Dumb-ass Favre

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
Chief Mongo

Postby Chief Mongo » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:35 am

Thanks AJ for bringing a touch of sanity to an otherwise crazy thread. I tend to disregard anyone's opinion when it starts out "Okay, I've supported the guy as much as anyone..."

Favre IS STILL a great QB on a not-so-great team. Of course his legend is a little over-hyped, but it's understandable seeing as he was the QB when the planets aligned and the Pack made it to two Superbowls again after a dismal couple of decades.

It pisses me off that people are so down on one of the best (still) QB's in football (notice I didn't say "the best").

Imagine Favre plugged in at Indianapolis - I doubt many would be calling for his retirement. He's on a young team with no running game (it seems) and few people to throw to (Driver seems to be the only one that can actually catch a pass with any consistency).

Don't even get me started on the defense - especially the secondary... And I used to think KGB would do more if he had some help at the other end, now I think that about Kampman...

But let the morons/forons blast the QB that led them to so many good years and 2 superbowls. I'm sure Favre knows it comes with the job (even if 90% isn't his fault), but it's still not pleasant - and it shows a distinct lack of class from those who should be kissing his hairy bean-bag for staying in what is essentially a small market team for all those years.

\soapbox

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:05 am

Chief Mongo wrote:Imagine Favre plugged in at Indianapolis

He doesn't have the discipline for that offense. Plus, in my opinion, he doesn't have the discipline to alter his approach depending on the defense. His game is to force the ball into coverage and heave bombs off his back foot. With the way defense is played today, and the way his athleticism has decayed, you can't do that anymore.

Plus, Favre has never played well indoors.

Indy is a bad example. He might do pretty well in Miami, where Culpepper has struggled with the mid-range pass. Favre has that play.

AJ Love
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AJ Love » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:02 am

jjoyce wrote:He doesn't have the discipline for that offense. Plus, in my opinion, he doesn't have the discipline to alter his approach depending on the defense. His game is to force the ball into coverage and heave bombs off his back foot. With the way defense is played today, and the way his athleticism has decayed, you can't do that anymore..

Harrison and Wayne can make any QB look pretty damn good but generally speaking I agree. McCarthy is "reigning in" Favre with his play-calling to a degree because Favre's game is not the vertical stretch the defense downfield game and at Indy he would suffer a bit, but with all that talent around him his numbers would be better than in Green Bay but not as good as Manning's...

This Packers season will be interesting to watch. I still think 7-9 is about where they are at but 3-13 wouldn't be a shock to me either. This Sunday will be intriguing. Detroit got stomped on by Chicago but I'm starting to see the Bears as the Super Bowl favorite. Detroit's defense played one helluva game vs Seattle in week one and the Packers will be in a dogfight to get their first win...

jjoyce wrote:Plus, Favre has never played well indoors.

Except when it counted most, in Super Bowl 31 (and once or twice in Minnesota)

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:07 pm

Chief Mongo wrote: I tend to disregard anyone's opinion when it starts out "Okay, I've supported the guy as much as anyone..."

And I tend to disregard your opinion when it starts out with some idiotic and impenetrable calculus intended to establish your qualifications to evaluate another poster's rationality. What - did you study epistemology under Bill Frist or something?

Unless your name is Mongo Ratzburger you're not some infallible delphic oracle of pigskin wisdom, but rather only a pawn in the game of life. So how's about getting over yourself already?

Damn.

Chief Mongo

Postby Chief Mongo » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:47 pm

AJ Love wrote:

Well put. Plus you might factor in that his team plays - outdoors most of their games. I'm sure he'd do well (a lot better) indoors the Pack played in a dome.

As far as Favre not being able to adapt to a different offense, I personally think thats BS. Would Favre (of right now) put up Manning (of right now) type stats at Indy - No. Favre 5 years ago would certainly do as well IMO.

Marvell wrote:So how's about getting over yourself already?

Damn.

Yeah Marvell, out of the two of us - it's I that needs to get over myself. Please reach down, grab your neck, and pull real hard. That popping sound will be your anus evacuating that wad of fat you might call a head.

You blaming Favre for the Packers fall from grace is about as stupid as you expecting others are watching out for you, or somehow need to kowtow to your self-conceived sense of privilege (please see "Wright Century" thread).

At this point I'm convinced you're too stupid to realize how stupid you sound. I only pray your love of solitude keeps you from mating with anything other than your right hand (left on Fridays).

Have a nice day.

Oprah
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Oprah » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:04 pm

GO BEARS!!!!!!

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:20 pm

Chief Mongo wrote:

Marvell wrote:So how's about getting over yourself already?

Damn.

Yeah Marvell, out of the two of us - it's I that needs to get over myself. Please reach down, grab your neck, and pull real hard. That popping sound will be your anus evacuating that wad of fat you might call a head.

You blaming Favre for the Packers fall from grace is about as stupid as you expecting others are watching out for you, or somehow need to kowtow to your self-conceived sense of privilege (please see "Wright Century" thread).

Says the guy who didn't apparently bother to actually read the post that sent him into paroxysms of snark. I never 'blamed Favre for the Packers fall from grace,' and challenge you to point out where I did.

