North Carolina embraces Emma Goldman

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
FJD
Forum God/Goddess

Re: North Carolina embraces Emma Goldman

Postby FJD » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:28 pm

HawkHead wrote:I think you are saying this because you are a male. (Of course Francis cold be a woman also) You don't have to carry a baby for 9 months. You don't have to put your life at risk to have a child. You don't have the Government regulating your ability to have children or not to have children if you choose.

A lot of women in NC will now be forced to carry their fetuses to birth because of this law. Some of those births will lead to death.

My point isn't about abortion at all, it's about having any one issue define our political discourse. I'm not saying abortion isn't important, or gun rights aren't important, or gay rights aren't important. I'm saying when someone makes the whole debate about any one issue they are saying other things are not important.
Case in point:
peripat wrote:Availability of abortion, access to birth control, this is the civil rights issue of the day.

Not that I think availablitiy of abortion and birth control is not a major civil rights issue, but calling it "the civil rights issue of the day" ignores all kinds of other civil rights issues that are probably "the civil rights issue of the day" for other people. I'd put education and reigning in the NSA above reproductive rights. For others addressing income disparity and reducing poverty is probably higher up the ladder.

HawkHead wrote:When did the outright hostility occur in our political machinery? When President Obama was elected. He hadn't even proposed legislation or been sworn in.

You're either very young, or have memory issues. Shit went down hill with Clinton and the level of hostility hasn't let up since then.

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:59 pm

Francis-

In my post I said the outright hostility. Yes things were bad under Clinton but people weren't out and out hostile like today.

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:05 pm

Like the President is a Kenyan, Muslim, Communist.

Where is his birth certificate?

Donald Trump offering The President $1,000,000 to show his college transcript.

And on and on and on.

FJD
Forum God/Goddess

Postby FJD » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:11 pm

HawkHead wrote:Francis-

In my post I said the outright hostility. Yes things were bad under Clinton but people weren't out and out hostile like today.

Perhaps it was better under Clinton or at least less blatent, though I'd argue impeaching a president is about as hostile an action one can commit without drawing secret service attention. Bush definitly faced a good deal of open hostility and insults after 2002 (as did Kerry in the 2004 elections).

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:13 pm

HawkHead wrote:Like the President is a Kenyan, Muslim, Communist.

And on and on and on.

It did get pretty bad under Clinton. "Hillary killed Vince Foster".

They're going to bring it all back if (when) she runs for President.

FJD
Forum God/Goddess

Postby FJD » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:17 pm

HawkHead wrote:Like the President is a Kenyan, Muslim, Communist.

And on and on and on.

I think you just listed the three major areas of attacks on Obama. Can you elucidate on "on and on and on"?

I'd also counter that Clinton and his Wife had plenty of "crimes" they were accussed of after being elected. Demands for Bush's National Guard records were made, CBS and Dan Rather got in trouble for buying into a unsubstantiated story about Bush during the election and Kerry's military record was called into question, and I'll bet if we search back through old posts on this forum we'll find a veritable plethora of personal attacks on Bush, many refering to his intelligence or lack there of.

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:36 pm

I have no issue with people investigating peoples actions.

White Water, Blow Job from Intern, Did I actually show up at Guard duty.

I have an issue with people questioning the Presidents birth certificate after it has been validated by the election board.

As another on and on:
Targets of the President and Nancy Pelosi being sold at gun shops.

FJD
Forum God/Goddess

Postby FJD » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:58 pm

HawkHead wrote:Targets of the President and Nancy Pelosi being sold at gun shops.

Well that's new

HawkHead wrote:I have no issue with people investigating peoples actions.

White Water, Blow Job from Intern, Did I actually show up at Guard duty.

None of these things have anything to do with either Clinton or Bush's performance in office. Investigating real issues related to governing is one thing (Iran-Contra, S&L bailout, WMDs, NSA activites), Investigating bearly credible acusations from political enemies is completely different.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:06 pm

Cookies are not the healthiest treat for a pasty, angry laco-vegetarian abortion extremist. Perhaps tofu-puffs?

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:08 pm

Francis Di Domizio wrote:
HawkHead wrote:Targets of the President and Nancy Pelosi being sold at gun shops.

Well that's new

That is horrible. I am sure that there were targets of FDR and other Presidents also.

My point is now it is openly flaunted in public that they have those. Gun shops actually advertise on the internet that the have the targets for sale. A sheriff in PA says to kill all the libertards on YouTube while shooting his guns.

This needs to end.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:08 pm

HawkHead wrote: Some of those births will lead to death.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:19 pm

"motion picture about the fictional assassination of George W. Bush, the 43rd U.S. President, on 19 October 2007 in Chicago, Illinois"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_a ... (2006_film)

"Liberal talk show host Ed Schultz would like to take the heart of former Vice President Dick Cheney —who is recovering from his fifth heart attack — and “rip it out and kick it around and stuff it back in him"
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0210/33588.html

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:46 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:
HawkHead wrote: Some of those births will lead to death.

I am sorry that you don't understand Ned.

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:52 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:

"motion picture about the fictional assassination of George W. Bush, the 43rd U.S. President, on 19 October 2007 in Chicago, Illinois"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_a ... (2006_film)

"Liberal talk show host Ed Schultz would like to take the heart of former Vice President Dick Cheney —who is recovering from his fifth heart attack — and “rip it out and kick it around and stuff it back in him"
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0210/33588.html

First one is from 2007, was produced by a British company and is noted in the wiki page you link as a "future history mockumentary".

The second is from 2010 so after the Obama stuff.

FJD
Forum God/Goddess

Postby FJD » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:08 pm

HawkHead wrote:
Francis Di Domizio wrote:

Well that's new

That is horrible. I am sure that there were targets of FDR and other Presidents also.

My point is now it is openly flaunted in public that they have those. Gun shops actually advertise on the internet that the have the targets for sale. A sheriff in PA says to kill all the libertards on YouTube while shooting his guns.

This needs to end.

So what I'm getting from your responses is that you want to believe that Obama has face far more and far harsher attacks then anyone else despite the evidence that DCB, I and even Ned presented.

I'm going to go ahead and ignore that part of the conversation since I don't think we are not going to get anywhere and frankly it doesn't matter.

Democrats kind of suck at the politics of personal attack, so it makes a hell of a lot more sense for them to act like adults, get laser focused on issues and display a level of class that we rarely see from politicians on either side any more.

Return to “Headlines”