Brackets, anyone?

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Brackets, anyone?

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Well Memphis just cost me the first loss of one of my Final Four. Fuck you Memphis. On a positive note I'm batting 1.000 in the East region. Looks like things are still pretty tight for the Foron pool. Maybe someone will pull away tonight. Any predictions?

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:33 pm

fisticuffs wrote: Maybe someone will pull away tonight. Any predictions?

It won't be me.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:38 pm

It won't be me.

A bold prediction indeed. What about the games specifically. Can MIST keep the Big Ten alive? Knowing what you know know any major changes in your predictions? Where's the Madness people?!!!

Anyways I had UCONN picked to lose this next one (to Memphis)but after seeing them stroll on through the tourney so far I should have probably taken them all the way.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:42 pm

My SO, who was doing awesomely (and still kinda is), lost two Final Four teams last night. She should have known better than to pick Duke, but that's the nature of her proficiency at picking brackets; she doesn't know better.

I, on the other hand, was feeling really good about my Purdue pick at halftime last night. Frown.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:52 pm

Judging from my picks, I probably don't know what the hell I'm talking about, but I'll give it a whirl.

I haven't been very high on Michigan State(thought Purdue was the best team in the conference, but they ran into a buzzsaw), but they usually play their best come tournament time and face a very inexperienced Kansas team, so I think they have a good chance of advancing.

UConn has been the most dominant team so far, but I was thoroughly impressed in what little I saw of Mizzou. Damn good team that plays at a frenetic place; I wish I had actually seen them play during the regular season.

It's quite clear that the Big East was the best conference this year. I'm sticking with Pittsburgh, but they're certainly not making it look easy.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:03 pm

I thought the same about State. I watched Purdue own them in that game towards the end of the season. Honestly I expected them to be in decline mode this year after that punk ass little white dude who's name I can't remember graduated. Missou was a shocker for sure. I only caught a few minutes of the game as Network switched everyone here over to Duke. Memphis was lookin mighty tough when I stopped watching. And they had one thier previous like 27 games or something. I picked Louisville to win it all but haven't seen one second of them in the tourney. Now I'm definitely second guessing that choice.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:46 pm

Worst to first, baby! Go Big Ten!

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:17 pm

Bookie, I think I owe you a 6 pack, but will you ever collect?

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:32 pm

Oh, I will collect.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”