The union thread

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The union thread

Postby O.J. » Fri May 10, 2013 7:13 pm

Francis Di Domizio wrote:
Sandi wrote:
OJ wrote:By the way, would you care to defend your position that all of the embassy attacks under Bush occurred in Iraq? Is this another example of your ignorance, or are you just a liar?

Before you call someone a liar you should at least read what they said. Or maybe you have a reading comprehension disability.

I never said "all of the embassy attacks under Bush occurred in Iraq."

at a risk of continuing this cross thread silliness, can you please list all of the embassy attacks that occurred in Iraq under Bush? Don't worry, I've already Googled it, I just want to see what you come up with.

We'll be waiting until Hell freezes over before Sandi attempts to answer this.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Fri May 10, 2013 7:49 pm

at a risk of continuing this cross thread silliness, can you please list all of the embassy attacks that occurred in Iraq under Bush?

No

Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Fri May 10, 2013 7:53 pm

bdog wrote:Howler do you prefer that Sandi and Festie debate the OP on unions as an abstract concept, or do you think the immigrant effect on unions does not exist?

I find the immigration angle more constructive than throwing Abe Lincoln quotes back and forth.

Ya know, I think I share your irritation in a way.
Our collectively shared history with regard to Lincoln is informative, but I will only reflect on this.
In the end I have a much greater issue with emigration of labor (jobs) over immigration of labor (citizens).
The corporate regime has taken the long view.
Can we american citizens (i.e. - customers) have a voice?
Or is it just a numbers game at this point?
MH

FJD
Forum God/Goddess

Postby FJD » Fri May 10, 2013 8:37 pm

Sandi wrote:
at a risk of continuing this cross thread silliness, can you please list all of the embassy attacks that occurred in Iraq under Bush?

No

Awww, not even giving it an attempt? Maybe you can at least say how many attacks on the US embassy in Iraq took place under Bush. I'll even give you a hint. There are 9 attacks on US Diplomatic missions between 2001 and the end of 2008 detailed on Wikipedia. Since you stated attacks on embassies under bush were almost exclusively in Iraq, this shouldn't be too hard for ya.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Fri May 10, 2013 8:41 pm

Francis Di Domizio wrote:Awww, not even giving it an attempt? Maybe you can at least say how many attacks on the US embassy in Iraq took place under Bush.

This is "The Union thread." Why do you want to hijack it further?

FJD
Forum God/Goddess

Postby FJD » Fri May 10, 2013 8:49 pm

Sandi wrote:
Francis Di Domizio wrote:Awww, not even giving it an attempt? Maybe you can at least say how many attacks on the US embassy in Iraq took place under Bush.

This is "The Union thread." Why do you want to hijack it further?

very well, the question has been moved to the correct thread, in the mean time can you please elaborate on how businesses and unions service the pubic in a similar fashion?

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Fri May 10, 2013 9:00 pm

Francis Di Domizio wrote:very well, the question has been moved to the correct thread, in the mean time can you please elaborate on how businesses and unions service the pubic in a similar fashion?

Only to the extent that they both do a public service. As I stated.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Wed May 22, 2013 5:09 pm

Sandi wrote:Actually they care less about working conditions and wages and more about collecting dues.

That seems kinda cynical. Do you feel that every organization (such as PTA, NAACP, various Tea Party groups, Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts, VFW, etc etc) is primarily concerned with only making money or are there any groups in America that you beleive are actually trying to do some good for their members and/or the general public?

Return to “Headlines”