Can Weiner Lick New Revelations?

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Can Weiner Lick New Revelations?

Postby wack wack » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:51 am

npler wrote:People who want to whine about Wiener, Filner, and Spitzer

People who want to lump these three together might want to seriously reconsider posting about any of them.

Term limits have nothing to do with anything here, as Huck pointed out. But please, npler, feel free to explain the unregistered lesson thoroughly to this smart aleck who believes term limitation would be a panacea.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:26 pm

Rich Schultz wrote:Maybe we got Weiner all wrong, maybe that's just the way he signs his name.

that's what i figured.

it would be interesting if he got the 2016 democratic nomination and ran against jeb bush, especially if they can find veep candidates named kisser and bunghole . . .

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:35 pm

Huckleby wrote:
npler wrote: The wages of term limits is this or worse.

Boy, that's a reach. Weiner and Spitzer were both in non-term-limited offices when they succumbed to their urges.

BTW, it pains me to see Spitzer lumped-in with those other two clowns. I found Spitzer's immorality relatively forgivable, and he is otherwise very talented and effective.

i agree. there are some other xenophobic hypocrite puritan redneck communist fat-fucks who want to tar sanford of s c with the same brush, but who was it that said "it's tough. the women are mad because you're not doing it to them and the men are pissed off because they're not doing it."? i think it came from either simon boccanegra or the beavis & butthead film

i always figured it was a little bit of that and some insecurity ginned up to fear & loathing level about various things and some taliban nostalgia that drove the anti-sanford hysteria. note that they would treat a woman who stepped out on her redneck husband with an argentine news presenter or the functional equivalent 90 times worse . . .

npler
Forum Addict

Postby npler » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:36 am

wack wack wrote:
npler wrote:People who want to whine about Wiener, Filner, and Spitzer

People who want to lump these three together might want to seriously reconsider posting about any of them.

Part of my original point, yes.

Term limits have nothing to do with anything here, as Huck pointed out. But please, npler, feel free to explain the unregistered lesson thoroughly to this smart aleck who believes term limitation would be a panacea.

I read today that Wiener is now polling in fourth place in the Democratic primary for NYC mayor and I would say he is likely to be a nonfactor. If I were a voter in NYC, I would like to have, in theory, the possibility of Bloomberg or Giuliani running for reelection as the incumbent. Whether it would be a good thing or not, Wiener may very well have not resurfaced if that were the case.

I personally think that it was a good thing that he set himself up for this second dose of opprobrium so that there was an opportunity to clarify if he was or was not the victim the first time around. I for one honestly didn't know. Usually what I think of sex scandals is "Jesus Christ! If you cannot join us in the 21st Century at least try for the 20th. Fuckin' A!" or something to that effect, and then I don't give it any further thought.

Also Spitzer's mild hypocrisy is not in the same category I agree.

Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Rich Schultz » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:34 am

npler wrote: Usually what I think of sex scandals is "Jesus Christ! If you cannot join us in the 21st Century at least try for the 20th. Fuckin' A!" or something to that effect, and then I don't give it any further thought.

How very Progressive of you. If their wives can't trust them why the hell should the voters?

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:48 am

Rich Schultz wrote: If their wives can't trust them why the hell should the voters?

Here are modern U.S. Presidents we know had affairs:
FDR, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Reagan, Clinton

If you look at the presidents without even marital rumors, I would say:
Nixon, Carter, Bush 1 and Obama

Sexual fidelity does not correlate with good leadership. It's in its own box, pun intended.

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:04 am

npler wrote:I read today that Wiener is now polling in fourth place in the Democratic primary for NYC mayor and I would say he is likely to be a nonfactor. If I were a voter in NYC, I would like to have, in theory, the possibility of Bloomberg or Giuliani running for reelection as the incumbent. Whether it would be a good thing or not, Wiener may very well have not resurfaced if that were the case.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems your very big statement against term limits really boils down to little more than a lack of options for you.

Why go back? As the world moves forward faster and faster, it makes less and less sense to go backward politically. Let the old dogs lie.

I wrote my first paper on term limits in 1991 and have been keenly interested in them ever since. Objections to term limits seem to boil down to one of two concerns: it takes choice away from voters, and government is "hard" so we need people with experience to keep it going.

Considering the amount of obstruction and corruption that results due to the cozy relationships built over far-too-long careers in government, "choice" and "hard" are quaint concerns.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:47 am

well, if the question is infidelity or what have u, not everyone defines it the same way and beyond that there are many different opinions on it, coming from a number of different kinds of sources . . . a lot of which comes from religion . . . which many people are not so keen on trying to impose on other people. but not everyone of course.

Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:30 pm

In an effort to distract from his penis, Weiner is aparently calling an opponent "grandpa" at an AARP hosted event.

The argument, which started when Weiner greeted McDonald by patting him on the chest, was caught on camera by CNN affiliate NY1.

"Don't put your hands on me ever again," McDonald said.

"What's going to happen if I do? Tough guy now?" Weiner replied.

"Yeah. Yeah I am," McDonald said, as he stepped closer to Weiner.

Weiner then made a swipe about McDonald having anger issues.

"I don't have any anger issues," the Republican said.

"But you do, grandpa," Weiner said.

I have to say, just from a sanitary angle I'd probably want Weiner's hands off of me.

Oh and aparently Ms. Leathers has decided if Mr. Weiner can't see her assets, then everyone should

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:47 pm

Francis Di Domizio wrote: Oh and aparently Ms. Leathers has decided if Mr. Weiner can't see her assets, then everyone should

Some people are doggin on Ms. Leathers, saying she's ugly. I call bullshit, she's a fine looking girl, perhaps a little on the fleshy side for some tastes. I say nothing wrong with a little cushion for the pushin.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:36 am

a-d-w took the i-r-t
down to see the a-a-r-p
when he got there
what did he see?
d-s-k on p-c-p
a-d-w -- a-a -r-p
i-r-t -- p-c-p
i-r-s -- n-s-a
c-d-u -- d-s-k
a-d-w -- a-a -r-p -- i-r-t -- p-c-p!

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:57 pm

The Weiner story rises again....

It's been three years (only!) since Anthony Weiner's political career went limp because he sent photos of his dick to random women via social media, and yet he has still not learned how to use Twitter.

Here is the one favorite of Anthony Weiner's verified Twitter account @AnthonyWeiner, which is accessible from the front page of Anthony Weiener's verified Twitter account by clicking the "favorites" tab.
http://gawker.com/anthony-weiner-still- ... 1650339896

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:21 am

Ned Flanders wrote:The Weiner story rises again....

It's been three years (only!) since Anthony Weiner's political career went limp because he sent photos of his dick to random women via social media, and yet he has still not learned how to use Twitter.

Here is the one favorite of Anthony Weiner's verified Twitter account @AnthonyWeiner, which is accessible from the front page of Anthony Weiener's verified Twitter account by clicking the "favorites" tab.
http://gawker.com/anthony-weiner-still- ... 1650339896" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ned sure was obsessed about weiners. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Return to “Headlines”