woman tasered at badger football game...

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
Quid Pro Quo

Re: Re:

Postby Quid Pro Quo » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:39 pm

Bland wrote:
Quid Pro Quo wrote:I never said anything about being hassled by security, nor did I say anything about being harrassed at shows, bars, clubs, or games.
Then you've just been talking out yer ass, eh?
I mean, what did all this mean if not "I've had to deal with cops before?"

Not at all. Are you under the false impression that cops are only present at shows, bars, clubs, or games?

Bland wrote:
Quid Pro Quo wrote:If I'm dealing with an honest cop who is just doing his job, then there should be no problem. If I'm dealing with some sadistic petty tyrant, he can usually get the sense that I can and will take his head off before the tazer clears the holster, and again, there should be no problem. Since that philosophy has worked for almost 50 years, I see no reason to abandon it.

"Dealing with an honest cop" sounds to me like you've dealt with some reasonable cops.
"Dealing with some sadistic petty tyrant" sounds to me like you've dealt with some unreasonable cops.
"Worked for almost 50 years....." sounds to me like you've been dealing with cops of all stripes for 5 decades.

The only person giving the impression that you've had a lot of encounters with law enforcement is you. And if you haven't had these encounters, why on Earth should anyone listen to your "philosophy" on how to extricate yourself from them?

Yes, I have dealt with some reasonable cops, as well as some unreasonable ones. I use the phrase "almost 50 years" because i am almost 50 years old. If you want to split hairs, the number would more accurately be lower, as I don't recall any cops present at my birth.

Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:46 pm

Quid Pro Quo wrote:
Bland wrote:
Quid Pro Quo wrote:I never said anything about being hassled by security, nor did I say anything about being harrassed at shows, bars, clubs, or games.
Then you've just been talking out yer ass, eh?
I mean, what did all this mean if not "I've had to deal with cops before?"

Not at all. Are you under the false impression that cops are only present at shows, bars, clubs, or games?

Um, no. Which is why I ended the phrase with "and other gatherings" which you conveniently omitted above.
And since this entire thread has been about security/cops dealing with crowds and things like shows/bars/clubs/games/and other places were human beings gather I am confused what you think you just refuted.

Either you've had multiple encounters with cops/security officers in your life or you haven't.
I haven't.
Most people I know haven't.
You, according to nobody but yourself, have.

My whole point was that maybe you should ask yourself why you keep getting into situations involving police when most people never do. Seems to me that either you're just unlucky or your behavior is part of the reason for these encounters.

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:02 pm

Quid Pro Quo wrote:Actually, that was a figure of speach - I have never actually decapitated anyone. I do, however, understand the mechanics of doing so, and I probably have the upper-body and arm strength required to do it, although I doubt it would ever be necessary to go quite that far.

The ammusing thing about your post is that we know each other, and if you could see through the veil of anonymoty here, you would probably see my side of it quite clearly. Say hi to hubby for me.

"Hubby," *shudder*

Your spelling style doesn't look familiar... but I'll tell him El Decapitator (or La Decapitatrix?) said hi.

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:09 pm

Bland wrote:My whole point was that maybe you should ask yourself why you keep getting into situations involving police when most people never do. Seems to me that either you're just unlucky or your behavior is part of the reason for these encounters.

Well, depending on how I know QPQ, it's possible (likely, even) that some or all of the encounters have been traffic related.

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Re: woman tasered at badger football game...

Postby Ducatista » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:22 pm

Sidebar: I'm equally horrified and amused at the idea I might just've been a total ass to a friend of mine. God love these twisted tubes.

Quid Pro Quo

Postby Quid Pro Quo » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:01 pm

Bland wrote:Um, no. Which is why I ended the phrase with "and other gatherings" which you conveniently omitted above.
And since this entire thread has been about security/cops dealing with crowds and things like shows/bars/clubs/games/and other places were human beings gather I am confused what you think you just refuted.

Either you've had multiple encounters with cops/security officers in your life or you haven't.
I haven't.
Most people I know haven't.
You, according to nobody but yourself, have.

My whole point was that maybe you should ask yourself why you keep getting into situations involving police when most people never do. Seems to me that either you're just unlucky or your behavior is part of the reason for these encounters.

There was nothing convinient about the omission, as I never mentioned other gatherings either. I also never mentioned encounters with security personel.

Your so-called point is little more than biased assumption and leaps to false conclusions. Most people I know have had occasion to encounter cops, security personel, or both - perhaps you and the people you refer to have led a sheltered life, or are too young to have had much experience out in the world? Did it ever occur to you that I may have, or have had a job wich required interaction with cops? Or that I may be an ex-cop? Or a lawyer? Did it ever occur to you that I may have been a crime victim? Or lived in a bad neighborhood? Or that I may be a minority who has been guilty of driving while black?

Quid Pro Quo

Postby Quid Pro Quo » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:03 pm

Ducatista wrote:Sidebar: I'm equally horrified and amused at the idea I might just've been a total ass to a friend of mine. God love these twisted tubes.

Stick to amused, its more fun! :wink:

I'd tell you who I am, but then I'd have to decapitate you!!

Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:45 pm

Quid Pro Quo wrote:Did it ever occur to you......

Nothing would have to occur to me if you'd just stop dodging the obvious. Either you've had lots of encounters with cops or you haven't. If you have, you should be able to tell me why, right? I mean, what's with the guessing game? But if you haven't, then I must conclude that you've been talking out your ass. I have certainly "had occasion" to deal with police officers. But not enough to have developed a routine for doing so and I would certainly never suggest that based on those experiences I had some sort of real insight into the best way to handle them, as you have been doing.

