Lung capacity training for swimmers

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Lung capacity training for swimmers

Postby Bigote » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:43 pm

Forum God/Goddess

Re: Lung capacity training for swimmers

Postby supaunknown » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:25 pm

I respect that he owned up to it. I honestly can't tell it's really him from that photo. I wouldn't have minded him modestly declaring, "Yeah, I smoke trees occasionally", but it's completely understandable why he didn't. Heck, he probably really doesn't smoke much of anything.

I sort of dig that quaint bong he's using, but with his lung capacity and go-for-it attitude I would've liked to have seen him pull an all-out sloberknocker.

Young guy has the whole world looking up to him. Life's probably a whole lot simpler when he's in water.

Has the International Olympic Committee yet decided whether weed is against the rules or not?

Forum God/Goddess

Re: Lung capacity training for swimmers

Postby jjoyce » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:52 pm

Statement I wish Phelps had released:

At 11, I began a training regimen with the intent of winning a lot of golds at the 2008 Olympics. That's 13 years of day-in, day-out hard work directed at what often seemed like an out-of-reach goal. I gave up a lot of things that are standard issue for most teenagers. Think of high school football two-a-days... for 13 straight years.

When my dream was finally realized in Beijing by accomplishing something that no one has ever done before, I figure I deserved to take a few months off to relax and celebrate. The Olympic medals were great, but the sense of relief that it was over almost outweighed the sense of joy from winning. I needed to exhale.

So put yourself in my shoes. You're 23, arguably the most conditioned human being on the planet with millions of dollars flowing in daily and your face on dozens of magazines. And the only evidence of any Vida Loca to date is this dicey photo of me and a bong?

I apologize for nothing. My only crime is that I didn't circulate photos of the night I spent with the entire Swedish synchronized swimming team.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”