The Trayvon Martin & George Zimmerman Story

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The Trayvon Martin & George Zimmerman Story

Postby Remember_Me » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:06 pm

snoqueen wrote:If you're not taking possession of the money personally, you set up a fund with someone else in control of the money. It could be a charitable organization, a trust fund, or something else -- but it should be legally documented.

Sounds like these people either did not know this or did not want to actually hand the money over to someone else.

I agree. And I think they just didn't know this. No one's accused Zimmerman of being the sharpest tool in the shed.

But by paying off credit card bills it shows they did intend to hand the money over to someone else.

Everything they were dealing with and they still paid their bills.

Not something you would think guilty people would do.

FJD
Forum God/Goddess

Postby FJD » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:22 pm

snoqueen wrote:If you're not taking possession of the money personally, you set up a fund with someone else in control of the money. It could be a charitable organization, a trust fund, or something else -- but it should be legally documented.

Sounds like these people either did not know this or did not want to actually hand the money over to someone else.

This!

If you read the official donation web site it says the money will be used for
ongoing living expenses, legal costs, and fees for this matter

He's free to use that money for what ever living expense he wants.

And it is an issue with the courts because Zimmerman and his wife decided they didn't need to tell the courts about it. Is he a flight risk? Not your call, not my call. The Judge gets to make that decision, and Zimmerman's wife lied under oath about some of the information relevant to that decision.

Remember_Me wrote:
Francis Di Domizio wrote:Though they sure did act to make sure the money would not be tracked by the IRS (or set up a flag with their banks).

Not sure what you mean by that.

Sarcasm?

Nope, They made several transfers from the pay pal account to other accounts, never exceeding $9900. $10,000 is the amount that the IRS tracks for money laundering.
Last edited by FJD on Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:27 pm

Records released Monday show that tens of thousands of dollars were transferred out of a bank account. Prosecutors allege a total of $47,000 was transferred from George Zimmerman's account to his sister's account from April 16 and 17, and that Shellie Zimmerman transferred more than $74,000 from her husband's account to her account between April 16 and April 19.

After George Zimmerman was released on bond this spring, his wife transferred more than $85,500 from her account back to his account, according to the affidavit.

cnn
Zero flight risk, right?

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:03 am

Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Remember_Me » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:43 am

Passed a stress test analyzer with his statement.

Liars have hard times with those things.

"He took my head and slammed it against the concrete several times, and each time I thought my head was going to explode and I thought I was going to lose consciousness," George Zimmerman told police the day after he shot and killed Trayvon Martin.

"I started screaming for help," but Martin pressed his hands over Zimmerman's mouth and nose, he said. "He told me to shut the fk up, and I was suffocating."

Zimmerman told police he was lying on the ground, but his head was on the concrete.

"I didn't want him to keep slamming my head on the concrete so I kind of shifted. But when I shifted my jacket came up…and it exposed my firearm. That's when he said you are going to die tonight. He took one hand off my mouth, and slid it down my chest. I took my gun aimed it at him and fired."

The latest and most detailed account yet of what happened in Sanford, Fla., on Feb. 26 comes from a voice stress test that Zimmerman passed, along with a video re-enactment, a handwritten statement and audio interviews conducted in the days after the shooting by investigators.

Zimmerman said he was driving to buy groceries when he spotted the unarmed teen walking near a house that he knew Martin did not live in and called police to report a suspicious person.

"I just felt like something was off about him…and there's been a history of break-ins ... so I said you know just better to call. I kept driving and I passed him, and he kept staring at me and staring around," Zimmerman said.

He took investigators to the house where he first spotted the teen and got on the phone with police. At that point he says he lost sight of Martin.

With bandages clearly visible on the back of his head in the video, he took investigators through the neighborhood showing them where he was when the responder told him that he did not have to follow Martin. Zimmerman says by the time of the request he was no longer in his car and wanted to figure out exactly where he was in the subdivision, so that the officer dispatched to the scene could find him.

"I was walking back. I didn't see anything again, came back to my truck and when I got to right about here, he yelled from behind to me."

"He said, 'Yo, you got a problem?' and I turned around and said no I don't have a problem," said Zimmerman.

"I went to grab my cell phone, but I left it in a different pocket. I looked down at my pants pocket, he said, 'You got a problem now' and then he was here and he punched me in the face," said Zimmerman, throwing a punch near his own face to illustrate.

