Wouldn't it be great if everybody had a gun?

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Wouldn't it be great if everybody had a gun?

Postby jonnygothispen » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:42 pm

Francis Di Domizio wrote:
Yeah, I'm having a hard time finding a down side to this story. No innocent bystanders were hurt, not even the two passengers in the Taurus.
: )

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:22 pm

As Obama laments the "creeping resignation" about the inevitability of gun violence in America Wayne LaPierre weighs in to point out that the Navy Yard shooting was made possible because there weren't enough "good guys" with guns.

America deserves what we get, even if individual victims are tragic bystanders. If a combination of some NRA spending and our bizarre obsession with firearms is enough to excuse the murder of a classroom of 7 year-olds, we have no one to blame but our collective selves. Lock and load.

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:17 am

pjbogart wrote:America deserves what we get, even if individual victims are tragic bystanders. If a combination of some NRA spending and our bizarre obsession with firearms...

Don't forget our corrupt election-financing laws, which makes that heavy NRA spending possible.

Just keep telling yourself: unlimited election spending by unknown groups? random people getting killed?
Freedom.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:43 pm

To be fair, the NRA was buying politicians long before it became so chic... or legal.

ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:27 pm

You know how you get so caught up in your daily routine that you forget to pack heat when visiting your local capitol building?

If you're in Missouri, no worries! Your hard-working rep has you covered. Just visit the men's room.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:31 pm

And he had no repercussions from doing that. I think you should get a stiff fine if you leave your gun in a public space. Some kid could have picked that shit up. Alas, I'm sure someone will come to this douchebag's defense.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:42 pm

Sure.

They'll say if everybody had a gun, leaving one lying in the men's room would be OK because everyone else using the Missouri capitol men's room has one too. They'd all just let your gun lie there until you, a fellow righteous gun-bearer among righteous gun-bearers, came back for it.

Or is that the Citadel I'm thinking of?

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:23 am

i haven't given that question a great deal of thought but i do think things would improve if everyone had an opium pipe.

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:52 pm

Stand Your Ground?

Renisha McBride was killed by a shotgun blast around 2:30 a.m. Saturday.

Family members say that McBride had gone to the home after her cell phone died following a car accident. They say McBride was shot in the back of the head when she turned to leave.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:00 pm

Even Micheal Moore is now saying that the issue is about people rather than guns.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:18 pm

Does it matter? Gun fanatics aren't interested in a rational debate about this issue no matter how hard you try. The matter is settled. Guns for everyone, all kinds, all the time.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... t=My+Yahoo
“I made a mistake by publishing the column,” Guns & Ammo editor Jim Bequette wrote in a statement. “I thought it would generate a healthy exchange of ideas on gun rights. I miscalculated, pure and simple. I was wrong, and I ask your forgiveness.”

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:19 pm

Woman shot after apparently seeking help

Police are investigating whether a 19-year-old Detroit woman who was shot and killed on the front porch of a home was simply looking for help after a car crash.

Does Michigan have a castle doctrine law that would shield the homeowner from criminal charges?

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:27 pm

fisticuffs wrote:Gun fanatics aren't interested in a rational debate about this issue no matter how hard you try.

I agree. None of the fanatics...on either side of the issue...are interested in a rational discussion, no matter how hard reasonable folks try.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:32 pm

penquin wrote:
fisticuffs wrote:Gun fanatics aren't interested in a rational debate about this issue no matter how hard you try.

I agree. None of the fanatics...on either side of the issue...are interested in a rational discussion, no matter how hard reasonable folks try.

False equivalency. I don't go around screaming boycott when Liberal Quarterly brings up a topic I don't agree with.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:39 pm

fisticuffs wrote:False equivalency. I don't go around screaming boycott when Liberal Quarterly brings up a topic I don't agree with.

Strawman. Calling for a boycott is not the only indicator of a fanatic.

That aside: I personally boycott Johnsonville Brats, WalMart, Sergento's Cheese (to name just a couple) because they&I disagree over a topic or two. Am I wrong to do so?

Return to “Headlines”