Favre cries his way to the Jets

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
Bob Cobb
Forum Addict
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:01 am

Postby Bob Cobb » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:38 am

jjoyce wrote:Maybe now Packer fans will realize that life doesn't revolve around the NFL, but I doubt it. Perspective has never been really big in and around Lambeau Field.


Analysis from a Vikings fan is always a treat.

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2603
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:41 pm
Location: Near East

Postby boston_jeff » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:41 am

Lets read an article about this saga that makes sense:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/ ... ortCat=nfl

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2603
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:41 pm
Location: Near East

Postby boston_jeff » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:45 am

O.J. wrote:
boston_jeff wrote: I hope the Jets trade Favre to Minnesota or the Bears and the Packers (the organization) eat a shit sandwich.


Not gonna happen. I'm pretty sure there was a poison pill added to the trade that would require the Jets to surrender 3 #1 picks if Favre gets traded to Minnesota.


Q: Is it possible for the Jets to trade him again?

A: Unless Favre signed an agreement saying he could not be traded again, the Jets would have the right to shop him to the Vikings, but I'm sure they won't. Jets fans would not allow Favre to slip out of town. No, the Jets dealt for him to make a run at the playoffs. The acquisition of Favre spells the end of the Chad Pennington era, for sure. He will probably be released or traded, while Kellen Clemens will stick around as a backup. The Jets must feel as though they won a lottery in obtaining Favre. Too bad he might not feel the same.

Wanda
Forum Addict
Posts: 363
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:54 am

Postby Wanda » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:51 am

Just wait how vicious Packer fans can be when by the end of September the pack is 1-3. I hope Aaron Rogers, Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy all have emergency escape routes out of Green Bay planned.

pulsewidth modulation
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2451
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:18 pm

Postby pulsewidth modulation » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:06 am

jjoyce wrote:Maybe now **Packer fans will realize that life doesn't revolve around the NFL, but I doubt it. Perspective has never been really big in and around Lambeau Field.


**Don't you mean 85 percent of Green Bay residents?

True story:

For the record, I grew up in Green Bay and left when I was 18, never to return, except for occasional visits until my parents moved from the city 5 years ago. I've only been back to GB twice since their move.

A few weeks ago I got a random phone call from a high school friend asking me to attend the next high school reunion. Within 2 minutes he was talking about the Packers and the Brett Favre saga. I hadn't spoken to him in 1.5 years and this is what he wanted to talk about? OK...

This is NOT a stereotype; too many people who live in Green Bay spend far to much time in front of the TV consuming some kind of spectator sport media. In regards to the 85 percenters; except for their jobs and families, it's as if nothing else matters except the Packers.

You cannot go 1 hour in that city without seeing or hearing something Packers. Bizarre... That's why I left. There is simply more to life than job, family, Packers (in that order).
Last edited by pulsewidth modulation on Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3226
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:13 am

Postby O.J. » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:08 am

boston_jeff wrote:
O.J. wrote:
boston_jeff wrote: I hope the Jets trade Favre to Minnesota or the Bears and the Packers (the organization) eat a shit sandwich.


Not gonna happen. I'm pretty sure there was a poison pill added to the trade that would require the Jets to surrender 3 #1 picks if Favre gets traded to Minnesota.


Q: Is it possible for the Jets to trade him again?

A: Unless Favre signed an agreement saying he could not be traded again, the Jets would have the right to shop him to the Vikings, but I'm sure they won't. Jets fans would not allow Favre to slip out of town. No, the Jets dealt for him to make a run at the playoffs. The acquisition of Favre spells the end of the Chad Pennington era, for sure. He will probably be released or traded, while Kellen Clemens will stick around as a backup. The Jets must feel as though they won a lottery in obtaining Favre. Too bad he might not feel the same.


Do you actually think that fan outrage, moreso than the exorbitant cost in draft picks, would be more of a deterrent to trading Favre?

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2603
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:41 pm
Location: Near East

Postby boston_jeff » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:13 am

I don't think anything, but I'm not sure about those three #1 draft picks. Until I see that verified I'm going to go with a 4th round pick, kind of like what the Jets gave up for Favre.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3226
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:13 am

Postby O.J. » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:17 am

I guess I haven't been privy to the actual paperwork, but it's been reported on multiple sites.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/myfox/pa ... geId=3.2.1

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2603
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:41 pm
Location: Near East

Postby boston_jeff » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:23 am

So much for the Packers thinking he's all done. That's pretty fucking ridiculous. I can't believe that Favre or the Jets agreed to that.

jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 5467
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2001 12:05 pm
Location: All Up In Your General Area
Contact:

Postby jammybastard » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:05 pm

Shipley wrote:by "title update" I was referring to the regular updates Madden and other games get online to balance the game, fix bugs, and reflect the current rosters.


No shit?!?
Duh.
Maybe that's why I specifically said "not the cover".
Y'know, you're not the only one around here who follows this stuff and knows the subtleties involved.

depinmad
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2062
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:17 am

Postby depinmad » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:22 pm

jammybastard wrote:
Shipley wrote:by "title update" I was referring to the regular updates Madden and other games get online to balance the game, fix bugs, and reflect the current rosters.


No shit?!?
Duh.
Maybe that's why I specifically said "not the cover".
Y'know, you're not the only one around here who follows this stuff and knows the subtleties involved.


see what i mean?

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8533
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: The mystical Far East
Contact:

Postby TheBookPolice » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:52 pm

Hearing on ESPN Radio now that EA will offer a printable replacement cover featuring Brett the Jet.

And, as previously mentioned, the DLC roster update.

Oh, and Shipley might have been a little pedantic, but jammy, you're the one that "blew up" (for lack of a better term) first. How do you know Shipley wasn't just trying to clarify? And dep, seriously. What's up with you lately?

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 5578
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:22 pm

Postby supaunknown » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:06 pm

I kept re-reading the scroll on the Favreticker last night in disbelief. Then ESPN ran 10 of Favre's career highlight performances. All classic.

It's simply crazy. Favre is God. He restored the faith to Packer fans everywhere. You don't trade God.

#4 forever.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3226
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:13 am

Postby O.J. » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:16 pm

Are you sure Favre even played for the Packers in the first place? I ask this as an agnostic.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7981
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: Slightly outside of Madison
Contact:

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:19 pm

So how many of these should I order?
http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.js ... age=family


Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest