Gun Sales at an all time high!

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Gun Sales at an all time high!

Postby Ducatista » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:01 pm

Ned Flounders wrote:We saw this all before. A Democratic president is freely and fairly elected, and the right wing freaks out and starts fantasizing about guns and militias and wolverines and all that bullshit.

It works in reverse, too. We're big flaming lefties who bought most of our guns during the Bush administration... and shortly after Obama's inauguration we got rid of our Beretta Cx4 Storm semi-auto carbine rifle. We're back to pistols & shotguns only. Go Dems!

Shovel Ready

Postby Shovel Ready » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:23 pm

Ducatista wrote:
Ned Flounders wrote:We saw this all before. A Democratic president is freely and fairly elected, and the right wing freaks out and starts fantasizing about guns and militias and wolverines and all that bullshit.

It works in reverse, too. We're big flaming lefties who bought most of our guns during the Bush administration... and shortly after Obama's inauguration we got rid of our Beretta Cx4 Storm semi-auto carbine rifle. We're back to pistols & shotguns only. Go Dems!

Big NRA supporter I imagine. Looks like they are having a shift in their demographics. Should make for an interesting conference this year.

A little advise if you are going to the NRA conference. You may want to wear pants with your chaps to this event. I don’t think chaps by themselves are considered proper attire.

Shovel Ready

Postby Shovel Ready » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:11 pm

Ned Flounders wrote:Mr/Ms "Shovel Ready" is as ignorant of history as he/she is misinformed about current events (and that's saying a lot).

The slogan in 1776 wasn't "No Taxation!" it was "No Taxation without Representation!" The current budget bill (which, as noted, actually cuts taxes for nearly all Americans) will be passed by our democratically elected congress and signed into law by our democratically elected president.

If you want to argue that it's immoral to let Bush's tax cuts for the wealthy expire (which expiration was specifically written into law by the GOP when they were passed under George Bush) ... that's your right. People can agree or disagree, since that's a matter of opinion.

But if you claim that the anti-tax masses are going to rise up and overthrow the government when nearly all of them are seeing their taxes cut ... well, you're just another Flanders-type hack trying to pass off partisan propaganda as facts.

Thanks for your version of the revolutionary war. I am sure that you and Joe Biden watched it live on TV.

Do you think folks just showed up one day and said "Hey we are being taxed way too much on our tea and we don’t have elected officials in our corner." Was it a mob without warning? No, it was a process.

Let’s cut to the chase without completely taking you apart….

What could potentially happen if Obama’s plan fails?

That's all I really want from your brilliant mind.

*I don't know" is an acceptable answer.

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:52 pm

Shovel Ready wrote:Big NRA supporter I imagine.

I like a crazy fuck now and again, but the NRA are crazy fucks beyond my capacity to appreciate.

nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nevermore » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:37 am

Has it ever occurred to anybody that the reason gun sales are at an all-time high is that things are so dismal for members of a party suffering sub-Bush popularity and running out of pooches to screw that they're buying the guns to use on themselves?

Memo to Ned and his pets: for better efficacy, don't aim at the temple. Put it under your chin and aim up.

Shovel Ready

Postby Shovel Ready » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:48 am

nevermore wrote:Has it ever occurred to anybody that the reason gun sales are at an all-time high is that things are so dismal for members of a party suffering sub-Bush popularity and running out of pooches to screw that they're buying the guns to use on themselves?

Thanks for continuing to prove that “lack of common sense” continues to be a trait embraced by the left.

Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:10 am

Ned Flounders wrote: A Democratic president is freely and fairly elected, and the right wing freaks out and starts fantasizing about guns and militias and wolverines and all that bullshit. Pretty soon you've got a bunch of overweight white guys running around in the woods on the weekend pretending that they're fighting off the Black Helicopters of Federal Tyranny.

New Flash: Thanks for trying to crudely stereotype gun owners but you may be surprised to learn that liberals and Democrats also buy and own guns. And maybe you should also consider that it isn't just that a Democrat is elected that results in an increase in gun sales, but that it is a person who has publicly stated their intent to introduce legislation that will "permanently" ban certain firearms from being sold has been elected. It isn't politics as much as economics that could be driving the increased sales. Supply and demand-- the supply is potentially threatened once again, thus the demand is rising. Even Pelosi -- no friend of the Second Amendment-- has stated she wants nothing to do with another attempt at a gun ban. She's probably interested in preserving the Democrat's majority in Congress and realizes it would be threatened by passing this legislation. Who knows, she may even realize how idiotic and ineffective the previous ban was.

