Karl Armstrong

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Karl Armstrong

Postby Dangerousman » Thu May 24, 2012 1:56 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:The police dog would have smelled it. I think that is why Armstrong eventually consented, since he knew the dog was on his way.

Yes, if a dog was really on the way. It could have been a bluff.

But you have to admit, changing your tune on permission to search after mention of a dog doesn't help with the "I knew nothing about that money" line. A better approach would have been "Dog's coming? Cool! Can I pet it?" It's possible that he underestimated how thorough of a search would be conducted without a dog.

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Thu May 24, 2012 3:00 pm

Does anybody care that a man who was evidently heroically supplying our community with ganje will spend his golden years in the slammer?

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Thu May 24, 2012 3:32 pm

I think the pharmaceutical companies are on the verge of being able to regulate and distribute THC and who knows where it will go from there. For anyone who's had the opportunity, electronic cigarettes are a big business right now and while I wouldn't say it's "just like smoking" I will say it's in the general ballpark. These devices which use a small battery to atomize water into vapor and then mix it with nicotine and flavoring for you to inhale could just as easily contain THC.

While not devoid of health risks, electronic joints would eliminate smoke and odor and make it possible for you to get stoned discreetly while driving a bus, operating a day care or flying a 747 filled with 300 unwitting passengers.

The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Thu May 24, 2012 3:43 pm

pjbogart wrote:I think the pharmaceutical companies are on the verge of being able to regulate and distribute THC and who knows where it will go from there. For anyone who's had the opportunity, electronic cigarettes are a big business right now and while I wouldn't say it's "just like smoking" I will say it's in the general ballpark. These devices which use a small battery to atomize water into vapor and then mix it with nicotine and flavoring for you to inhale could just as easily contain THC.

While not devoid of health risks, electronic joints would eliminate smoke and odor and make it possible for you to get stoned discreetly while driving a bus, operating a day care or flying a 747 filled with 300 unwitting passengers.

The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

If the articles I've read on people using medical marijuana vs various forms of processed THC are true, the buzz is radically different and more powerful with THC.

I understand the need for the powers that be to outlaw anything they can't control, quantify, tax, and monopolize, but I keep hoping.

Return to “Headlines”