FAVRE RETIRES

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

FAVRE RETIRES

Postby O.J. » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:52 am

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:55 am

Meh - it was time.

Uncle Fester
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Uncle Fester » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:39 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:57 am

Gotta say, it's a surprise.

Will GB pick up David Carr and Warrick Dunn now?

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:13 am

Will Aaron Rogers make it through the first quarter of the first pre-season game without getting injured?

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:40 am

TheBookPolice wrote:Will GB pick up David Carr and Warrick Dunn now?

That's not funny.

Sure makes this upcoming draft a whole lot more interesting. The Packers are a darn good team even without *sniffle* number four ... I'm sorry, I need a minute ...

They should be competitive. Hell, I'd say they're probably the early favs to win the division again. Time for Ted Thompson to work his magic.

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:08 pm

supaunknown wrote:

That's not funny.

What? You can't deny that they need to add competition for the starting QB--and more importantly, the backup QB--position, can you? Why not add Carr? He's better than his resume. GB would be a great place for him. Is he that much worse than Rodgers?

Dunn? Well, okay, that was more of a joke. But he'd be a nice backup too.

Paco
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paco » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:12 pm

I have no problem or worries with Rogers. He outplayed Brett in the Dallas game, and looked good every other time this year. They should still get some de, db or guard help in the draft. They can pick up a QB at the end of training camp cheap. No need to get your knickers in a bundle.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:14 pm

Screw that they need to sign Ron Dayne. He's unrestricted right now and would be a great change of pace back with what we have now. Yes we need a back up QB but there will be no competition. Rogers has had 3 years to learn the offense. Its his job.

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:24 pm

Well, allow me to officially register my extreme dubiousness in the long-term ability of Aaron Rodgers. Is there a foronotary public here to record this?

minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:37 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:Well, allow me to officially register my extreme dubiousness in the long-term ability of Aaron Rodgers. Is there a foronotary public here to record this?

Allow me to officially register my extreme dubiousness in your ability to judge quarterbacks due to your call to bring in D. Carr.

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:43 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:
supaunknown wrote:

That's not funny.

What? You can't deny that they need to add competition for the starting QB--and more importantly, the backup QB--position, can you? Why not add Carr? He's better than his resume. GB would be a great place for him. Is he that much worse than Rodgers?

Dunn? Well, okay, that was more of a joke. But he'd be a nice backup too.

No, Carr's consistently proven himself to be a loser in the NFL. Not exactly how I'd like to see the post-Favre era get started in Green Bay. Hell, the Panthers brought ancient Testeverde out of retirement because Carr stunk so bad after Delhomme got hurt last year. Favre's bust is gonna be in the Hall of Fame, Carr is simply a bust.

Strange even talking about another QB starting for Pack. It's been sooo long. I hope they won't have the same types of QB issues the Bears had during the Favre era.

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:49 pm

Okay, so I can't be right about anything ever because I brought up David Carr. Bummer.

I'm not saying Carr is anything close to Favre in overall quality. But take a look at Carr's career numbers vs. the first 6 years Favre spent in GB. They're not that different, and if Carr had had Favre's O-line, I bet they'd have been even closer. If Favre had had Carr's line, on the other hand, he wouldn't have had The Streak. Not even close.

Unless they draft a superstar, the next starting QB for Green Bay will not be a long-term solution.

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:53 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:I'm not saying Carr is anything close to Favre in overall quality. But take a look at Carr's career numbers vs. the first 6 years Favre spent in GB. They're not that different, and if Carr had had Favre's O-line, I bet they'd have been even closer. If Favre had had Carr's line, on the other hand, he wouldn't have had The Streak. Not even close.

And if Favre had had a wooden leg he wouldn't have been so elusive ...

Carr should be the one retiring.

buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby buckyor » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:56 pm

With Favre's retirement, Aaron Rodgers is already the best starting quarterback in the NFC North.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”