Fred Phelps: dead, Dead, DEAD

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Fred Phelps: dead, Dead, DEAD

Postby kurt_w » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:55 am

Bludgeon wrote:I think people are stupid if they hate Fred Phelps [...]

Stop using the fringe to make your hate mainstream.

A fine sentiment. Of course, you posted that mere hours after another comment in which you called Eric Holder "a real piece of human garbage".

Maybe worry less about the motes in others' eyes, and do something about the beam in your own.

nutria
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nutria » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:24 am

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:36 am

Bludgeon wrote:All these acid-heart progressives keep putting up these celebration of death screeds about Fred Phelps.

It's a goddamn joke. Jeebus Christ you need to get a sense of humor and get off your smug high horse. I could give a shit if the guy is dead or alive.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:41 am

Dangerousman wrote:
If by some weird metaphysical fluke there was was an all-powerful and all-loving being, then all of its sentient creations would be rewarded with a heaven of some sort and the concept "hell" wouldn't even be given the slightest thought. A being that actually condemned less powerful beings to an eternity of suffering would not be an all-loving being, nor would it be worthy of worship. It would be the biggest and most cruel fucking bully imaginable, and nothing more.

At least the first part of this view corresponds with what the Sikhs believe, if I understand properly. They say that after we die god, as understood by their faith, forgives all sins because that god is all wise and merciful. Speculation about deities is not my specialty, but if I was asked to draw up a god, I'd go that way.

I've always been baffled by versions of god who can be swayed by nagging and theatrics, play favorites, and need to have various grievances repeatedly called to their attention.

Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bludgeon » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:51 am

kurt_w wrote:A fine sentiment. Of course, you posted that mere hours after another comment in which you called Eric Holder "a real piece of human garbage".

When his justice department institutes a policy that it's only going to prosecute white people for any sort of race crime whatsoever, throws out sure convictions against black-on-white crimes, and goes out of his way to find white people to convict instead, what else is he? There are a lot of people on the left who are not going to be happy without a twisted race hustler like Holder as their candidate. Thanks for thread hopping, idiot.

Well TDPF was entertaining for a whole 45 seconds today, glad I don't have to worry about interesting political conversation getting in the way of a productive morning.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:26 am

I see to want to change this discussion from the death of crazy Fred to the crazy idea that white people are the oppressed majority.

kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:56 am

Bludgeon wrote:When his justice department institutes a policy that it's only going to prosecute white people for any sort of race crime whatsoever, throws out sure convictions against black-on-white crimes, and goes out of his way to find white people to convict instead, what else is he?

The actual Eric Holder is attorney general of the United States. The imaginary Eric Holder in your paranoid right-wing fantasies, I have no comment on him.

You might want to take a break from marinating your brain in that toxic soup of right-wing blogs. It's not healthy.

Remember the whole "unskewed polls" thing?

Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bludgeon » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:03 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:I see to want to change this discussion from the death of crazy Fred to the crazy idea that white people are the oppressed majority.

Don't blame me I basically never thread hop. Kurt's the stalker.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:12 pm

Kurt just pointed out your hypocrisy. That is hardly stalking. You are now sounding like poor, oppressed Sandi.

Back to Fred. Their are reports that his former church might disband. But I'm sure their are other haters out there to carry on his work.

Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bludgeon » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:19 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Kurt just pointed out your hypocrisy. That is hardly stalking. You are now sounding like poor, oppressed Sandi.

Back to Fred. Their are reports that his former church might disband. But I'm sure their are other haters out there to carry on his work.

Try to be polite and not point out your dense, nearsighted, hypocritical stupidity, you make it difficult, as does he.

You don't get to pick and choose who it's okay to thread hop for.

I could give a shit less about your "ding dong the witch is dead" thread. See my previous comments progressive Fred Phelps death celebrations:

Disambiguation: "Bad Man Is Gone - Horay."

The Fred Phelps's of the world are nothing more than crazies looking for an audience in lunatics like yourselves, who give him one.

Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:31 pm

Bludgeon wrote:I could give a shit less about your "ding dong the witch is dead" thread.

has the most posts in this thread

Madsci
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Madsci » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:42 pm

Is he really dead or will he be resurrected?
If heaven won't let him in, maybe hell won't either.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:45 pm

Francis Di Domizio wrote:
Bludgeon wrote:I could give a shit less about your "ding dong the witch is dead" thread.

has the most posts in this thread

But they're all about how he doesn't give a shit, proving that he really really doesn't give a shit. If you don't post about not giving a shit, people would think you do give one. Maybe even more than one.

So it's necessary. Consider myself. I give a shit and you can tell because I haven't posted that I don't.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:00 pm

rabble wrote:But they're all about how he doesn't give a shit, proving that he really really doesn't give a shit.

He doesn't give a shit, but he has to let everyone else know how progressives are stupid for making a joke thereby giving a shit. Bludge doesn't "thread hop" but the theme is verbatim in every thread so it amounts to the same.

Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:14 pm

snoqueen wrote:
Dangerousman wrote:
If by some weird metaphysical fluke there was was an all-powerful and all-loving being, then all of its sentient creations would be rewarded with a heaven of some sort and the concept "hell" wouldn't even be given the slightest thought. A being that actually condemned less powerful beings to an eternity of suffering would not be an all-loving being, nor would it be worthy of worship. It would be the biggest and most cruel fucking bully imaginable, and nothing more.

At least the first part of this view corresponds with what the Sikhs believe, if I understand properly. They say that after we die god, as understood by their faith, forgives all sins because that god is all wise and merciful. Speculation about deities is not my specialty, but if I was asked to draw up a god, I'd go that way.

I've always been baffled by versions of god who can be swayed by nagging and theatrics, play favorites, and need to have various grievances repeatedly called to their attention.

In the words of Amy Farrah Fowler: "I'm baffled by one [a diety] that takes attendance" [in church.]

Personally I find the notion of any sort of diety to be balderdash. But I think the existence of the ancient Greek or a similar style of god to be the one that would be most consistent and compatible with reality: They had power, but it had limitations. They felt the range of human emotions. They were competitive and didn't always share the same goals. (Thus explaining why the universe seems to more like having been designed by a committe than by an omniscient being.)

I believe there are literally no gods, but I don't object to speaking of them if it is understood to be in a poetic sense. I do admire some-- a small number-- of the traits of some religions. For example, I admire the simple life and thrift of the Amish. I admire the reverence for the Earth that runs through Native American beliefs. I admire some of the music of Christian religions. My favorite Christmas song is "Oh Holy Night" which, when done well, never fails to put a lump in my throat.

I believe they're all based on faulty metaphysics, but still have produced some aesthetically-pleasing results at times.

It's interesting how Fred Phelps' death and speculation about his whereabouts or fate makes us ponder and share our beliefs. If you believe God disliked Fred Phelp's enough to condemn him to an eternity of Hell, then you may want to ask if your god is looking a lot like the fag-hating Fred Phelps himself.

Return to “Headlines”