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:48 am

Shovel Ready wrote:Pssst Wacky where did I single out "Income" Tax. There are all different kinds. Did you know that? You might want to think through your rant next time before posting. Better idea, run your great ideas past that little birdie that comes out of your clock and listen to his advice. I’m sure it will be spot on every time. I'm sure you speak the same language.

Support this. Links, please. What other taxes are being raised to oppress the masses? What non-rich people are up in arms about Obama and his taxes? Where is the coverage of the rallies of the great unwashed and overtaxed masses? I want to see pictures of gun fire in the air. I want to see the "tea parties" that rock somewhere other than in Limbaugh's head.

Gun sales are at an all-time time for a very simple reason: conservatives are simple. "Democrat=no guns=must buy NOW." It's all reactionary. The thought process doesn't go any deeper than that. I shoot with consevatives (it's unavoidable). Every one of them is looking for guns, and not a single one knows why other than "mmm, Democrat bad." Ridiculous. Stop trying to make yourself feel better.

Ned Flounders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flounders » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:39 am

wack wack wrote: I want to see the "tea parties" that rock somewhere other than in Limbaugh's head.

No problem!

Here's a photo of one of the more heavily attended "tea parties". I think the one on the left is Flanders and the one in the middle is Shovel. Not sure who the bored-looking girl is.

Shovel Ready

Postby Shovel Ready » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:02 pm

wack wack wrote:Gun sales are at an all-time time for a very simple reason: conservatives are simple. "Democrat=no guns=must buy NOW." It's all reactionary. The thought process doesn't go any deeper than that. I shoot with consevatives (it's unavoidable). Every one of them is looking for guns, and not a single one knows why other than "mmm, Democrat bad." Ridiculous. Stop trying to make yourself feel better.

My you are a simpleton. Keep your head in the sand; it seems to work for you.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:25 pm

What it takes to change an amendment?

2/3rds of the House has to pass the change, then 2/3rds of the Senate. The President cannot veto this kind of legislation. Then 3/4ths of the States have to ratify the new amendment, which often takes a decade or more. It ain't gonna happen!

So the only real threat would be a lame interpretation of the Constitution...like the activist conservative 2000 US SC did when they threw out the "people's right to vote shall not be denied or abridged" by creating a deadline (12-12) out of thin air that does not exist in law anywhere. The very same people who think the 2nd amendment is so sacred claiming they need guns to overthrow the Govt (Ha!) didn't do a fucking thing when an activist court threw out the Constitution, state and federal election laws to install BU$H in 2000, or when Bush increased police powers arresting Americans w/o a warrant, for indefinite periods of time, and w/o charges.

But does anyone seriously think the 2nd will be over turned? Apparently, and why is that? The NRA, fueled by million$ from gun manufacturers, lies constantly to their sheeple about threats to the 2nd amendment...

Captain Kangaroo, where are you when we really need you?

Walter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Walter » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:30 pm

nevermore wrote:for better efficacy, don't aim at the temple. Put it under your chin and aim up.

This can be risky. Sometimes people jerk their heads away at the moment they pull the trigger, causing horrible, non-life threatening injury. The ultimate "maybe not" reaction, I suppose.

A guy did this on FHR a couple years ago. Blew his jaw off, ran out onto the street, got hit by a car to try to finish the job.

He survived but you have to admire his moxie.

If you must shoot yourself in the head, try the traditional Hitler method: muzzle in mouth, pointed slightly upward. Biting down on cyanide capsule just before is not required but recommended.

But as someone who has been to a few suicides: please don't. Family, friends, and strangers have to deal with it after you're finished. Seriously.

Ned Flounders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flounders » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:35 pm

Walter wrote:A guy did this on FHR a couple years ago. Blew his jaw off, ran out onto the street, got hit by a car to try to finish the job.

He survived but you have to admire his moxie.

He must have been related to Rasputin.

Stella_Guru
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stella_Guru » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:59 pm

I just was shopping, and when I checked out the woman at the register asked me, "Why are so many people buying bullets?" Yeah, I know what you are thinking, I was at Farm and Fleet.

Shovel Ready

Postby Shovel Ready » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:45 pm

Stella_Guru wrote:I just was shopping, and when I checked out the woman at the register asked me, "Why are so many people buying bullets?" Yeah, I know what you are thinking, I was at Farm and Fleet.

Ask Wacky! He claims its all because Republicans are scared that Democrats are in charge. I won't call him a simpleton again, but he will be the first to seek protection behind the military folks holding the guns.

Return to “Headlines”