FAVRE RETIRES

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Re: FAVRE RETIRES

Postby fisticuffs » Wed May 06, 2009 10:34 am

The Clemens comparisons don't really mean anything in Wisconsin. We couldn't collectively give a shit about Clemens. The guy made a decision. The team moved on. They had to. It takes time to get ready for a season (even if you are Brett Favre). He then proceed to throw a whiny fit IMO. I still like the guy but don't think the Pack was in the wrong for moving on. They even facilitated getting him back into football on another team. Can you blame them for not wanting to send him straight to their biggest rival? He can come back as a Viking. I don't think he will do them much good. Had he not retired he would have been a Packer last year and possibly this one. He's entitled to change his mind. He's not entitled to be a whiny A-hole about it.

mifflander
Forum Addict

Postby mifflander » Wed May 06, 2009 11:05 am

jjoyce wrote:Kirby Puckett. Kent Hrbek. Fran Tarkenton. Alan Page. Frank Viola. Gilles Meloche. Bobby Smith. Kevin Garnett. I mean, I know you people think #4 created sports heroism, but come on!

Apples and oranges. Other than Puckett and maybe Tarkenton did anyone on that list have the same status on their team or with their fans that Favre did in Green Bay? Anymore funny lists like that I might have to accuse you of Packer envy, Gopher boy.

scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby scratch » Wed May 06, 2009 11:39 am

"He's entitled to change his mind. He's not entitled to be a whiny A-hole about it."

Why not? He was a tearful A-hole about all kinds of stuff when he was in Green Bay and you whiny PackerBackers ate it up.

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Wed May 06, 2009 11:55 am

Short memories.

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Wed May 06, 2009 12:45 pm

fisti wrote:He's entitled to change his mind. He's not entitled to be a whiny A-hole about it.

Again, not sure how you can come to the conclusion Favre has been whiny. Emotional at times? No doubt. Whiny? Hmm. Is there some Favre quote or news conference I missed? Cuz it all seems to be perception rather than reality.

scratch wrote:Why not? He was a tearful A-hole about all kinds of stuff when he was in Green Bay and you whiny PackerBackers ate it up.

I likes me some cryin' Favre, but the girlish tears of Cowboys and Vikings fans fuel my ride.

MeLurkyLongTime
Forum Addict

Postby MeLurkyLongTime » Thu May 07, 2009 11:48 am

I can't stand all this Favre bullshit, he has lost all integrity. Doesn't anyone close to him have any sense? I can't believe his agent and family would allow him to totally disregard his legacy in the NFL. People need to remember that we cheer for a team not individual players. The celebrity mindset is out of control, Favre thinks he is Angelia Jolie or something, just go fuck off already.

Makes me glad that the only Packer player paraphernalia I sport is #65

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Thu May 07, 2009 11:55 am

Doi

Stella_Guru
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stella_Guru » Thu May 07, 2009 12:46 pm

Maybe his dead dad Fuzzy is choreographing all this from heaven, just like he did in that Oakland game. All of this excitement up in Minnesota for a slack-jawed hick with one super bowl victory in his long self-centered career is understandable considering their other quarterbacks, but they will not win the big one with their current head coach.
Last edited by Stella_Guru on Thu May 07, 2009 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Thu May 07, 2009 12:52 pm

You have GOT to love the timeline in this thing. Sports radio was reporting, not speculating, this morning that Favre and Childress were eating dinner together last night.

Now, as it turns out, they haven't met. Or something. Chilly may have flown to Mississippi yesterday, but he flew commercial. But he's now back in Minnesota. Or something.

Ed Werder does not approve.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Thu May 07, 2009 1:28 pm

Stella_Guru wrote: All of this excitement for a slack-jawed hick with one super bowl victory in his long self-centered career

I'm the punky QB, known as McMahon.
When I hit the turf, I've got no plan.
I just throw my body all over the field.
I can't dance, but I can throw the pill.
I motivate the cats, I like to please.
I play so cool, I aim to please.

I agree; McMahon and the 1985 Bears were the single most annoying, self-centered, self-promoting bunch of a-holes to ever step on the field.

mifflander
Forum Addict

Postby mifflander » Thu May 07, 2009 3:28 pm

ESPN is now reporting that Favre has apparently told the Vikings that he will stay retired.

Of course there's lots of time until the season starts.

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Thu May 07, 2009 6:13 pm

mifflander wrote:ESPN is now reporting that Favre has apparently told the Vikings that he will stay retired.

What a self-centered ass, God I hate that guy. If he isn't trying to play football, he's staying retired. Gosh.

Stella_Guru
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stella_Guru » Thu May 07, 2009 6:44 pm

mifflander wrote:ESPN is now reporting that Favre has apparently told the Vikings that he will stay retired.

Damn, I was hoping to see 'Lil' Abner add to his "most career playoff interceptions" record, like that pass he threw against Philly, or the one against the Giants. But in the end, it probably was that snot bubbler he suffered at a blustery Soldier Field that made up his mind to stay retired. He hasn't been the same player since.

Logjam
Forum Addict

Postby Logjam » Fri May 08, 2009 8:06 am

boston_jeff wrote:Doi

Dio

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Fri May 08, 2009 9:55 am

Stella_Guru wrote:...snot bubbler...

Which reminds me of someone else who should stay retired. John Madden.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”