This missing plane

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 12979
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:42 pm

Re: This missing plane

Postby snoqueen » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:37 am

Returning to reality here, analysis of satellite data shows the plane ended up in the remote Indian Ocean west of Perth.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/missin ... ays-n60221

Hope this is definitive.

kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 6095
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:11 pm
Contact:

Re: This missing plane

Postby kurt_w » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:39 am

snoqueen wrote:Returning to reality here, analysis of satellite data shows the plane ended up in the remote Indian Ocean west of Perth.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/missin ... ays-n60221

Hope this is definitive.

Sounds like it.

Basically, they managed to pin down the location of the last hourly "ping" from the plane (8:11am, I think) to an area that is remote enough from land such that it couldn't have made it anywhere to land on the remaining fuel.

Bad news for the families, but it has been pretty clear for some time that nobody was going to be coming back.

That's got to be a difficult area to go hunting for the plane's black box.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1946
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:53 pm

Re: This missing plane

Postby Shorty » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:19 pm

Air Force General on Hannity thinks the plane was taken to Pakistan.

Steve Miller- Jet Airliner with lyrics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PljkJTYt7M

Steve Miller Band Live From Chicago Jet Airliner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0mQ1ojc9PQ

Stella_Guru
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: This missing plane

Postby Stella_Guru » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:17 pm

kurt_w wrote:That's got to be a difficult area to go hunting for the plane's black box.

What is it with all that junk floating around out there? Reminds me of some of the "difficult areas" out here in rural Wisconsin.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7904
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: This missing plane

Postby rabble » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:52 pm

Stella_Guru wrote:
kurt_w wrote:That's got to be a difficult area to go hunting for the plane's black box.

What is it with all that junk floating around out there? Reminds me of some of the "difficult areas" out here in rural Wisconsin.

Major Flight 370 Discovery: Our Oceans are Filled With Trash!
If the missing plane is in the ocean, it will be one piece of debris out of millions. “It isn't like looking for a needle in a haystack," scientist M. Sanjayan told CNN. "It's like looking for a needle in a needle factory.”

Detritus
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2664
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: This missing plane

Postby Detritus » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:07 pm

Stella_Guru wrote:
kurt_w wrote:That's got to be a difficult area to go hunting for the plane's black box.

What is it with all that junk floating around out there? Reminds me of some of the "difficult areas" out here in rural Wisconsin.

Avast ye landlubbers! It be the Indian Ocean Gyre, where all yer water bottles go t' die!

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1946
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:53 pm

Re: This missing plane

Postby Shorty » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:26 pm

BREAKING NEWS...BREAKING NEWS...BREAKING NEWS...!!!

...they still have no idea what happened. Maybe Snoop Dogg was flying it?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR0evTnI4p8

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8735
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:12 pm
Location: parents' basement

Re: This missing plane

Postby Huckleby » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:02 pm

All-time most pointless news story:
1 The Missing Plane 2014
2 Geraldo opens tomb of Al Capone
3 Tawana Brawley kidnapping
4 Obama birth certificate

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1946
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:53 pm

Re: This missing plane

Postby Shorty » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:09 pm

I'm actually enjoying the plane news coverage. It's sad for the victims and families so I don't enjoy that part. But the pilots, crime experts, and talking heads are interesting. My favorite may be Richard Quest, or as I call him, Dick Quest. He is a character. This is from 2008:

Richard Quest, CNN Reporter, Arrested On Drug Charges
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/04/1 ... 97466.html
"CNN personality Richard Quest was busted in Central Park early yesterday with some drugs in his pocket, a rope around his neck that was tied to his genitals, and a sex toy in his boot, law-enforcement sources said."

gozer
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2400
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2002 1:35 pm
Location: everywhere
Contact:

Re: This missing plane

Postby gozer » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:50 am

every time i hear the word "hydrophone" i start thinking about hydromorphone and soon i've got out the dilaudid hp and some spikes and alcohol swabs with my necktie around my bicep --
Last edited by gozer on Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2400
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2002 1:35 pm
Location: everywhere
Contact:

Re: This missing plane

Postby gozer » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:51 am

Shorty wrote:I'm actually enjoying the plane news coverage. It's sad for the victims and families so I don't enjoy that part. But the pilots, crime experts, and talking heads are interesting. My favorite may be Richard Quest, or as I call him, Dick Quest. He is a character. This is from 2008:

Richard Quest, CNN Reporter, Arrested On Drug Charges
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/04/1 ... 97466.html
"CNN personality Richard Quest was busted in Central Park early yesterday with some drugs in his pocket, a rope around his neck that was tied to his genitals, and a sex toy in his boot, law-enforcement sources said."


so he's not just their aviation expert -- he is their meth expert too.

"dick quest" is an app and web site that he may or may not use

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8735
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:12 pm
Location: parents' basement

Re: This missing plane

Postby Huckleby » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:13 am

Well, the beeps from the blackbox have died out. The last resort seems to be sending out submarines.

Can you imagine the cumulative costs of this scavenger hunt, all those ships and planes? For what good? It is a long shot that any info in that flight recorder will benefit mankind.

Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1791
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:36 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: This missing plane

Postby Mad Howler » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:24 am

With all due respect to those that are missing,
I find this piece fascinating - as this event seems to have passed beyond our collective radar/memory:
http://jeffwise.net/2014/11/07/mh370-ev ... hijackers/

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1946
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:53 pm

Re: This missing plane

Postby Shorty » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:12 pm

If it was hijacked, why? Just to kill them in the ocean? With no political statement made? Just to scare others from flying?

Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1791
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:36 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: This missing plane

Postby Mad Howler » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:23 pm

Shorty wrote:If it was hijacked, why? Just to kill them in the ocean? With no political statement made? Just to scare others from flying?

I can't answer that.
I can say that the course of this event has not been resolved,
& much remains odd. But I probably shouldn't bring it up - as no one of 'importance' seems to want to talk about it. Just let it go.
Everything is awesome.


Return to “Headlines”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 2 guests