Larry Johnson and Randy Moss in green and gold?

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
tibor
Forum God/Goddess

Larry Johnson and Randy Moss in green and gold?

Postby tibor » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:04 am

The latest rumors suggest it's possible:

http://www.fannation.com/?sport_id=1

The Packers would be serious contenders next year with that kind of firepower IF Moss decides to play.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:38 am

I still don't see the Moss thing happening. But LJ...wow. That's fascinating if it's even remotely true.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:53 pm

Dammit, I don't want to let myself get excited about this, but shit! This might actually happen!

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:48 pm

According to ESPN, the Chiefs are denying rumors that they might trade Johnson.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:56 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:According to ESPN, the Chiefs are denying rumors that they might trade Johnson.

And they might be telling the truth. But would you want to acknowledge it if it were true, and risk fucking up the draft order ahead of you as it would have been had you not said anything?

Paco
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paco » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:40 pm

They better decide before the draft. Is that this weekend? Can't wait for THAT to be over.

That's not much to give up, but a lot to pay him, and a lot to lose if he doesn't want to play more than one year. Skip him, and get someone in rd 1 or 2.

But Id' rather have him than Moss. The first game he doesn't catch a pass he's going to run and pout and disappear.

tibor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby tibor » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:43 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:According to ESPN, the Chiefs are denying rumors that they might trade Johnson.

"Team spokesman Bob Moore said Thursday the Chiefs have not offered Johnson to anybody and that no team has been given permission to speak with him."

They're not saying they wouldn't trade him. They're saying they're not shopping him and they haven't given anyone permission to speak with him.

I think there's only a 20% chance or so this might happen, but no one is saying it can't happen. LJ hasn't seemed particularly happy in KC, with one year left on his contract it wouldn't make sense for the Chiefs to antagonize him by saying they're shopping him. They'll trade him if someone offers the right price.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:41 pm

Paco wrote:But Id' rather have him than Moss. The first game he doesn't catch a pass he's going to run and pout and disappear.

And what do you think the chances of that happening are, if Brett Favre is still in the game?

I really couldn't disagree more. No disrespect to Larry Johnson who is a great player, but I simply think Moss would do more for this team. Can you imagine what it would be like for Driver to line up across the field from Randy Fucking Moss, and Brett Fucking Favre at quarterback? They'd need to hang a bucket from his neck to catch all the drool, looking at the poor sap corner stuck in man to man.

Everyone involved would go to the Pro Bowl.

Darthcrank
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Darthcrank » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:57 pm

gotta admit up front that I'm a die-hard bears fan, so bringing Moss to GB would be nothing but a field day for me watching fans who hate Moss for wiping his ass on the ball suddenly turn into devotees, but....

Farve seems to have an affinity for just throwing the ball up when he senses the game is in jeopardy, and Moss is the kind of guy who might just come down with Farve's bad-decision ball handling skills (making him look like a genius at the same time).

Moss would be a good match for Farve.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:55 am

Darthcrank wrote:gotta admit up front that I'm a die-hard bears fan, so bringing Moss to GB would be nothing but a field day for me watching fans who hate Moss for wiping his ass on the ball suddenly turn into devotees, but....

I don't think that's gonna be the case. If Moss had gone anywhere other than the Raiders after leaving Minnesota, then maybe--maybe--GB fans could forgive him for the sake of the team.

But going to the Raiders, where Sapp went, where every other underperforming jerk goes, where every rampaging ego goes (Rice, Romanowski), only reaffirmed every Moss hater in GB. He's been confirmed as a soulless turd in Packer fans' eyes. If he comes to GB, I feel that the majority of fans there will view it as "I needed to go somewhere to play, and y'all were the only ones calling."

Jim McMahon came here and people liked him. Randy Moss....not so much.

aaronetc
Forum Addict

Postby aaronetc » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:04 pm

Ted Ginn just got taken by the Dolphins and the rest of the WR board doesn't look too hot; I'd say the odds of the Moss deal happening went up a bit.

jimoo
Forum Addict

Postby jimoo » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:09 pm

Guess not, he's coming to New England.

Fans here aren't exactly happy about it.

buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby buckyor » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:26 pm

aaronetc wrote:Ted Ginn just got taken by the Dolphins and the rest of the WR board doesn't look too hot; I'd say the odds of the Moss deal happening went up a bit.

Bumped, for amusement purposes.

If it's any consolation, the Pats' fans here seem more disappointed that they now have Moss to deal with than I imagine most Packer fans are that they did not get him. I wanted Jarrett myself, but not with the 16th pick.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:28 pm

buckyor, I think jimoo beat you to it.

Stomach
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stomach » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:48 pm

I was just reading the sports forum at madison.com to see what folks thought about the draft. Man, there are a bunch of clueless twits over there. I guess it's real easy to be a Monday morning GM.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”