2M4M!

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
Ned Flounders
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:32 pm

2M4M!

Postby Ned Flounders » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:23 pm

First teabagging, now this.

The new anti-gay campaign by Maggie Gallagher and the "National Organization for Marriage" is ...

2M4M

I kid you not.

In just a few minutes, NOM President Maggie Gallagher and I will hold a press conference in Trenton, NJ, announcing an ambitious new nationwide “2 Million for Marriage” (2M4M) initiative.


Amusingly enough, they appear to have announced the campaign before securing the URL "www.2M4M.org" which was a really, really stupid move. Now, if you google "2M4M" the first result is:

Two Men For Marriage
2M4M - Two Men For Marriage - supporting the equality of marriage rights.
http://www.2m4m.org/ - 28k - Cached - Similar pages


It's like, failure on two different levels!

2M4M: brought to you by the party of teabagging, Jeff Gannon, and "wide stances". Meetings every Friday in an airport men's room near you.

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 4507
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:31 pm
Location: 53703

Re: 2M4M!

Postby Ducatista » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:05 am

Brilliant. 8)

derelict505
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:05 am
Contact:

Re: 2M4M!

Postby derelict505 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:06 pm

this really made my day! did they not know that M4M means "male for male" in the internet//personals ad world? this is just another sign of many social conservatives' absolute ignorance of life outside their small world.

roadkill bill
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1700
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2002 12:33 am
Contact:

Re: 2M4M!

Postby roadkill bill » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:20 pm

Tea bagging and 2M4M.

Either this is a month-long April Fool's joke, or some brilliant leftie has gotten a job doing marketing for the far right groups.

Can you see it: "Guess what. I just managed to convince the wing nuts to form a group called 2M4M. Yeah, they have NO CLUE what that means. No, seriously, I thought I had the ultimate coup when I got them all talking publicly about "tea bagging," but this just gets better and better. Not only that, but they are paying me oodles of money. Right, more money for Sierra Club, Move On, and the Human Rights Campaign, since I pledged a percentage if this all worked out. Just make sure the check comes from your account so it can't be traced back to me."

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7981
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: Slightly outside of Madison
Contact:

Re: 2M4M!

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:23 pm

Won't be long before the go bare backing against gay marriage.

Shipley
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2090
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:13 am
Location: college park, md
Contact:

Re: 2M4M!

Postby Shipley » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:42 pm

this really shows a wilful disregard for the modern age of communications if nothing else.

if you announce a website before its registered, by the end of your press conferences it will be a porn site. this is a fact of the internet.

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7487
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:44 pm

Re: 2M4M!

Postby white_rabbit » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:32 pm

Here is my suggestion for the GOP slogan for the mid-term elections:

"The Republican Party: Rimming for Victory in 2010"

Galoot
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1487
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2001 1:10 pm
Contact:

Re: 2M4M!

Postby Galoot » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:32 pm

Are they going to have a salad-tossing party before or after their teabagging protest?

GODDOG
Forum Addict
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:26 pm
Location: Earth

Re: 2M4M!

Postby GODDOG » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:33 am

Shipley wrote:this really shows a wilful disregard for the modern age of communications if nothing else.

if you announce a website before its registered, by the end of your press conferences it will be a porn site. this is a fact of the internet.

WTF are you talking about. It's the modern ages fault? You have to be dizzy for that major spin job! I wish my washing machine could spin as well as you, WOW!
Could it be that the "New Breed" of Palin-style republickers are just that dumb?
My guess is they are just that dumb!

Ned Flounders
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:32 pm

Re: 2M4M!

Postby Ned Flounders » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:43 pm

white_rabbit wrote:Here is my suggestion for the GOP slogan for the mid-term elections:

"The Republican Party: Rimming for Victory in 2010"


Apparently, last night David Shuster on MSNBC said "if you are planning simultaneous tea bagging all around the country, you’re going to need a Dick Armey"

I think sometime in the last month God must have secretly put Monty Python in charge of American right-wing political discourse.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8534
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: The mystical Far East
Contact:

Re: 2M4M!

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:16 pm


Shipley
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2090
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:13 am
Location: college park, md
Contact:

Re: 2M4M!

Postby Shipley » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:20 pm

GODDOG wrote:
Shipley wrote:this really shows a wilful disregard for the modern age of communications if nothing else.

if you announce a website before its registered, by the end of your press conferences it will be a porn site. this is a fact of the internet.

WTF are you talking about. It's the modern ages fault? You have to be dizzy for that major spin job! I wish my washing machine could spin as well as you, WOW!
Could it be that the "New Breed" of Palin-style republickers are just that dumb?
My guess is they are just that dumb!


and you have to be rabid to attack like that. I'm on your side, asshole.

Ned Flounders
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:32 pm

Re: 2M4M!

Postby Ned Flounders » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:24 am

Shipley wrote:
GODDOG wrote:'s the modern ages fault? You have to be dizzy for that major spin job! I wish my washing machine could spin as well as you, WOW!


and you have to be rabid to attack like that. I'm on your side, asshole.


Don't sell yourself short. You're on the side of sense and discernment, not the side of rabid assholes with poor reading comprehension.

GODDOG
Forum Addict
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:26 pm
Location: Earth

Re: 2M4M!

Postby GODDOG » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:39 am

Shipley wrote:
GODDOG wrote:
Shipley wrote:this really shows a wilful disregard for the modern age of communications if nothing else.

if you announce a website before its registered, by the end of your press conferences it will be a porn site. this is a fact of the internet.

WTF are you talking about. It's the modern ages fault? You have to be dizzy for that major spin job! I wish my washing machine could spin as well as you, WOW!
Could it be that the "New Breed" of Palin-style republickers are just that dumb?
My guess is they are just that dumb!


and you have to be rabid to attack like that. I'm on your side, asshole.

Ned Flounders wrote:
Shipley wrote:
GODDOG wrote:'s the modern ages fault? You have to be dizzy for that major spin job! I wish my washing machine could spin as well as you, WOW!


and you have to be rabid to attack like that. I'm on your side, asshole.


Don't sell yourself short. You're on the side of sense and discernment, not the side of rabid assholes with poor reading comprehension.






jesus...you two can be so sensitive. Sorrrrryyyyyy. It read like an excuse to me. Too used to everyone's black/white views, I missed your grays. love,oxoxox, your rabid asshole.

butters
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 544
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:30 pm

Re: 2M4M!

Postby butters » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:12 am

Shipley wrote:this really shows a wilful disregard for the modern age of communications if nothing else.

Are you kidding me?
Reactionary republicans are very tech savvy.
Ever hear of the AM radio?


Return to “Headlines”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests