Brewers Going to the Playoffs?

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Brewers Going to the Playoffs?

Postby nevermore » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:03 pm

Well, this has been an interesting week. The Cubs, despite being in extended Spring Training mode, managed to take two of four from the Mets and the Brewers managed to avoid choking against the Pirates.

So, with the Mets hosting the Marlins and the three-game series everyone circled on their calendars since the schedule was released last year happening, what are your picks for the weekend?

Mine: Both Mets and Brewers go 1-2 for the weekend and have to hold a playoff at rainy Shea. Or, better yet, that scenario combines with the Phillies getting swept by the Generals so the Phils and Mets have to play a tie-breaker before the loser plays the Brewers for the Wild Card spot (under both scenarios, the Brewers would still have to go on the road next week).

minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:16 pm

So, are the Cubs going to keep playing the backups, or are the starters magically all going to be back in the lineup against the Brewers?

nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nevermore » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:11 pm

minicat wrote:So, are the Cubs going to keep playing the backups, or are the starters magically all going to be back in the lineup against the Brewers?

I know Lou's going to keep the pitchers at a shortened pitch count (esp. Z, who'll probably pitch only a couple innings tops on Sunday). He also needs to find out who to put in the final bench slots. Expect to see Micah Hoffpauir playing again tonight after exploding last night. He also is going to want to rest some of his starters (no Lee, Ramirez, Soriano, DeRosa or Soto last night, for example) but they'll get in on the action. I was pleased to see the Cubs do as well at Shea as they did with this extended Spring Training setup.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:20 pm

I think all the playoff nominee's should put their playoff campaigns on hold to focus on the economic crisis.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”