Best Bike Shop

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
Laboratory

Best Bike Shop

Postby Laboratory » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:55 pm

I would like to get my wife a gift certificate for a new bike, but I'm not sure which shop in town would have the greatest number of choices (especially on frame and tire sizes as she is fairly picky about that).

Ideally, this shop would allow the return of the gift certificate if she absolutely refuses to get one (she has been thinking about it for a while now and I'm hoping the gift will "force" her into it). I know almost nothing about bikes, which is why I am here.

She rides a semi-custom Terry now (she got it for touring Europe and the US over 10 years ago), but was thinking about replacing it with a general-purpose road bike.

Suggestions?

Bunny Chow
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Best Bike Shop

Postby Bunny Chow » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:02 pm

Erik's or Budget.

I don't think any bike store or otherwise will give you a cash refund on a gift certificate.

If your wife ends up not wanted a new bike, at least at Erik's she can get herself a snowboard instead.

kitten

Postby kitten » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:13 pm

I would go with Budget, it's the same owner as Machinery Row and the gift cert would be valid at either. Machinery Row has a great selection of road bikes and some different brands than are at Budget so she would have broad options shopping between all the Budget and M. Row stores

Laboratory

Postby Laboratory » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:12 pm

I just checked with Machinery Row, their gift certificates cannot be used at Budget...

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”