Shots Fired in D.C.!

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Shots Fired in D.C.!

Postby wack wack » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:50 pm

bcs89 wrote:Well, there you go, all of the cowboy shooters I've met have been arrogant ass wipes with very biased/close minded world views - not to mention incredibly overinflated senses of self importance, as well as a general aura of dickishness about them.

Exactly why I am a former cowboy shooter.

bcs89 wrote:So anyway, through out your multiple post reply, you've deftly avoided giving any of the proof asked for regarding this epidemic of four year old gunslingers – nor have you explained what appears to be your lack of action regarding child endangerment happening within your circle of friends.

Fair enough, there is no army of four year olds. You win. At no point did I suggest that the bad parents who owned guns in my life were bad parents because of situations involving guns.

bcs89 wrote:Maybe, if you put just a bit of the energy your using to deride and demonize the other side, into trying to find a way to have a reasonable conversation about gun control, you might actually make progress in that direction. Or you could just continue to sit on the sidelines and throw insults, sweeping generalizations, and stupid accusations instead. I’m sure that will help to get some of the needed change in the gun control laws - sure it will.

I guess you missed the first mega-thread on gun control here. Go read that, then come back and tell me if you still believe I've contributed nothing of value.

Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:13 pm

Story about a mentally ill woman who drove into some officers and barricades with a car.

So of course we are arguing about guns :roll:

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:22 pm

Francis Di Domizio wrote:Story about a mentally ill woman who drove into some officers and barricades with a car.

So of course we are arguing about guns :roll:

We're also arguing about just who she thought was stalking here, did you miss that?

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:27 pm

Francis Di Domizio wrote:Story about a mentally ill woman who drove into some officers and barricades with a car.

...in a thread titled Shots Fired in D.C.!

Never saw it coming.

Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:58 pm

wack wack wrote:We're also arguing about just who she thought was stalking here, did you miss that?

Not at all, and I think you laid out a very sound argument.

jman111 wrote:...in a thread titled Shots Fired in D.C.!

Never saw it coming.

Yeah, on second thought, I find it more amusing that the media immediately started acting like it was another mass shooting until reality started to wander into the discussion.

SlayerDave
Forum Addict

Postby SlayerDave » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:58 am

Anyone else perturbed by the rush of people falling over themselves to praise the police here? Absolutely, they have a very difficult, stressful job, but my goodness, they shot an unarmed woman to death after she had gotten out of her vehicle, and very few are even questioning it?

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:35 am

SlayerDave wrote:they shot an unarmed woman to death after she had gotten out of her vehicle, and very few are even questioning it?

Is this true? I don't doubt it, but all the reports I've seen have been very careful to avoid explaining my details.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:41 am

wack wack wrote:Is this true?

Reports I heard says she was shot by dozens and dozens of 4-year olds, 'cause their parents let 'em play with fully automatic assault machine guns, with 42-round clips loaded with exploding self-aiming armor-piercing hollowpoint titanium bullets.

SlayerDave
Forum Addict

Postby SlayerDave » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:16 pm

:|
wack wack wrote:
SlayerDave wrote:they shot an unarmed woman to death after she had gotten out of her vehicle, and very few are even questioning it?

Is this true? I don't doubt it, but all the reports I've seen have been very careful to avoid explaining my details.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/05/nyreg ... chase.html

It appears they are now saying she was shot while in the car. My apologies.

Still don't feel great about it though.

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:29 pm

penquin wrote:
wack wack wrote:Is this true?

Reports I heard says she was shot by dozens and dozens of 4-year olds, 'cause their parents let 'em play with fully automatic assault machine guns, with 42-round clips loaded with exploding self-aiming armor-piercing hollowpoint titanium bullets.

I think you're confusing reports of the childish behavior happening in the House with the ruckus outside.

Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:22 pm

SlayerDave wrote:6http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/05/nyregion/investigators-search-for-causes-behind-washington-car-chase.html

It appears they are now saying she was shot while in the car. My apologies.

Still don't feel great about it though.

She had already used the car as a weapon, so that might explain it. Still violates the standard rule against shooting at a moving car though. I'm not sure that thinking there might be a bomb on board is a good rationale for opening fire either.

Just a guess but I suspect none of the officers who shot will be reprimanded, nor will we get a reasonable explanation why it was OK that they shot. I'm sure security rules around the White House and Capitol are deeply classified.

Return to “Headlines”