The Trayvon Martin & George Zimmerman Story

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The Trayvon Martin & George Zimmerman Story

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:52 am

snoqueen wrote:What's more interesting to me is the solidity of the African-American opinions. They're about as close to unanimous as a national poll ever gets. I love it that you conservatives strut around here denying all these black people have a good reason to feel and think as they do. I guess you'd prefer to believe an entire racial group is crazy.

There's a name for that but I'll let you figure it out.

Isn't justice supposed to be "blind"? Or do you want to try people like Zimmerman based not on the facts of the specific event, but based on past injustice?

This thread is like a Twilight Zone episode.

Disgusting.

Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Rich Schultz » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:31 am

snoqueen wrote:What's more interesting to me is the solidity of the African-American opinions. They're about as close to unanimous as a national poll ever gets. I love it that you conservatives strut around here denying all these black people have a good reason to feel and think as they do. I guess you'd prefer to believe an entire racial group is crazy.

There's a name for that but I'll let you figure it out.

Cognitive Dissonance?

"Fully 96 percent of black voters supported Obama" 2008

"Obama Leaves the Black Community Behind"
http://progressive.org/obama-leaves-black-community-behind

"NAACP president: Black people worse off under Obama"
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/28/naacp-president-black-people-worse-under-obama/

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:36 pm

The polls (and this discussion) were not about Obama but about the Zimmerman verdict. Why did you try to change the subject?

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:43 pm

Because Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Rush and Charlie are flooding his brain with these subject-changing missives. Easy pickins if you ask me.

Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Rich Schultz » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:12 pm

david cohen wrote:Because Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Rush and Charlie are flooding his brain with these subject-changing missives. Easy pickins if you ask me.

Sandy had commented earlier, I think in this thread, how Righties understand Lefties but Lefties can only project. I don't pay for TV, never have and never will so I have no exposure to Bill or Sean. I did see Bill on a TV at a bar once. He seemed very fond of himself although I couldn't imagine why. Rush is frequently quoted on the web so I have second hand familiarity with his thinking and I don't know who Charlie is.

"subject-changing "
snoqueen mentioned a poll with a lopsided majority and I countered with another one, I was trying to make the point that it is quite possible for a group to vote against it's own interests.

" I guess you'd prefer to believe an entire racial group is crazy. "
snoqueen

"The not-guilty verdict in the trial of George Zimmerman has produced dramatically different reactions among blacks and whites"

So which racial group are you calling crazy?

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:52 pm

Standng Your Ground in Tennessee.
A Virginia couple who took their five children on an outing at Bays Mountain Park Sunday afternoon were greeted with gunfire shortly after crossing the Hawkins County line ...

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:33 pm

fennel wrote:Standng Your Ground in Tennessee.
A Virginia couple who took their five children on an outing at Bays Mountain Park Sunday afternoon were greeted with gunfire shortly after crossing the Hawkins County line ...

Do you even have any idea what "Stand Your Ground" is? If you do, you know that SYG has nothing to do with this case, she was charged with felony reckless endangerment.

Ramey was charged with seven counts of felony reckless endangerment.

Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:25 am

fisticuffs wrote:
Dangerousman wrote:
Donald wrote:If we did neighborhood walks (always unarmed and always with several people) we usually did it with the intent of getting to know people better...
So, if people just use common sense and community organizing techniques, you don't need a gun to turn a neighborhood around.

You are aware of the fact that George Zimmerman wasn't on "neighborhood watch" duty the night of the shooting, aren't you? He was heading to the grocery store. So your "neighborhood watch people aren't supposed to be armed" approach is a bit off the mark.

You are aware of the fact that being armed for a trip to the grocery store is completely asinine to most people, aren't you?

No, but am aware of your tendency to fabricate so-called "facts" whenever it's convenient.

I'm also aware of the fact that criminals, not victims, choose the time and place for crime to be committed. So I'd rather be considered asinine, by asinine people like you, than to be considered easy pickings by sociopath wannabe gangstas like Trayvon Martin.

Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Rich Schultz » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:58 am

Dangerousman wrote:I'm also aware of the fact that criminals, not victims, choose the time and place for crime to be committed. So I'd rather be considered asinine, by asinine people like you, than to be considered easy pickings by sociopath wannabe gangstas like Trayvon Martin.

Amen!

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:34 am

So Rich, do you also usually carry a firearm when you leave your house?

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:39 am

Henry Vilas wrote:So Rich, do you also usually carry a firearm when you leave your house?

Do you usually carry a flask Hank?

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:21 am

Ned Flanders wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:So Rich, do you also usually carry a firearm when you leave your house?

Do you usually carry a flask Hank?

Go back to Weiner's wiener, Ned.

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:30 am

Rich Schultz wrote:snoqueen mentioned a poll with a lopsided majority and I countered with another one, I was trying to make the point that it is quite possible for a group to vote against it's own interests.

So, you're arguing that the black community would be better off under a Romney administration. How so?

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:30 am

Most smart people, when told to hand over their wallet, just hand it over. No need to turn it into a gun battle, endangering bystanders and making a plain robbery into a fatality. The reason you gun folks think you have to carry a gun in Woodmans is because so many of your peers are doing the same thing. You're all afraid of each other, since it's virtually impossible to tell good guys from bad guys until someone is shot. The rest of us are going about our business like normal people, and rarely give it a second thought. We also do not reflexively decide black people wearing hoodies are out to kill us. Most likely they're buying something to eat, same as anyone else.

This whole thing is a form of personal and social pathology and ought to be recognized as such. Exaggerated and heightened states of alertness are associated with PTSD among returning military and deserve effective treatment, as they do among civilians when they occur. For the rest of us, living that way is distinctly abnormal. People are free to live in whatever mental state they find themselves (unless they harm other people, as in shootups in theaters) but to promote abnormal ones as desirable needs to be called out for what it is.

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:50 am

Rich Schultz wrote:
Dangerousman wrote:I'm also aware of the fact that criminals, not victims, choose the time and place for crime to be committed. So I'd rather be considered asinine, by asinine people like you, than to be considered easy pickings by sociopath wannabe gangstas like Trayvon Martin.

Amen!

I agree... and it's pretty clear that the guy who got out of the car and stalked Trayvon Martin decided the time and place for this criminal encounter.

Glad you're finally seeing the light.

Return to “Headlines”