Massive Explosions at Boston Marathon

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Massive Explosions at Boston Marathon

Postby pjbogart » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:08 pm

The latest news is still that only two people died, and considering the crowd and the size of the explosion, I'd say that's pretty fortunate. Also, Boston Police are denying that they have a suspect in custody. I suppose it's possible that they're simply trying to redirect the lynch mob, but I'd believe an official statement by the police department over Rupert Murdoch's tabloid.

drinkinblackcoffee
Forum Addict

Postby drinkinblackcoffee » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:17 pm

Meade wrote:
Galoot wrote:Well put, coffee. It is a horrible tragedy, but I dearly hope it does not result in a knee-jerk response to "ramp up the war on terrorism", no matter who suggests doing so.

Why, how, by whom, and since when was the war on terrorism "ramped down"?

I imagine an analogy would be the mind-bending rationale that every person that ever wants to get on an airplane ever again has to take their shoes off, all because one inept 'terrorist' tried (and failed) to blow up his feet on a flight. Using matches.
Or, it could be like how 9/11 was used to justify invading foreign countries and indefinitely setting up shop for our military.
Or, maybe, the Patriot Act....
Reminds me that we may regret not having one rationale person holding federal office this time around (aka Feingold).

Uncle Fester
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Uncle Fester » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:04 pm

drinkinblackcoffee wrote:Terrorists just cemented themselves as the replacement for Pollacks as the butt of every bad joke.

Blowing up a marathon, hilarious. Not even the elite runners, just the people in really, really good shape (that most Americans identify with).

Honestly, if this is the best they could do since 9/11, the government is either quietly doing a really good job, or we've got very little to worry about.

What the hell is wrong with you?

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:24 pm

It seems that a lot of assumptions are being made about who is responsible. Certainly this is an act of terrorism.....but we don't know who the terrorist(s) are yet. Could be al-Qaeda, or it could be a domestic terror act like the Oklahoma City bombing.

Actually, if it were an al-Qaeda-like group, I'd have thought they'd be taking "credit" for this right away. That's been their M.O. in the past.

GordonFreeman

Postby GordonFreeman » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:47 pm

Probably a small domestic right-wing/tea party group. April 15th and all.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:15 pm

GordonFreeman wrote:Probably a small domestic right-wing/tea party group. April 15th and all.

Yeah, I can't really shake that. Al Qaeda would have likely claimed responsibility by now. April 15th, Tax Day, Boston Harbor?

If I were a betting man I think I'd probably decline to bet on this one. It's too close to call.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:52 am

pjbogart wrote:
GordonFreeman wrote:Probably a small domestic right-wing/tea party group. April 15th and all.

Yeah, I can't really shake that. Al Qaeda would have likely claimed responsibility by now. April 15th, Tax Day, Boston Harbor?

If I were a betting man I think I'd probably decline to bet on this one. It's too close to call.

Delusional.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:40 am

Ned Flanders wrote:Delusional.

Speaking of Delusional

Alex Jones and his website InfoWars.com have breathlessly preached conspiracy theories about the as-yet-unknown perpetrators of the attack, claiming the blast was set off or staged by the U.S. government in what Jones called a "false flag operation.

We're commenting here on a silly little forum. This fuckwad has an actual radio program. Now that's some messed up shit.

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:36 am

Kyle Motor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kyle Motor » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:08 am

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:http://bostonmarathonconspiracy.com/

That is excellent.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:40 am

Ned Flanders wrote:Delusional.

While the dust was still settling Ned was gleefully reprinting rumors about 12 dead and a Saudi national in custody, yet the mere suggestion that it may have been a domestic terrorist is "delusional".

I don't know who did it, Ned. But I know that Al Qaeda typically kills more than three people with a bomb in the middle of a crowd and then they race to take credit for it. They take pride in shit like this.

And again, April 15th, Tax Day, Boston Harbor. I don't know how you can ignore that possibility, even if it causes you discomfort. I'm not saying that a right-wing tea party group is responsible, I'm saying that it's possible that they're responsible.

Leroy Gates
Forum Addict

Postby Leroy Gates » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:48 am

Considering Al Qaeda has exploded hundreds of bombs and the Tea Party not one it's pretty clear who is delusional.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:56 am

This is why pj has has earned a place in the wack pack hall of fame.

The left needs to invent elaborate verbal Rube Goldberg devices to "explain" why the most obvious explanations for things that violate their worldview aren't as they seem. See Islamofacism, man-made "global warming", "peak oil", etc.
Last edited by Ned Flanders on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:58 am

What is the penalty for the NY Post for publishing shit they didn't bother to confirm? Do they lose readers? Or will Ned still go to them for what he wants to hear regardless of it's accuracy?

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:58 am

Leroy Gates wrote:Considering Al Qaeda has exploded hundreds of bombs and the Tea Party not one it's pretty clear who is delusional.

Yes. Individuals who have come to a conclusion before the facts are in.

Return to “Headlines”