Concealed Carry Hearing

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Concealed Carry Hearing

Postby Stu Levitan » Fri May 06, 2011 11:56 pm

I think it would be fun to have 2 or 3 dangerous-looking black guys testify next week in support of concealed carry. The more gang-banger the better. Let the committee know EXACTLY who they'll be letting carry guns.

evansvillehousewife
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Concealed Carry Hearing

Postby evansvillehousewife » Sat May 07, 2011 7:39 am

Yeah, remind Walker that NEGROES will also use concealed carry! That'll teach him!

The very Negroes you perceive as scary- the gangbangers- are already gleefully enjoying concealed carry. Personally, I think there is nothing more racist than trying to show that a law will allow other races to exercise said rights under said law. It shows you have a deep and abiding fear of said races, while it proves that 'gun nuts' don't really care. "Gun nuts' already know that the concealed carry law will apply to everybody, and that it is not a "whites only" law.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Sat May 07, 2011 8:06 am

Uh, Stu? Yeah, I'm not sure what you're trying to do there, but I don't think it's working.

you must be joking
Forum Addict

Postby you must be joking » Sat May 07, 2011 8:17 am

Stu Levitan wrote:I think it would be fun to have 2 or 3 dangerous-looking black guys testify next week in support of concealed carry. The more gang-banger the better. Let the committee know EXACTLY who they'll be letting carry guns.

Whatsamatter Stu, don't like the idea of Black people carrying guns? Always amazes me just how much white liberals don't want Blacks and other minorities having anything unless they, the white liberals give it to them.

You ever see the show "Cops" or take a drive down to Milwaukee, Chicago and see whole neighborhoods with bars on all the windows and doors of the homes as you pass them. Literally makes me wonder, just who is the prisoner in those communities.

A good way to have resolved this issue years ago would have been to have several small heavily armed tactical units with one of their members posing as a helpless person. When that person is jumped, the rest of the unit would close in and jump the thugs. Kind of like the pocket battleship idea of WWII. Respond with the force necessary to eliminate the threat to their fellow officer, beat up or shoot the thugs as required and post the pictures of the loosing thug in the front page of paper as a way of saying "If you want to commit a crime in Madison or Dane Co. this will happen to you." End of thug problem.

Maybe if the good people in society, that's all good people had the right to defend their persons without waiting on the police, we would see a reduction in crime. At least that is what the statistics show in every state that has concealed carry.

With people getting jumped and beat up by thugs after the thugs have taken their money, why not make the thugs think about the very real possibility that the person they're jumping might be armed? But no, that would give all of us citizens including minorities too much power for white liberals who's income and power is derived directly from keeping us in our place by keeping us in fear.

"Is that cellulite or is that a Smith and Wesson?"

peripat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby peripat » Sat May 07, 2011 8:22 am

And anyone who just happens to get in the way- well damn- they should have stayed at home or worn armor because we all know what it is like out there

peripat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby peripat » Sat May 07, 2011 8:32 am

And, fun aside, I don't really think going all 'Willie Horton' on their asses is an acceptable strategy

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Sat May 07, 2011 10:04 am

I think the original suggestion at the top of this thread is tasteless and I wish it had not been posted.

Bad Gradger
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bad Gradger » Sat May 07, 2011 11:10 am

I'll give Stu the benefit of the doubt and say that he's trying to be sarcastic or ironic, but the execution is lousy.

Although the idea of Blaska blogging about a concealed carry hearing full of baggy-pantsed fellows has a certain entertainment value.

David Blaska
Forum God/Goddess

Postby David Blaska » Sat May 07, 2011 11:12 am

Stu Levitan wrote:I think it would be fun to have 2 or 3 dangerous-looking black guys testify next week in support of concealed carry. The more gang-banger the better. Let the committee know EXACTLY who they'll be letting carry guns.

I guess racism is o.k., Stu, when it is employed in the defense of liberalism. But I'm not going to go all Madison on you for it. I know you think that racism lurks underneath every conservative's thin skin and that the likes of Thomas Sowell and James T Harris are sell-outs. I guess if we can have our "birthers" you can have your "race-rs."

Yeah, I've seen some "dangerous-looking" white guys -- sometimes my Walter Mitty side thinks I am one of them -- and they may very well be carrying already. That's the point. Bad guys (why does skin color matter?) are not likely to refrain from arming themselves just because it is against the law. After all, why should this be the only law they obey?

Besides, black men aren't out killing whitey so stop with the Birth of a Nation stuff. Shootings seem to be white on white and black on black.

An aside, Bill Lueders asked me in the WHA-radio studio Friday morning whether I was "carrying." I responded, "I might be." He said he didn't trust himself with a gun. Good thing he's not required to carry one.

3xacharm

Postby 3xacharm » Sat May 07, 2011 11:57 am

snoqueen wrote:I think the original suggestion at the top of this thread is tasteless and I wish it had not been posted.

I think it is good to know where Stu really stand on the issue of race.
I "wish" I only understood his position sooner.
Sno, I think you should hold both hands at your backside and wish in one hand and crap it the other. I am interested in your power of "wish"
Stu is a decent person from what I have seen of him, even though he is far to the left of my thinking.
Why wish Stu didn't post this Sno? Could it be because it shows that the left are the real racists?

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sat May 07, 2011 12:12 pm

3xacharm wrote:
snoqueen wrote:I think the original suggestion at the top of this thread is tasteless and I wish it had not been posted.

Could it be because it shows that the left are the real racists?

Uh-oh. He caught us.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Sat May 07, 2011 12:18 pm

Is it racism when a disproportionate %-age of crime is committed by people who are minorities that make up 10% of the population, or is it just the truth?

... in my near east neighborhood, a certain minority race commits most of the crimes. My questions are these: Why is this happening? Why is telling the truth about it called racism?

Robbed Stop-n-go. Robbed Citgo. Beat up a friend, held him at gunpoint and stole his wallet on the bike trail near Waubesa. Beat up my friends room mate near the bridge on Milwaukee street. Beat up a guy I bought a car from the next day across the street from Citgo. Threw a rock through the passenger window of my car and stole my laptop (Driver's door was unlocked) in a well lit driveway. Trolling the streets early AM (2 am to 5 am)and often walking home with bikes or other objects. broke a bike lock off with a rock on the bike trail behind cafe Zoma, stole the bike, caught trying to sell it at Mr Roberts, Police officer of the same race let him go, he came back and stole the bike again. They never caught him (former Zoma owner Anne's bike). Robbed a guy stuck in a snowbank with a crowbar. Trolling on bicycles and looking down residential driveways in wealthier neighborhoods.

Maybe the only real racism here is a minority group targeting white neighborhoods.

I believe that poverty is the strongest motivation for crime, but then there are a lot of poor people too. So I guess the next question is why is a certain group so poor? And are they that much poorer? I think you have to confront it in whatever form it's in and ask "why?"

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat May 07, 2011 12:54 pm

jonnygothispen wrote:I believe that poverty is the strongest motivation for crime, but then there are a lot of poor people too. So I guess the next question is why is a certain group so poor? And are they that much poorer? I think you have to confront it in whatever form it's in and ask "why?"

Depends on the crime. Most street crime is committed by those at or near the poverty level. White collar crime is committed mainly by middle and upper class whites.

Uncle Fester
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Uncle Fester » Sat May 07, 2011 12:56 pm

I sense a disturbance in the Liberal Force.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat May 07, 2011 1:04 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:I sense a disturbance in the Liberal Force.

I sense a troll.

Return to “Headlines”