Wrestling Talk

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DrAwkward » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:59 pm

Kyle Motor wrote:
DrAwkward wrote:Any of you AWA fans remember Jake "The Milkman" Milliman? One of their long-term jobber guys who always got a beat-down from the name wrestlers?

Was he ever in some sort of turkey match in AWA? (I'm not kidding)

I think he was, but my memory's WAY too fuzzy to recall the specifics. He *did* almost single-handidly win the Team Challenge Series for Larry Zbyszko's team, if i recall correctly.

By the way, to get back to the original post that started this thread, i really don't think wrestling will enjoy the resurgence that it enjoyed in 1998/1999 until TNA is established as an even player with WWE. The competition between WWE and WCW in the 1990s is what made the storylines so compelling. Without another promotion breathing down his neck Vince doesn't need to take many chances, and the lack of compelling storylines lately has really shown that he's not.

Ed Breakfast
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ed Breakfast » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:56 pm

I saw The Baron last Saturday in St. Paul. I sat behind Kenny "sodbuster" Jay at the Q&A session before the show. It's a good show and I'd recommend it to any AWA fans.

Forum God/Goddess

Postby Learned » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:31 am

The Onion interviews the Baron.

AVC: Why is The Claw so agonizing?

BVR: Heh. Well, itâ??s a nerve hold. It causes pain to run up your medulla oblongata. Itâ??s a very painful hold when done properly, and you have to be really careful with this one. Itâ??s a nerve hold, thatâ??s all I can say. I quit! You want to know everything! All my secrets!

Beer Moon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beer Moon » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:46 pm

While I have never seriously considered jacking up on steroids and shaving my back as a potential career move, it's nice to know it's always out there as an option.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”