Now will you Brewer fans come in and start talking?

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
Fat.The.Gangster
Forum Addict

Postby Fat.The.Gangster » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:20 pm

fisticuffs wrote:Well two of those guys ARE Cubs. Post season chokage kind of comes with the uniform.

Unlike the Brewer's uniforms, which are unfamiliar with the post season entirely -- well, at least not in the last twenty-six years.

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:41 am

Loved that AS game! Sheets did great, my Red Sox looked good (I know Papelbon lost the lead--Dioner Navarro's fault), and the AL wins in extra innings with J.D. Drew as MVP. Homefield baby!!!

Bonus: overhyped God-boy Hamilton loses the HR Derby to a Twinkie after blowing his load in the first round.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:07 pm

I don't know if I'd call it a "bonus" that Hamilton lost the derby. Granted, his religiosity makes me a bit queasy, but what he's done in the last couple years and the display of power he put on in the first round was quite amazing.

It would have been pretty damn interesting to see what would have transpired if the game dragged on a few more innings. Every shot of Selig from the seventh inning on looked like he just puked in his mouth.

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:16 pm

I read all those articles about Hamilton in 2006 when he finally made it back to Tampa Bay. Great story. And his first half was awesome. But whenever some athlete starts talking about the Lord and Jeezussss on TV, I tune out. To each their own, but I don't want to hear about that crap, I want to hear about baseball. I just laughed a little when the Lord couldn't help his tired body after round 1.

Granted, 50% of ballplayers are into that shit (J.D. Drew couldn't wait to meet Hamilton because of their shared faith in the Lord), but it doesn't make it any less funny.

Yeah, they need to force ASG managers to drop starting pitchers who went within the last couple days and add replacements or expand the rosters. Selig was not happy. I blame Dioner Navarro for airmailing that ball into CF. Should've been done in nine.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:19 pm

boston_jeff wrote:Granted, 50% of ballplayers are into that shit (J.D. Drew couldn't wait to meet Hamilton because of their shared faith in the Lord), but it doesn't make it any less funny.

How great was it that one of the Brewers who doused Cory Hart and his daughter in beer the other day was wearing some kind of god squad t-shirt?

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:27 pm

boston_jeff wrote: add replacements or expand the rosters. Selig was not happy.

Too bad he has no control over the situation in his capacity as commissioner. :roll:

Completely agree with your distaste of athletes loudly proclaiming their love affair with Jeebus.

Learned
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Learned » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:38 pm

jjoyce wrote:
boston_jeff wrote:Granted, 50% of ballplayers are into that shit (J.D. Drew couldn't wait to meet Hamilton because of their shared faith in the Lord), but it doesn't make it any less funny.

How great was it that one of the Brewers who doused Cory Hart and his daughter in beer the other day was wearing some kind of god squad t-shirt?

Saw that. WWJD? Of course, he would scare the shit out of a little girl and dump shitty beer all over a teammate.

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:08 pm

Learned wrote:WWJD? Of course, he would scare the shit out of a little girl and dump shitty beer all over a teammate.

They call that a "Wisconsin Baptism".

The Brewers trading for Ray Durham seems like a good move. Always liked that guy.

Frank Booth
Forum Addict

Postby Frank Booth » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:07 pm

Enjoyed leaving my liver in San Francisco to the tune of a Brewers sweep this weekend. Miller Park is decent (if they left the roof open more often), but AT&T Park is a great place to take in a game. Felt a little bad for the Giants fans....but not too bad.

Bob Cobb
Forum Addict

Postby Bob Cobb » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:20 pm

boston_jeff wrote:
Bonus: overhyped God-boy Hamilton loses the HR Derby to a Twinkie after blowing his load in the first round.

Overhyped? Hilarious!!

AVG - .308 (9th in AL)
OBP - .365
SLG - .550 (5th)
OPS - .915 (9th)
HITS - 102
RUNS - 61 (13th)
HR - 22 (3rd)
RBI - 98 (1st)
K/BB- 68/38
SB - 7

And he plays an above average centerfield.

Care to qualify your labeling him as overhyped? Let's not forget that all of this is in his 2nd major league season following what, a 3 year ban? Yeah, he doesn't deserve any pub at all.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:41 am

Damn good trade for the Crew so far. Three straight complete games is pretty much unheard of these days.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:45 am

Not to mention 4 straight wins, a shutout, and a home run.

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:15 pm

Bob Cobb wrote:
boston_jeff wrote:

Overhyped? Hilarious!!

AVG - .308 (9th in AL)
OBP - .365
SLG - .550 (5th)
OPS - .915 (9th)
HITS - 102
RUNS - 61 (13th)
HR - 22 (3rd)
RBI - 98 (1st)
K/BB- 68/38
SB - 7

And he plays an above average centerfield.

Care to qualify your labeling him as overhyped? Let's not forget that all of this is in his 2nd major league season following what, a 3 year ban? Yeah, he doesn't deserve any pub at all.

I never said he wasn't worthy of ANY pub. He is overhyped, and the Lord DID NOT save him in the derby. Jesus saves!

Bob Cobb
Forum Addict

Postby Bob Cobb » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:10 pm

Again, look at those numbers and what he went through and tell me he's overhyped. Don't let your weird obsession with the fact that he used religion to help him get his life together get in the way. Douche.

Learned
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Learned » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:47 pm

Bob Cobb wrote:Again, look at those numbers and what he went through and tell me he's overhyped. Don't let your weird obsession with the fact that he used religion to help him get his life together get in the way. Douche.

Can we keep the Brewers thread douche-free, please?

Go douche around on the Hold Steady thread or whatever.

Thanks.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”