The Trayvon Martin & George Zimmerman Story

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The Trayvon Martin & George Zimmerman Story

Postby Stebben84 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:35 pm

Huh.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politi ... threw-case

According to the former assistant coroner, the results of Martin's autopsy clearly showed that, despite Zimmerman's statements regarding their altercation, there was no feasible way for Martin to have been on top of Zimmerman when the gun was fired, because the bullet entered Martin's back.

Will be an interesting trial if his lawsuit against the state goes through.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:59 pm

I don't know what to make of that. I think the prosecution just didn't want to win but the idea that they falsified the autopsy report so they'd be sure to lose is a little hard to accept.

I can believe this one, though.
In Email, Zimmerman’s Local Police Chief Agrees He’s Another ‘Sandy Hook’ Waiting To Happen
Police Chief Steve Bracknell, who is responsible for the Florida town where George Zimmerman resides, agreed in a series of emails that Zimmerman is a “ticking time bomb” and another “Sandy Hook” waiting to happen.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:10 pm

rabble wrote:I don't know what to make of that.

I agree it is out there. I'm not saying it is some smoking gun by posting, but the guy is lawyered up so this should make for some entertaining news reading.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:52 pm

Can someone explain to me what makes George Zimmerman some sort of cult hero for right-wingers? He's not really a champion of conceal/carry because his right to possess a weapon was never really in question. A champion of self-defense? Even if you concede ALL of Zimmerman's accounts, he was following Trayvon Martin who he suspected was engaged in criminal behavior, Trayvon Martin attacked Zimmerman and Zimmerman killed him. OK, so I understand people saying, "he had the right to defend himself," but elevating him to a hero seems a bit much.

Can you think of another situation where someone acting in self-defense was essentially lionized by a political party? Nothing similar really comes to mind.

baked goods wrote:This guy made a huge mistake. Instead of moving away from the invading scum he chose to do something. His crime was caring.

Is that a "there goes the neighborhood" comment? I thought that the record clearly showed that Trayvon Martin was only armed with a bag of Skittles and a Big Gulp. And even if you accept that Trayvon Martin was "scum" based upon his assault of Zimmerman, calling Martin an "invader" seems odd. What was he invading? Wasn't he walking home? What differentiated him from other teens that might be walking around the neighborhood munching on Skittles? And what exactly was Zimmerman "caring" about? Prior to the altercation, there doesn't seem to be any evidence that Trayvon Martin was engaged in criminal activity, so even if you support Zimmerman's right to defend himself, you'd still see this as a tragic misunderstanding. Wouldn't you?

No, not in right-wing world. Zimmerman is a hero for killing Martin. And I understand the whole "gun rights" angle, but I can't for the life of me understand why Zimmerman would be praised for killing a kid who appeared to be simply walking home from the convenience store.

Maybe Larry could elaborate.

Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:13 am

pjbogart wrote:Can someone explain to me what makes George Zimmerman some sort of cult hero for right-wingers?

He's a right wing win over the left. If the case never became a national issue, the right isn't going to give two shits about him.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:20 am

Francis Di Domizio wrote:
pjbogart wrote:Can someone explain to me what makes George Zimmerman some sort of cult hero for right-wingers?

He's a right wing win over the left. If the case never became a national issue, the right isn't going to give two shits about him.

What did they win?

Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Rich Schultz » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:19 am

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:53 am

Rich Schultz wrote:

A marching band thinks the guy without the gun might have been wronged.

Therefore the guy with the gun must be a hero.

Ninja
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ninja » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:39 pm

Stebben84 wrote:Will be an interesting trial if his lawsuit against the state goes through.

How about you pick a new thing to treat like a hobby? Sports? Reality TV maybe?

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:28 am

Ninja wrote:How about you pick a new thing to treat like a hobby? Sports? Reality TV maybe?

May I suggest a hobby for you? One where, let's say, you go fuck yourself.

That said, I didn't watch any of the Zimmerman trial, nor did I watch any of the talking heads blabber on about it. What I find interesting is that this examiner is willing to go to court and he either commits perjury or some really fucked up stuff went down in the examiner's office.

There are a lot of things in life I find interesting. It doesn't make them a hobby by any means. Ninja, I hope you're not surprised that people think you're a dick.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:51 am

....some really fucked up stuff went down in the examiner's office.

Keep in mind this wouldn't be the first time the American justice system has been unreliable. It happens in Wisconsin too, as the Wisconsin Innocence Projedt at UW Law School has shown.

I have never felt really comfortable with what went on between Zimmerman and the police/DA in FL (and posted to that effect) and I'd love to see a thorough investigation.

I'm not holding my breath, though.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:31 pm

I must say the this Assistant Medical Examiner was THE WORST FUCKING WITNESS. ME's do this shit for a living and this clown acted like his medical degree was from Walmart. He couldn't have been any worse.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:17 pm

George Zimmerman Left Wife, Shellie, Bullet-Riddled Target As Threat: Report

And there were people here calling Martin the thug.

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:30 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/3 ... ostpopular

Sanford FL changes their neighborhood watch policies.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:31 pm

This guy is a fucking peach.

The Sheriff's Office, in a short news release, reported that the agency had arrested Zimmerman after being called to a disturbance on Topfield Court in western Seminole County near Apopka about 1 p.m.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... 7318.story

Return to “Headlines”