Brutal. Just brutal.

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Brutal. Just brutal.

Postby O.J. » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:56 pm

Words can't describe how painful tonight's loss to Minnesota was. Unless a team is completely incapable of doing so, it would be idiotic to not press Wisconsin full-court.

When you're protecting a three point lead in the waning moments of a game, you ALWAYS foul the opposing team before they have a chance to get a shot off. Not sometimes, not usually. EVERY. SINGLE. FUCKING. TIME.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Brutal. Just brutal.

Postby jjoyce » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:33 am

"What really hurt us were the points they gained on the turnovers, because then you are spread out, your offense goes to defense quickly,'' Ryan said. "They were much more athletic than us with, from one through five with who they had on the floor, and we were not quick enough to transition back defensively when we turned it over.''

That's going to be the case with just about every decent team they play. Minnesota either created or followed the ideal strategy for beating Bo's deliberate offense.

buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby buckyor » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:27 pm

You want brutal? You should have been watching the Purdue-Northwestern game for a level of brutality that puts the Badger loss to shame.

As I've posted elsewhere, the Cats have spent the last seven years learning how to lose. Since the kids at NU are generally pretty bright, they've become experts. In fact, I'd venture to say there may be no one better at it in the country. Teams that have brought in competent coaches recently- such as Minnesota bringing in Tubby Smith- are learning how to win.

This may not be the best Badger team of the decade, but they will be fine. The Badgers have known how to win for some time now. They'll finish in the top 3 or 4 of the conference and get a bid to the tourney. Maybe win a game or two.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:41 pm

They haven't held up against any stiff competition yet. Not sure if they will. If that's the case this could be one of the worst seasons in recent history. Not terrible mind you just not nearly as good. I used to looks at the schedule and see the tougher games and think there's no reason we aren't going to pull that one out. This year though not so much.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:27 pm

buckyor wrote: As I've posted elsewhere, the Cats have spent the last seven years learning how to lose. Since the kids at NU are generally pretty bright, they've become experts. In fact, I'd venture to say there may be no one better at it in the country. Teams that have brought in competent coaches recently- such as Minnesota bringing in Tubby Smith- are learning how to win.

Sing it with me one time:

Bill Carmody
When the feeling's gone
And you can't go on
It's Bill Carmody...

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”