The Orpheum Thread

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
Forum Addict

The Orpheum Thread

Postby Phil » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:56 pm

This Eric Fleming guy seems like a real character.

This was my favorite part from the Cap Times article
At some point, Fleming claims, he withdrew $175,000 he got from Kuzmenko in $100 bills from his bank account, put the cash in a plastic bag and handed it over to a guy identified in court records as Marcus DaMarko, and never saw it again.

"I loaned somebody money," says Fleming. "I loaned him money to invest in something. I haven't talked to him since so I don't have the money currently."

I need to meet this guy! I really could use a loan of this nature.

Read more: ... f887a.html

Forum Addict

Re: The Orpheum Thread

Postby Maggie » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:55 pm

The feud between co-owners Henry Doane and Eric Fleming, which began shortly after they entered into their partnership about a decade ago, has brought the theater to a crossroads, and its future hinges on a number of court cases that involve debt and allegations of fraud and a host of other financial misdealings — including the mysterious disappearance of $175,000, allegedly given to a man named Marcus DaMarko, who has vanished without a trace.

"Somebody should make a movie," declared Doane at an Alcohol License Review Committee meeting last year.

If they made one, you wouldn't be able to catch it at the Orpheum, which no longer has regular screenings. The restaurant is closed. The building now serves primarily as a venue for weddings or the occasional concert, and even then the front of the house is dark.

They could show the movie at The Barrymore.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The Orpheum Thread

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:02 pm

Then there is Fleming and The Crave.

Return to “Headlines”