Traveling to Miller Park from Madison. Any suggestions?

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
Forum Addict

Traveling to Miller Park from Madison. Any suggestions?

Postby Fat.The.Gangster » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:26 am

I have tickets to this Friday's Brewers/Cubs game but the memory of my three hour nightmare getting to Miller Park last time is making me nauseous.

Does anyone have suggestions about a more efficient way to get to the stadium on game day than slogging on the Interstate with a bunch of cargo-short/flip-flop wearing, Jeep Wrangler driving, backward hat styling, Illinoisans? Buses? Alternate routes? Rocket-fueled jet-pack?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:28 am

Got in and out with relative ease the last time I went. (Sold out game).

Forum Addict

Postby Elliot » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:29 am

Get there early and tailgate.

Forum God/Goddess

Postby wallrock » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:38 pm

Coming from the west isn't usually too terrible. Traffic tends to back up near the National Cemetery before the game but it has never been more than a 15-30 minute wait to get parked for us. I've had problems leaving from the parking lot across the Interstate but usually we try to show up early and leave later.

I tried an alternative route once last year, taking Bluemound in from Goerkes Corner after meeting up with someone there, but it seemed longer and I didn't get out any quicker.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:09 pm

Start early. Get off the interstate at the Hawley Rd. exist and take a left. Take the next right on Bluemond Rd. and park on one of the streets towards Wisconsin Ave. Go to a sports bars on Bluemond and have a brew or two. Take the short walk to Miller Park. After the game, do the same in reserve.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”