Jeff Suppan

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
Right Bower
Forum Addict

Jeff Suppan

Postby Right Bower » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:11 pm

Sucks.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Jeff Suppan

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:13 pm

and Blows. How did he end up at the top of the rotation?

chriss

Postby chriss » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:08 pm

Brewers are in a world of hurt if they don't get some decent pitching ASAP. Their bats and Gallardo can't do it alone.

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:33 pm

He's really good at donating to Christian causes that block stem cell research though. You have to give him great respect for that.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:37 pm

So what pitchers are out there for the taking? What would Mil give up? Anyway we can ship out Weeks as well? Don't we have a fantastic prospect at 2B/SS? I want to see some of this young talent. Trial by fire or not they'll be a better team come fall for it.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:04 pm

fisticuffs wrote:So what pitchers are out there for the taking? What would Mil give up? Anyway we can ship out Weeks as well? Don't we have a fantastic prospect at 2B/SS? I want to see some of this young talent. Trial by fire or not they'll be a better team come fall for it.

The prospect in mind is Alcides Escobar, and he's very highly rated. The only real difference maker available now is Jake Peavy, though the Brewers will face serious competition with the Cubs for his services.

If the Brewers can wait it out and have $$ to spend, there most likely will be some salary-dumping in the months ahead as the economy continues to sour and teams fall out of contention. Otherwise, they may have to wait until a contender becomes desperate for offense(Red Sox???) and offer up Prince Fielder, maybe replacing him in the lineup with Mat Gamel.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:27 pm

Yes Escobar that's the one. Bring him up already. He can't fare much worse than Weeksy. Put Escobar at 2b or move Hardy to 2 and Escobar at his native SS. Prince is certainly going to get dealt. Rather that than have him walk away and sign with the YankMee's.

minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:38 pm

Weeks has been ok and is gonna have a breakout year. Hall, however, is a sinkhole, and should be traded at the first sign of life in his bat coinciding with a sucker who needs a "third baseman."

Suppan should have been yanked from the rotation last year. But it's the first week of the season. I'm sure we won't see any drastic changes for a bit.

also: forget about Peavy, already. He's too expensive and too fragile.

dave esmond
Forum God/Goddess

Postby dave esmond » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:14 pm

minicat wrote:But it's the first week of the season.

Geez. Really.

As a Cubs fan I gotta say "Thanks Soup". But really, it's week one.

Right Bower
Forum Addict

Postby Right Bower » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:44 pm

Suppan has pretty much sucked since he's been a Brewer. I don't care if it's week 1 or the last week in Sept. His roller coaster of a season last year made me sick.

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:22 pm

He's always sucked.

aaronetc
Forum Addict

Postby aaronetc » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:49 pm

chriss wrote:Their bats and Gallardo can't do it alone.

Apparently Gallardo can't do it, either. Although to be fair, he just gave it up on a grand slam instead of four based-loaded walks.

nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nevermore » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:00 pm

I was at that game and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. :P

I look at it this way: Until today's game, Jeff Suppan had more hits than Jason Kendall. What is it about the Brewers taking out the trash for other teams?

minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:57 am

nevermore wrote:I was at that game and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. :P

I look at it this way: Until today's game, Jeff Suppan had more hits than Jason Kendall. What is it about the Brewers taking out the trash for other teams?

Kendall could hit .000 for the season and be an improvement on what we had behind the plate before.

The Brewers do sort of largely look like crap right now, honestly. So far, it doesn't appear the new manager/coaches have caused the team to be better on fundamental play than the last regime. Outside of a couple guys, the whole team is swinging like they're trying to hit a home run every at bat. But let's give them a bit more time to work it out before panicking.

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:51 am

I've been pretty disappointed in Macha's ho-hum managerial attitude so far. He says he's still learning about the NL Central and what his own players can do blah blah blah .... gee Ken, what was Spring Training for? I know it's early into a long season, but already I'm seeing tired, disheartened looks on players faces. Losing will do that.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”