Whatever I evacuate from my anus will assuredly have the intellectual upper-hand on this steaming pile of shit that you call your self, Mongo Man.

So, yes - of the two of us it's you that needs to get over yourself. I'm glad we can agree on something.

Chief Mongo

Postby Chief Mongo » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:31 pm

Marvell wrote:Says the guy who didn't apparently bother to actually read the post that sent him into paroxysms of snark. I never 'blamed Favre for the Packers fall from grace,' and challenge you to point out where I did.

Yes, Marvell - you're correct in that you didn't use the same words I did, as it seems you're only somewhat articulate when quoting your namesake. It's called "paraphrasing" - look it up.

The title of the thread + calling for the coach to bench him leads one (not just me mind you - take your advice and read some of the other posts) that you blame Favre for the loss.

If you're stupid enough to think that people wouldn't draw that conclusion - someone needs to slap you upside your gumbo eatin' head. Please pull it out of your ass so we can get at it. Better yet - leave it there, speaking for myself, I grow tired of your buffoonery.

AJ Love
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AJ Love » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:46 pm

Chief Mongo wrote:
As far as Favre not being able to adapt to a different offense, I personally think thats BS. Would Favre (of right now) put up Manning (of right now) type stats at Indy - No. Favre 5 years ago would certainly do as well IMO.

You are probably right. Even moreso, Indy would adapt their scheme to fit Favre to a degree. One thing we know for sure, Favre has never has a WR tandem like Harrison and Wayne, and hasn't had a WR on the level of Marvin Harrison since Sterling Sharpe. Driver is very good and a gamer but he'd be a #3 WR in Indy. Robert Brooks was damn good but still not as good as Harrison.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:56 pm

Chief Mongo wrote:A bunch of stupid shit

Whatfucking ever, Mongo-loid. If I had the powers of God almighty you can be assured that I would do whatever re-wiring of your cognitive circuitry would be required to enable you to have a fucking clue. Since I'm not God, I guess your shortcomings of logic and sense will have to remain your responsibility alone.

The Packers were going to lose anyway. What I excoriated Favre for is that, rather than play within himself in order to give the younger Packers something to build on and to show by example how a veteran player subsumes his ego for the greater good, he decided to go all batshit and throw a bunch of interceptions. Which he didn't do the subsequent week, and thus kept the Packers in the game.

All of which is right there in my initial post; which if you had fucking read it, rather than immediately beginning the careful construction of your 'Fuck You Dumb-ass Marvell' jeremiad, you might have ascertained.

So - congratulations on being a world-class dipshit. Who's the buffoon now, you condescending punk?

massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby massimo » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:33 pm

Oprah wrote:GO BEARS!!!!!!

Now THIS is where Brett Favre should become QB. Sure, Grossman had a game last Sunday, but can you imagine the Bears' D coupled with a Favre-led offense? How would that be for a career-ender?

Of course, the death toll would be millions-- can you imagine all the heads exploding with the announcement of that trade?

Learned
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Learned » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:57 pm

massimo wrote:
Oprah wrote:GO BEARS!!!!!!

Now THIS is where Brett Favre should become QB. Sure, Grossman had a game last Sunday, but can you imagine the Bears' D coupled with a Favre-led offense? How would that be for a career-ender?

Of course, the death toll would be millions-- can you imagine all the heads exploding with the announcement of that trade?

The silver lining would be that Favre could pull a Jim McMahon and wear a Packers jersey to the White House when the Bears meet Bush after they win the Super Bowl.

That's a pretty thin lining, though.

Chief Mongo

Postby Chief Mongo » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:21 pm

AJ Love wrote:You are probably right. Even moreso, Indy would adapt their scheme to fit Favre to a degree. One thing we know for sure, Favre has never has a WR tandem like Harrison and Wayne, and hasn't had a WR on the level of Marvin Harrison since Sterling Sharpe. Driver is very good and a gamer but he'd be a #3 WR in Indy. Robert Brooks was damn good but still not as good as Harrison.

Don't forget Stokley - that guy can play as well. When all three were healthy, along with Clark at TE, and of course the Edge (too bad we didn't have more cap)...

Not bad at all.

massimo wrote:Now THIS is where Brett Favre should become QB. Sure, Grossman had a game last Sunday, but can you imagine the Bears' D coupled with a Favre-led offense? How would that be for a career-ender?

A pox on you sir. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your crotch hair for such blasphemy.

Please join the rest of those idiotic enough to say such treachery aloud - they are gathered in Marvell's anus (tell him "hi" for me).

:D

Paco
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paco » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:49 am

Trade him to Big D or Tampa for a 2nd rd choice. Go with Rodgers, this season sounds like it's shot anyway. Trade Brady Quinn rights away for a buttload of picks. Be bold.

tibor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby tibor » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:22 am

AJ Love wrote:

In SB XXXI Favre was 14 of 27 for 246 yards. Not a horrible day, but certainly not a great day. Yes, he threw for 2 TDs, but did they win the game because of that, or because the defense forced 5 turnovers and Desmond Howard racked up 244 return yards, including a 99-yd TD?

JJ is right - Favre sucks indoors.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”