC Championship Game.

Damn. I was looking forward to the drama.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Yep. Probably a good move on his part. He wouldn't have been have the QB he was even 2 years ago. Well how about Ron Mexico? Can you imagine Bad Newz Kennels and Purple Jesus in the same backfield?

MeLurkyLongTime
Forum Addict

Postby MeLurkyLongTime » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:09 am

Think he'll change his mind tomorrow?

Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Michael Patrick » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:06 am

MeLurkyLongTime wrote:Think he'll change his mind tomorrow?

Yep, he's just getting started. The Vikings don't know what they are in for. He's going to play them like a violin, back and forth, back and forth, etc.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”