No complaints here!

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Are boobies the worst things you've seen in Iraq?

Lord yes! I'd favor civilian-casualties pictures any day!
17%
Lord yes! But I'll need better photos for careful study before I can come back with my recommendations.
83%

Total votes: 6

Mike S.
Forum God/Goddess

No complaints here!

Postby Mike S. » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:38 pm

Tsk, tsk... the things silly people find to complain about.

I read one woman actually got demoted over "indecent" exposure. Talk about unfair! She did more to attract recruits than Rumsfeld ever did. Besides, her mission was to defend freedom... and this looks like a little dose of freedom to me!

Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:15 am

C'mon, Mike. If these soldiers needed to blow off steam they should have hooked some poor Iraqi sap's scrotum to a light socket or something. But baring one's breasts? That's just fuckin' sick ...

naked pagan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby naked pagan » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:33 am

Im sure there is video out there some where....

Im sure they're making an issue out of this cause pictures got back to the states. The wives in the family support group back home went ape shit and wrote their congress person and the Generals complaining about the origes going on there....Im sure thats what is really going on.

Of course, the Commanders have to respond somehow. With all the attention given to sexual harassment theses days, they cannot give the preceptions of being 'premissive'. Honestly, begin busted down from E-4 is nothing, and if thats the worst that happened, I woudl say they got away with it.

Twinner
Forum Addict

Postby Twinner » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:46 pm

Every commander has a different level of tolerance. One unit we had a beer trailer camo painted and towed it behind a 113 all summer. My last reserve unit's commander took away my bottle of pinot halfway through a dinner. Colonels don't like to be called douche bags even if they are...

Looks like good clean fun to me, but then what do I know. They didn't let females in line units when I was active...

"It let people blow off steam before coming home after a year in a combat zone," the report quoted sergeant Amil Ganim, who is seen in some pictures refereeing the mud-wrestling soldiers, as saying.

Another participant told investigators that two sergeants had let Army friends use their rooms for sex, which is a serious breach of military rules.

A female witness revealed that the two sergeants had been drinking and were noticeably drunk.

US Army spokesman Lt Col Barry Johnson said he was not sure if excessive alcohol consumption had led to the mud-wrestling party, but added, "Alcohol is banned."

Return to “Headlines”