Anyone Else Happy for the Giants?

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
Uncle Fester
Forum God/Goddess

Anyone Else Happy for the Giants?

Postby Uncle Fester » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:57 pm

The Giants beat my team and broke my heart a couple of weeks ago in Green Bay, but the more I watched the Super Bowl, the louder I cheered for Eli and company.

Aside from the Pack's three SB wins, it was easily the best Super Bowl I've ever seen! Congrats to the Giants.

depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby depinmad » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:13 pm

fuck yeah. i watched "the play" at least ten times last night.

mifflander
Forum Addict

Postby mifflander » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:38 pm

Sure, I'm happy for them. Something I've never before uttered regarding a NYC team. They deserved to win.

But, I'm even happier that New England and their cheating, bad sport of a coach lost. They also got what they deserved.

Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Michael Patrick » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:39 pm

I'm happy that someone knocked off those cheating bastards, the Patriots...

buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby buckyor » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:53 pm

Yeah, I was happy about it. First, because I'd rather see the team that beat my guys win it all. Hell, at least the Packers took the Gmen into overtime, and put up more than 14 points in very adverse conditions.

But even more importantly, I wanted to shut up all these johhny-come-lately Pats fans with their two-month-old Tedi Bruschi and Randy Moss jerseys who all of a sudden think they invented the fucking game of football. None of these cocky little shitstains said a fucking word yesterday, after being beaten by a better football team. Hell, half of 'em were too embarassed to show up for work. I remember one joker, on the day the Packers beat the Chiefs, telling me how "overrated" the Packers were. Well, I don't know anybody who thought this years' Packers were the greatest team of all time; getting to the NFC championship game was pretty good for a team that nobody expected to even make the playoffs.

The Patriots, on the other hand? It's clear now they were the most overrated team in NFL history.

Hey, I think I just saw a Salvation Army truck loaded with Pats' jerseys getting on the freeway. . . .

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:19 pm

I was quite glad the Giants won. Go NFC. Go Packers.

So sick of Menses Morris and the rest of the overrated '72 Dolphins reminding us of their lucky-ass shorter season undefeatedness. The thought of ANOTHER team going completely undefeated and all the resulting blah blah blah was too much to bear. Thanks Giants for preventing what might've been eternally insufferable chest-thumping by ther Pats (and their fans). Even better knowing that most of the '72 Dolphins will be dead and therefore quiet soon.

"The play" was one the best I've ever seen, especially in a Super Bowl.

I like Strahan. He's a smart dude with some hilarious toofuses. Eli Manning isn't quite as likable - he still comes across as a whiny little kid.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:22 pm

I've always liked Plax since his days at MI State. So glad to see the Pats lose. I watched a lot of their games this year. The one against Baltimore was by far the most heartbreaking. They had that game won 3 times on the last drive. The last thing I want in this world is Randy Moss with a Super Bowl ring.

Paco
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paco » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:43 pm

I don't care one way or the other. If it's not my team, I don't care....as long as it's not Chicago, Minn or Dallas.

The outcome wasn't really surprising when you saw how well NY played the last month, and how NE 'struggled'. Were they still 14 pt underdogs? If I was a betting man, I'd have bet on that.

But now we have to listen to those damn Dolphins again for who knows how many years. hell, they beat all of 3 teams over .500. Impressive.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:40 am

Paco wrote:I don't care one way or the other. If it's not my team, I don't care....as long as it's not Chicago, Minn or Dallas.

The outcome wasn't really surprising when you saw how well NY played the last month, and how NE 'struggled'. Were they still 14 pt underdogs? If I was a betting man, I'd have bet on that.

But now we have to listen to those damn Dolphins again for who knows how many years. hell, they beat all of 3 teams over .500. Impressive.

FYI, they only beat 2 teams with winning records, both 8-6 teams. I believe the cumulative won-loss of their opponents was 43-86-3.

Anyhoo, as much as I hate the Giants, they played a great game and deserved to win. Kudos.

Darthcrank
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Darthcrank » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:27 pm

I expected the Giants to lose every step along the Playoff Way, and they surprised me every time.

I was rooting for the underdog anyway, just because I wanted to see a competitive game, and the Giants just blew me away again.

They totally rock, one of the few times where a team really *was* completely not given a chance of winning by *anyone* in their right mind, and they overcame the odds.

Inspiring playoff season, and one of the best Super Bowls in my memory.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”