Gates: it all started when neighbor..

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
stroll

Gates: it all started when neighbor..

Postby stroll » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:23 am

It all started because a "not so smart" (I'll refrain from using Obama's word) woman neighbor, who happens to be white- doesn't know or recognize her neighbors in broad daylight, so she has to bother the police and interfere with their duty to protect and defend!

Mike

misterfact@yahoo.com

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Gates: it all started when neighbor..

Postby white_rabbit » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:45 am

Someone can act stupidly without actually being stupid. President Obama did not call the police officer stupid. But there definitely is a whole lot of stupidity swirling around this whole affair. I hope, for the sake of the important issues that face, that this will finally be put to rest once Gates, Crowley and Obama have their beer.

Peanutbutter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Peanutbutter » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:58 am

I know I learned my lesson from all this. If I see someone breaking into a house I'm just going to ignore it, or else it might turn into another national incident.

GODDOG
Forum Addict

Postby GODDOG » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:28 pm

Peanutbutter wrote: If I see someone breaking into a house I'm just going to ignore it, or else it might turn into another national incident.

Ummm...how about being a good neighbor and find out who actually lives around you. Then when you see someone entering a house in your neighborhood you might have a clue who it is. If they are trying to break down a door or are climbing through a window, how about walking over to the home and simply asking if they need assistance? If that doesn't work then feel free to call the cops. I highly doubt being a good and observant neighbor will make national news.

Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:43 pm

GODDOG wrote:[ If they are trying to break down a door or are climbing through a window, how about walking over to the home and simply asking if they need assistance?

Yes, actual burglars always appreciate a helping hand.

Jazznews
Forum Addict

Postby Jazznews » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:48 pm

The neighbor never mentioned that Gates was black when she called 911. She said one of the men may have been hispanic. Sgt. Crowley wrote in his report that she told him on the scene that there were 2 black men, but she denies she said that and is upset that he claims that.

Meanwhile on the radio transmission, Sgt. Crowley is heard telling the dispatcher that a man is uncooperative and to "keep the cars coming." What were they planning next, the Swat team?

GODDOG
Forum Addict

Postby GODDOG » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:58 pm

Dangerousman wrote:
GODDOG wrote:[ If they are trying to break down a door or are climbing through a window, how about walking over to the home and simply asking if they need assistance?

I was talking about knowing your neighbors and if they are breaking into their own home, maybe lend a hand. Key point: Know your neighbors, by face at least! :roll:

mcs_madison
Forum Addict

Postby mcs_madison » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:29 am

What I find interesting is that, no one acknowledges the possibility that Gates could actually have been "uncooperative". Like it's impossible because he's a "scholar". Come on people.

Crockett
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Crockett » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:08 am

And how were the charges just 'dropped'? If that were you or me we'd have to fight the charge in court. We'd probably win but we wouldn't have the media to bail us out. Its BS and its unfair.

Peacetrain
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Peacetrain » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:12 am

GODDOG wrote:
Dangerousman wrote:

I was talking about knowing your neighbors and if they are breaking into their own home, maybe lend a hand. Key point: Know your neighbors, by face at least! :roll:

might be tough if said neighbor is a racist elitist that thinks anyone with light skin is just looking for a reason to hold him back.

GODDOG
Forum Addict

Postby GODDOG » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:26 am

Peacetrain wrote:might be tough if said neighbor is a racist elitist that thinks anyone with light skin is just looking for a reason to hold him back.

oh the plight of the light-skinned! Please PT tell me how many whites were lynched for being white? How many whites were barred from educational institutions because of the color of there skin? How many whites were whipped and stripped from there families because they were sold as property?
You calling a person of color a racists is why IamAloneInTheWorld continues on their endless posts of ignorant people who reside in Madison.
I'll agree that Gates may have a big chip on his shoulder on how people of color are treated in this country...but history and facts seem to be on his side. Your belief that whites are being discriminated against is pure Lou Dobbsian! :roll:

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:32 am

Can somebody please give me a backgrounder on this Professor Gates getting arrested business? I haven't heard anything about it.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:38 am

GODDOG wrote:
Dangerousman wrote:

I had neighbors who were getting divorced. We knew 'em all and it was peaceful. One day, I saw the wife break into the patio window, with her boyfriend. I called the cops, mainly to make sure nothing shady was going on. The husband was called, the cops stayed long enough to make sure wife only took specified stuff. No charges were filed. No one was interested. We liked 'em both, but you just hear too many stories, where one goes irrational and does something "stupid"

GODDOG
Forum Addict

Postby GODDOG » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:43 am

Bwis53 wrote:I had neighbors who were getting divorced. We knew 'em all and it was peaceful. One day, I saw the wife break into the patio window, with her boyfriend. I called the cops, mainly to make sure nothing shady was going on. The husband was called, the cops stayed long enough to make sure wife only took specified stuff. No charges were filed. No one was interested. We liked 'em both, but you just hear too many stories, where one goes irrational and does something "stupid"

perfect example of "good" neighbors. You knew them, recognized them, and did the right thing. Imagine if you did nothing. She just might have done something stupid and the ex-husband would be left wondering "what the fu..."!
Good on you!

Peacetrain
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Peacetrain » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:48 am

GODDOG wrote:
Peacetrain wrote:might be tough if said neighbor is a racist elitist that thinks anyone with light skin is just looking for a reason to hold him back.

oh the plight of the light-skinned! Please PT tell me how many whites were lynched for being white? How many whites were barred from educational institutions because of the color of there skin? How many whites were whipped and stripped from there families because they were sold as property?

You calling a person of color a racists is why IamAloneInTheWorld continues on their endless posts of ignorant people who reside in Madison.
:

When did any of this happen to gates? Seems like the evil white world has been pretty good to him...

Where did i say anything about the plight of whites?

Is it not possible for minorities to be racist?

Return to “Headlines”