Madcity Expat wrote:he is an asshole for insulting the city of Boston on ideological grounds in doing so.
How was he insulting the "city of Boston"? He was insulting (deservingly) specific ideologues of the city of Boston, not the city of Boston
. Looks like the "asshole" in this case, Madcity Ex, might just be you.
I weary of the inanity. It's so hard to know where to start that I fear I must simply yield to your stupidity. But I'm not in the mood to despair, not yet. So, in no particular order:
1) A point of style: Meade, are you calling me an asshole or not? If you are, no need to use quotation marks. For review, click here
and scroll down to "Signaling Unusual Usage"
2) Meade, please invest some effort thinking up a better retort than "I know you are, but what am I?" All of your replies are variations that theme. Psychological projection
is extremely feeble and lazy argumentation. Do a little research and come up with something better.
3) Of COURSE he was insulting the city of Boston - are you seriously suggesting that any Bostonian, whatever their politics, would not be insulted by Bell's remark? Are you really that stupid? How about you volunteer to go to Boston and stand on a corner with Bell's tweet on a sign and see how many Bostonian conservatives show up to defend you from the crowd of "cowering" Boston liberals that gathers. Read it again.
4) Further, would you be so kind as to confirm that you think it is appropriate ("deservingly" [sic] was your word) to insult some
Bostonians, based on their political and/or ideological identification?
Please, tell us again that this is a right and proper thing to do in the wake of a terrorist attack to categorize some of the victims and bystanders as deserving of ridicule based on their political preferences. I'll have to remember before I open up my wallet next time a tornado levels some suburb in Oklahoma (*sigh*...in case you're too thick to get it, that last bit was sarcasm)
5) To the Foron Community, I know I took the troll bait - even provoked it on this thread. I should know better. I haven't engaged with Ned or any Nedlings for years. I'm pissed off at their exploitation of Boston's pain (all of them) for brazen and shameless ideological scorekeeping. But I know how it works - if I'm pissed, they got what they wanted. I'm not surprise about Meade, but I thought maybe, just maybe Ned might be an adult, just for a little while. I guess not.
I have to admit - Meade, Leroy, Ned - I'm morbidly impressed at the way you circle the wagons. You wouldn't catch me backing up some lefty foron if he was defending something so reprehensible. Sometimes you have to let your moral code trump your ideological code.