The inevitable Rockies v. Red Sox World Series thread...huh?

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Who will win the 2007 World Series?

Boston Red Sox
46%
Colorado Rockies
23%
Sheppy
31%

Total votes: 13

nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nevermore » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:58 am

The pic of Ashley Papelbon looking like she's viewing a state execution rather than her husband doing his job is slightly unnerving.

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:05 am

She looks worse when he does the riverdance thing...

buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby buckyor » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:33 am

boston_jeff wrote:http://boston.com/

These fans are terrible...

Jesus Christ, are you Ned Fucking Flanders? Feel free to actually criticize what I wrote, not what I didn't write. For your convenience, here it is:

Boston fans are obnoxious too. Incredibly enthusiastic, extremely pessimistic, and yet not nearly as knowledgeable as, say, Cardinals fans.

and this:

Sox fans are baseball's version of Bears fans- enthusiastic, soft-headed, short-tempered, drunk, and incredibly easy to parody.

Please point out to me the part where I said they were terrible fans? I said more than once that they're incredibly enthusiastic. That makes them good fans. The fact that they're also idiots (a point brought into sharp focus by your posts here) doesn't change that.

Here's more of you making stuff up:

Anyone who knows anything about baseball would never use the Dodgers as examples for good fans in baseball

Find for me where I said the Dodger fans were good fans. I think Dodger fans suck; they arrive in the third inning and leave in the seventh.

Tell you what: if you promise to stop inventing claims I haven't made, I promise to stop telling the truth about Red Sox fans. Deal?

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:40 am

Buckyor, you did earlier make the claim that both Cards and Dodger fans have forgotten more about baseball by the time they're 12 than the average Sox fan will learn in their lifetime.

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:13 pm

You started this thing by saying we were "obnoxious, extremely pessimistic, not nearly as knowledgeable, soft-headed, short-tempered, drunk, and incredibly easy to parody." Curious as to how I am supposed to find anything un-terrible in there. Boston fans have always been considered extremely knowledgeable, not just boorish and pessimistic. The chanting alone puts all others to shame. And I know, I didn't just read about it or see it on TV, I live it (I've been to over 2/3 of MLB ballparks so I have a pretty good sample of US baseball fans in most cities).

Dodgers, yes we know they leave in the 7th thats why when you said that they somehow were better/more knowledgeable/whatever than RS nation I laughed. Now you're backtracking. You're obviously a hater, and I'm not going to let you post BS without responding.

Take a look at the pictures, those are the best fans in baseball. Period. St. Louis is great, but no one in St. Louis ever made a dancing Papelbon on a stick (or the equivalent). I hope your neighbors enjoy the rest of the WS, should be a good one.

buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby buckyor » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:15 pm

O.J. wrote:Buckyor, you did earlier make the claim that both Cards and Dodger fans have forgotten more about baseball by the time they're 12 than the average Sox fan will learn in their lifetime.

Which is the same as saying Dodger fans are good fans. . . . how, exactly?

But thanks for reinforcing my earlier point about Red Sox fans.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:23 pm

buckyor wrote:
O.J. wrote:Buckyor, you did earlier make the claim that both Cards and Dodger fans have forgotten more about baseball by the time they're 12 than the average Sox fan will learn in their lifetime.

Which is the same as saying Dodger fans are good fans. . . . how, exactly?

But thanks for reinforcing my earlier point about Red Sox fans.

No problem. I fully understand why, in your case, it might not be a good thing to equate intelligence with fandom.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:24 pm

Is this really a fight about who has the best fans?

Can you really make the claim that no Cardinals fan has ever made a dancing Papelbon effigy? Has any other team in any sport in the world in the history of time ever had a dancing Papelbon?

Pointless. And I've been known to engage in some pointless discussions here.

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:25 pm

The quote clearly states that. Dodger and Cards fans forget more than I will ever learn. Therefore, they are more knowledgeable, and better fans. Good example, nice try to backtrack.

Since you know so much about baseball's best fans, I'm curious as to who you follow?

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:26 pm

Yes Book, its pathetic, but he started it!

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:29 pm

boston_jeff wrote:Yes Book, its pathetic, but he started it!

Touché.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:33 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:Is this really a fight about who has the best fans?

Can you really make the claim that no Cardinals fan has ever made a dancing Papelbon effigy? Has any other team in any sport in the world in the history of time ever had a dancing Papelbon?

Pointless. And I've been known to engage in some pointless discussions here.

You're right and I earlier pointed out the inanity of picking between the two fan bases that are pretty much universally known as having the most knowledgeable, passionate fans. The problem started when Buckyor started questioning intelligence. I know, I know...stick and stones, but sometimes these demand a response.

buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby buckyor » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:10 pm

You know, if jeff and orenthal's mission has been to rebut the assertion that Bosox fans are idiots- well, maybe General Petraeus might say that mission's been a success, but pretty much no one else. Good work boys.

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:53 pm

Go Dodgers! And whatever team buckyor likes!

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:04 pm

boston_jeff wrote:Go Dodgers! And whatever team buckyor likes!

I'm guessing that would be the Diamondbacks. After all, he picked them to win the World Series. That must be a homer call since no baseball expert would actually have given them a chance. Of course, if my assumption is true, then he's admitting we're smarter than he is(since Red Sox fans are the dumbest in the league, save the Rockies and DBacks).

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”