My Personal Encounter With the Patriot Act

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

feel better now kids?

yes thanks, i'm in a coma now.
33%
what was that? i was watching the new neighbors with the binoculars.
67%

Total votes: 3

nickled&dimed
Forum God/Goddess

My Personal Encounter With the Patriot Act

Postby nickled&dimed » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:58 pm

WOW. sleep easy people. When closing on my new hovel, i SIGNED at least THREEEEE pieces of paper that promised i was who i said i was. no fingerprints or retina scans, but i did hafta say, "HONEST i'm really nickle".

that'll stop those house buying terrorists! thank you chimpy!!!

Beatrix Kiddo
Forum Addict

Re: My Personal Encounter With the Patriot Act

Postby Beatrix Kiddo » Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:38 pm

nickled&dimed wrote:WOW. sleep easy people. When closing on my new hovel, i SIGNED at least THREEEEE pieces of paper that promised i was who i said i was. no fingerprints or retina scans, but i did hafta say, "HONEST i'm really nickle".

that'll stop those house buying terrorists! thank you chimpy!!!

Sounds more absurd and pointless than scary - I mean, what does signing your name three times prove over signing it once?

Did the paperwork mention the Patriot Act by name? I'm interested in knowing what gave you the impression this is an anti-terrorism thing vs. a plain old anti-identity-theft thing? (I've gotta say, I wouldn't want to have my credit report pulled one day, only to find out I'd been stuck with someone else's mortgage debt.)

With a house purchase in my near future (I hope), I'd like to read any more details that you feel like sharing. Thanks!

nickled&dimed
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nickled&dimed » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:39 pm

Bee- it was pointless and not scary. Well, not scary in the sense of personal violation, but terrifying in the sense that some government twit with his thumb up his ass thinks this is making our nation safe, or that it would stop anyone from doing snything

Instead of making me sign 33 times instead of thirty, it would be more sensible to run all my finances through a computer. of course the result of that would be the computer exploding, as i shouldn't be allowed to finance anything.

Return to “Headlines”