2008-2009 Badger Men's Basketball season starts Sunday

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Re: 2008-2009 Badger Men's Basketball season starts Sunday

Postby acereraser » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:29 am

jjoyce wrote:I love this thread. Every time I see it come back, I think it's a fresh one, as in the real season starts THIS SUNDAY. And then I have to think about it and realize that there's often not a game that particular Sunday.

So, is it true that the real season started this past Sunday with the win in State College, PA?

I would push it back to the win over Illinois. Incidentally, the College Basketball front page at ESPN.com is currently featuring a picture of Marcus Landry, and the story is that Wisconsin is one of the teams back on the bubble. One thing I was not aware of until I read the article is that the Badgers have the fourth toughest schedule this season. That won't hurt them when the numbers crunch.

acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Postby acereraser » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:19 pm

What a great game. Krabbenhoft's place among the greatest Badgers of all time is secure. Evan Turner from State was seemingly scoring at will for a while, I can't believe he didn't end up with more points. He would be even more dangerous if he had a team to play with. ESPN sure has the golden touch.

After the game, as we were in line, in the car, in the ramp, some college age guy was going up the line, getting all the people in line to high five him. When it was our turn, I tried to just put my hand on the window, but the superfan would have none of it, and instructed me with a vigorous roll-down-the-window motion. After we fived, he reached in and insisted my eight-year-old boy five him too. The look on my boy's face was priceless; a little fear, a little amazement, and a little excitement, rolled together. After the superfan moved on, my boy asked me what that was all about. I said, "That was one of the most memorable Badger games ever. That game changed people's lives." I was half-kidding when I said it, but he didn't know, and it was fun to hear him mull over the concept and repeat the phrase out loud. Good stuff.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Tue May 19, 2009 12:21 pm

O.J. wrote:Thankfully, help seems to be on the way in a few years. Both 2010 recruits(Evan Anderson and Vander Blue) were recently ranked in the Top 50 nationally.

It looks like we may lose the latter recruit(press conference scheduled tonight), which would really suck.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Tue May 19, 2009 6:11 pm

Crap.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”