After almost a half-decade, Madison's zoning code ...

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
Forum God/Goddess

After almost a half-decade, Madison's zoning code ...

Postby fennel » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:19 pm

WiscJS Opening sentence:
"For the first time in 45 years, Madison residents ..."

After almost a half-decade

Par for the course, I guess.

Forum God/Goddess

Re: After almost a half-decade, Madison's zoning code ...

Postby snoqueen » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:12 am

Re-doing the zoning code is a HUGE job and a committee has been working on it for a long time. They do have guidelines, because model codes incorporating up-to-date principles are available, but you have to make it fit our particular location and conditions. I note they have not got to the mapping level, and are still working to confirm the text describing what various zones will permit.

This thing should not be enacted without time for review by the various neighborhood associations. Obviously the Chamber of Commerce is right on it, and they want more and more parking. If we're trying to encourage mass transit (not their favorite concept) the council will need input to counter the C of C's influence and I hope the neighborhoods affected aren't sleeping through this one. A lot depends on the quality and preferences of each alder, in the absence of/in addition to good neighborhood input, and should be part of the questions you're asking of aldermanic candidates this spring.

Forum God/Goddess

Re: After almost a half-decade, Madison's zoning code ...

Postby thebookpolice » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:44 am

Considering three commenters over there and at least one here have pointed out the error, I'm kind of amazed that WSJ hasn't fixed the headline yet.

Return to “Headlines”