Weeks without a complaint ...

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Weeks without a complaint ...

Postby jjoyce » Thu May 14, 2009 9:47 am

Lead! Off! Home! Errr! Clap! Clap! Clap-clap-clap!

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Thu May 14, 2009 9:57 am

nevermore wrote:And unless your name's Mark Prior or Ben Sheets, injuries heal.

What about Milton Bradley?

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Thu May 14, 2009 10:02 am

What about Milton Bradley?

He's been seen hanging out with this guy:

And I just don't trust rich people.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Thu May 14, 2009 2:44 pm

How good does it feel to have a decent closer? Seriously looks like Hoffman has some gas left in the tank. This time last year you'd get to the 8th and 9th and it seemed no lead was safe.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Fri May 15, 2009 12:07 pm

Big, BIG series with the hated Redbirds starts tonight. Especially important because the sCrUBS and the dirty stinking Reds are both facing bottom-feeding chum over the weekend.

If Gallardo, Suppan and Parra can bring it in St. Louis Bernie B. might just get a little separation from the rest of the NL Central rat pack - which would be a huge psychological advantage, especially for a team that is still young enough to be vulnerable to slumps and losses of confidence.

C'mon Brewers! Avenge the Wallbangers of '82!

nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nevermore » Fri May 15, 2009 12:26 pm

That's beautiful. It's nice to be reminded that no matter our differences, we're bound by seething Cardinal-hatred. May the Crew go 2-1 this weekend.

So the Cubs can take first place after they sweep the Astros. Oh, shit!

wallrock
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wallrock » Fri May 15, 2009 2:50 pm

nevermore wrote:That's beautiful. It's nice to be reminded that no matter our differences, we're bound by seething Cardinal-hatred.

Most definitely. Though I feel that most of the younger Crew fans don't have the intrinsic hatred of the Cardinals as those that were around in '82. I went to a Brewers-Cardinals game last season with a busload of kids around 25-27 years old, just a bit younger than me. Granted, no one seemed to be as excited for baseball as they were for drinking in the parking lot, but I was aghast when they invited the Redbird fans from a couple buses over to play beer pong before the game.

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Fri May 15, 2009 2:52 pm

wallrock wrote:
nevermore wrote:That's beautiful. It's nice to be reminded that no matter our differences, we're bound by seething Cardinal-hatred.

Most definitely. Though I feel that most of the younger Crew fans don't have the intrinsic hatred of the Cardinals as those that were around in '82. I went to a Brewers-Cardinals game last season with a busload of kids around 25-27 years old, just a bit younger than me. Granted, no one seemed to be as excited for baseball as they were for drinking in the parking lot, but I was aghast when they invited the Redbird fans from a couple buses over to play beer pong before the game.

I bet they were even more excited to play with beanbags and ladder golf.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri May 15, 2009 3:00 pm

beer pong

It's called Beirut.

ladder golf

It's called Testicle Toss.
So the Cubs can take first place after they sweep the Astros. Oh, shit!

It's called wishful thinking.

nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nevermore » Fri May 15, 2009 3:12 pm

nevermore wrote:So the Cubs can take first place after they sweep the Astros. Oh, shit!

nevermore curse strikes again! Rainout in Chicago today guarantees Cubs end the weekend no better than where they're at now.

I'm not being dumb. I just do this every once and a while to prove the curse still works.

wallrock
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wallrock » Fri May 15, 2009 3:13 pm

boston_jeff wrote:
wallrock wrote:

I bet they were even more excited to play with beanbags and ladder golf.

No shit! And the absolute worst part of it: the group left in the 8th to go back to the bus after beer sales ceased in Miller Park with the score 3-2 Cards, and Fielder tied it up with a blast to right but Gagne came in and gave up two runs in the 9th.

I get that not everyone is into baseball and it wasn't like the tickets were that expensive ($15 4th level seats, I believe), but why bother if you aren't going to stick out a close one?

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Fri May 15, 2009 3:28 pm

Indeed. The fact that the ballpark was only half full for first pitch on Opening Day last year was a shock to me. As was the lack of playoff sellouts in advance.

Hey, at least I got to see Opening Day (bonus Dave Roberts autograph) and the only Brewers playoff win since 1982!

Frank Booth
Forum Addict

Postby Frank Booth » Fri May 15, 2009 11:08 pm

boston_jeff wrote:Indeed. The fact that the ballpark was only half full for first pitch on Opening Day last year was a shock to me. As was the lack of playoff sellouts in advance.

Hey, at least I got to see Opening Day (bonus Dave Roberts autograph) and the only Brewers playoff win since 1982!

I was at Fenway for the 2nd home game of the 2004 season. Bought my tickets day of, about 1/2 full. Guess it was 1 year too early for the bandwagon.

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Fri May 15, 2009 11:47 pm

Ooo burn. Day after Opening Day stories are as relevant as day before the playoffs stories.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Sat May 16, 2009 9:37 am

Frank Booth wrote:I was at Fenway for the 2nd home game of the 2004 season. Bought my tickets day of, about 1/2 full. Guess it was 1 year too early for the bandwagon.

Did you buy them from a scalper? Fenway's been sold out every game since 5/15/03.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”