"I think I stumbled and I fell down, he pushed me down, somehow he got on top of me... I was trying to push him away from me. He got on top of me somewhere around here, and that's when I started screaming for help. I started screaming HELP as loud as I could. I tried to sit up. That's when he grabbed me by the head and he tried to slam my head down," Zimmerman said.

"He kept slamming and slamming, and I kept yelling HELP, HELP, HELP as loud as I could," he said.

In the voice stress test video, which begins with a bandaged Zimmerman commenting to an officer on the high price of health insurance as a reason he was hesitant to get treatment the night of the shooting, he later calmly questioned an officer about what she did on the force.

Link

Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Remember_Me » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:50 am

Francis Di Domizio wrote:
Nope, They made several transfers from the pay pal account to other accounts, never exceeding $9900. $10,000 is the amount that the IRS tracks for money laundering.

As someone who works with PayPal, it's actually PayPal's policy to limit transactions to $10k.

And they have it in place of course because of the IRS thing.

So they couldn't have made higher transfers if they wanted to anyway.

They weren't trying to deceive the IRS. They were just going by policy.

Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Remember_Me » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:58 am

jman111 wrote:
Records released Monday show that tens of thousands of dollars were transferred out of a bank account. Prosecutors allege a total of $47,000 was transferred from George Zimmerman's account to his sister's account from April 16 and 17, and that Shellie Zimmerman transferred more than $74,000 from her husband's account to her account between April 16 and April 19.

After George Zimmerman was released on bond this spring, his wife transferred more than $85,500 from her account back to his account, according to the affidavit.

cnn
Zero flight risk, right?

What does that have to do with anything?

No one's a ZERO flight risk.

But it's telling that he used some of the money to pay his credit card bills.

Do you believe that's the behavior of someone who's a flight risk?

Was there also a point to the excerpt you quoted above?

Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Remember_Me » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:02 pm

He offers to quit, they say no, then they fire him anyway.

Gotta love Floridians.

Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:44 pm

Video of Zimmerman describing to the police what happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55l2Dj6A ... ature=plcp

Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Remember_Me » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:23 pm

Dangerousman wrote:Video of Zimmerman describing to the police what happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55l2Dj6A ... ature=plcp

I believe every word of it.

Trayvon Martin was a thug punk and he lost his life because of it.

Hopefully it sends a strong message to other thug punks out there.

peripat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby peripat » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:55 pm

Trevon Martin was being stalked by a crazy adult with a gun. What would you have done?

Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:20 pm

peripat wrote:Trevon Martin was being stalked by a crazy adult with a gun. What would you have done?

Um, walked or run two more buildings down and go inside the apartment during the 6 or 7 minutes he had between the time Zimmerman started his phone call to the police and the time of the shooting?

Your evidence that Zimmerman is crazy? None

Your evidence that Trayvon knew Zimmerman had a gun? None, and extremely unlikely that he knew.

Your evidence that Trayvon was stalked? None

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:06 pm

Remember_Me wrote:Passed a stress test analyzer with his statement.

There are some parts of his story I believe.
At one point, Mr. Zimmerman mentions that he had received a diagnosis of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder as a child and takes 20 milligrams of Adderall twice a day. He cites his disorder as one reason he could not remember one of three major streets in his community when he called the police.

“To be honest with you, I have a bad memory anyway,” he told Mr. Serino.

That's a pretty solid defense.

Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:41 pm

rabble wrote:
Remember_Me wrote:Passed a stress test analyzer with his statement.

There are some parts of his story I believe.
At one point, Mr. Zimmerman mentions that he had received a diagnosis of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder as a child and takes 20 milligrams of Adderall twice a day. He cites his disorder as one reason he could not remember one of three major streets in his community when he called the police.

“To be honest with you, I have a bad memory anyway,” he told Mr. Serino.

That's a pretty solid defense.

I've lived in my house for more than 15 years and there are days it takes me awhile to remember the names of some of the nearby streets. As strange as it may seem at first glance, when teaching a concealed carry class, home protection, or discussing setting up a safe room in one's home, we teach that one should have one's address and phone number written on a card near the phone. Under the high stress of a home intruder it isn't unusual for a person to forget or flub their own address or phone number and having the card handy reduces the risk of providing the 911 dispatcher with erroneous information.

Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Remember_Me » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:15 am

peripat wrote:Trevon Martin was being stalked by a crazy adult with a gun. What would you have done?

I tend to avoid crazy people with guns whenever possible.

If I'm on the phone with someone I would instruct them to call the police and then I would also do the same.

Martin did none of these things.

Return to “Headlines”