Playoffs Round 2

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

WS matchups?

Phils-Rays
No votes
Phils-Sox
No votes

Total votes: 0

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Playoffs Round 2

Postby boston_jeff » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:56 pm

Really enjoyed the Brewer game on Saturday, the fans were really into it, the place was full at first pitch, and the noise level was off the charts (aided by a closed roof--I still can't get behind that one tho'). Brewers won the game, but not the series--might've had a chance if CC won game two, but timely hitting was an issue, as it was down the stretch.

I'm predicting an LA-Boston WS with the Red Sox winning in 6 for obvious reasons (personal and rational), what do the rest of you forons think?

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:59 pm

no disrespect but the story line that would do the most for me would be Torre winning the WS after the Yaknholes fired him and Manny being Manny being the WS MVP against his old team.

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:07 pm

Torre absolutely deserves it after the pisspoor way the Spankees handled his contract (I will never understand the fascination with Joe Girardi as a player or as a manager--the guy sucks) and how his team played the Cubs in the NLDS.

After everything I've read and heard about the Manny thing in Boston, I can't really get behind wishing him well. He quit on his team, plain and simple. I love and respect him for what he did for the Red Sox most days, but any guy with that much talent who quits on his teammates (much less the fans) during a pennant race to get out of his contract, doesn't deserve the October spotlight. Jason Bay on the other hand...

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:09 pm

Go to the other thread, this one has an f-ed up poll.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”