The Packers Go Bounty Hunting

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

The Packers Go Bounty Hunting

Postby O.J. » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:33 pm

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/f ... index.html

In back-to-back weeks, the Pack delivered the knock-out punch to Larry Johnson and Adrian Peterson. Bounty or coinicidence?

It's nice to know my Patriots aren't the only team (allegedly) cheating. But, when Belichick cheated, no one was treated. :lol:

buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby buckyor » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:40 pm

NFL officials are investigating whether Green Bay Packers players offered payments to teammates for achieving specific defensive goals.

. . . .

ESPN reported that Packers defensive backs offered to pay the team's defensive linemen $500 each if there were able to hold Minnesota running back Adrian Peterson under 100 yards rushing two weeks ago, and another $500 for holding Carolina to under 60 yards rushing as a team on Sunday.

What, are you taking lessons from Flanders on how to misrepresent a news item? I don't see where this qualifies as a "bounty", but nice try.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:43 pm

Ummm..."bounty" was in the headline of the title. Just trying to have a little fun on a dreary Monday. Lighten up, Francis.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:46 pm

Cheating? Both running backs went out after clean hits.

And as far as the dbacks giving money to the dline after playing a good game, that hardly compares to repeatedly stealing the opposing teams signs.

Does that mean when Favre treated the offensive line to a steak dinner after a good game, he was also cheating?

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:49 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Cheating? Both running backs went out after clean hits.

And as far as the dbacks giving money to the dline after playing a good game, that hardly compares to repeatedly stealing the opposing teams signs.

Does that mean when Favre treated the offensive line to a steak dinner after a good game, he was also cheating?

Only if he took them to Ponderosa.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:15 pm

O.J. wrote:Ummm..."bounty" was in the headline of the title. Just trying to have a little fun on a dreary Monday. Lighten up, Francis.

By creating the impression that there's evidence of Charles Martin-izing going on. That's not really "having fun," that's "being Flanders."

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:42 pm

O.J. wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:Does that mean when Favre treated the offensive line to a steak dinner after a good game, he was also cheating?

Only if he took them to Ponderosa.

Good one.

Both hits - Hawk's wrench on Larry Johnson's cankle and Harris' low shot on Adrian Peterson - were great football plays. Neither seemed outright dirty to me.

Reggie Dunlop: I am personally placing a hundred-dollar bounty on the head of Tim McCracken. He's the head coach and chief punk on that Syracuse team.
Jim Carr: A bounty?
Reggie Dunlop: Yeah, a hundred bucks of my own money for the first of my guys who really nails that creep.

McGrath: Are you crazy? We could all end up in the clinker for this. You can't put a bounty on a man's head.
Reggie Dunlop: I just did.
[Hangs up, Phone rings again]
Dave 'Killer' Carlson: Coach, I want that hundred dollars.
Reggie Dunlop: Ya gotta earn it, Killer.
Dave 'Killer' Carlson: My attitude's right.

Beer Moon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beer Moon » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:36 pm

Clearly the motivation of $500 per game outweighs the motivation of the $25,000 per game these gentlemen are already earning to play.

Next time you order a $10 dinner at a restaurant, slap down a cold hard TWO CENTS on the table and ask them to bring it to you in under 10 minutes. See how far that gets ya.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”