So Quid, you can clear this up right quick if you'd just reveal why and how often you've had experiences relevant to this thread. And remember, the subject here is encounters with police/security at public events. Those are the specific kinds of encounters which you've been pontificating about as if you have had a lot of experience with them. (When you're not moving the goalposts to avoid directly addressing the obvious point, that is.) So yes, I am merely assuming that you have had such experiences, but that's because if you haven't, then you've been talking out of your ass. So which is it?

Quid Pro Quo

Postby Quid Pro Quo » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:28 pm

Bland wrote:
Quid Pro Quo wrote:Did it ever occur to you......

Nothing would have to occur to me if you'd just stop dodging the obvious. Either you've had lots of encounters with cops or you haven't. If you have, you should be able to tell me why, right? I mean, what's with the guessing game? But if you haven't, then I must conclude that you've been talking out your ass. I have certainly "had occasion" to deal with police officers. But not enough to have developed a routine for doing so and I would certainly never suggest that based on those experiences I had some sort of real insight into the best way to handle them, as you have been doing.

So Quid, you can clear this up right quick if you'd just reveal why and how often you've had experiences relevant to this thread. And remember, the subject here is encounters with police/security at public events. Those are the specific kinds of encounters which you've been pontificating about as if you have had a lot of experience with them. (When you're not moving the goalposts to avoid directly addressing the obvious point, that is.) So yes, I am merely assuming that you have had such experiences, but that's because if you haven't, then you've been talking out of your ass. So which is it?

I haven't doged anything. I indicated in my first post that I have had encounters with cops. I did not pontificate about anything, nor was I speaking specifically about encounters at public events. I also did not say anything about the best way to handle anything - I simply stated how I have handled some of them.

As for why I have had encounters with the cops, the reasons vary. The last encounter that I had with them at a public event was because they were responding to a call about someone smoking, and they asked me (as well as everyone else in the bar) if I had seen anyone smoking.

Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:12 am

Quid Pro Quo wrote:The last encounter that I had with them at a public event was because they were responding to a call about someone smoking, and they asked me (as well as everyone else in the bar) if I had seen anyone smoking.
Look Mr. "I haven't dodged anything," you're being ridiculous.
The discussion is about dealing with police/security who are asking you to do something, not asking you a simple question in passing.
The woman in the aisle was the subject of investigation, not just an innocent witness. Since you steadfastly refuse to reveal in what capacity you have had to deal with cops (as in "cops confront you about your behavior", not "cops ask you an innocent question") at public gatherings I have no choice but to conclude that you are just talking out of your ass. So why should anyone listen to your advice on how to deal with police/security?

Quid Pro Quo

Postby Quid Pro Quo » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:04 am

Bland wrote:
Quid Pro Quo wrote:The last encounter that I had with them at a public event was because they were responding to a call about someone smoking, and they asked me (as well as everyone else in the bar) if I had seen anyone smoking.
Look Mr. "I haven't dodged anything," you're being ridiculous.
The discussion is about dealing with police/security who are asking you to do something, not asking you a simple question in passing.
The woman in the aisle was the subject of investigation, not just an innocent witness. Since you steadfastly refuse to reveal in what capacity you have had to deal with cops (as in "cops confront you about your behavior", not "cops ask you an innocent question") at public gatherings I have no choice but to conclude that you are just talking out of your ass. So why should anyone listen to your advice on how to deal with police/security?

I never offered any advice. I also never said that cops confront me about my behavior - it was you who tried to say that.

Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:28 am

Quid Pro Quo wrote:
I never offered any advice.

Forgive me, "advice" was a poor choice of words.
What I meant was, "opinions." Specifically the ones about how to deal with police at public events. Here's what you had to say:
I'm sure the cops want people to believe that you must follow all of their orders without question, but the reality is that you do not
(Although you then admit in your next post that "it is true that you are legally obligated to comply with any lawful and legitemate orders from police" but you'd still rather not.)

Quid Pro Quo wrote:
I also never said that cops confront me about my behavior
And here's where we get to the dance.

On what do you base the opinion quoted at the top if not experience?
And you further suggest you have had such experiences with the following quote.
If I'm dealing with an honest cop who is just doing his job, then there should be no problem. If I'm dealing with some sadistic petty tyrant, he can usually get the sense that I can and will take his head off before the tazer clears the holster, and again, there should be no problem.

So now it would seem that you've dealt with at least two different kinds of officers in these situations because again, if you haven't, on what are you basing your opinions about dealing with such situations?
You even go so far as to say that you've "been outright beligerant to cops and gotten away with it." When? Under what circumstances? When they asked you if you saw someone smoking? Or were you refusing to comply with an request?

I'm puzzled by your inability to see what I'm getting at.
Either you have had personal experiences which have informed your opinions or you are talking about things which you know nothing about. If you have been hassled by cops in public places, why won't you share the details? If you haven't, why the fuck are you talking like you have?

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:42 am

Bland wrote:Here's what you had to say:
I'm sure the cops want people to believe that you must follow all of their orders without question, but the reality is that you do not

(Although you then admit in your next post that "it is true that you are legally obligated to comply with any lawful and legitemate orders from police" but you'd still rather not.)

The obvious implication is that not all orders from police are lawful and legitimate.

Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:50 am

Ducatista wrote:The obvious implication is that not all orders from police are lawful and legitimate.

Well, that's why I keep asking the question QPQ steadfastly refuses to answer. I'm curious what the circumstances were which he found himself in and why he thought non-compliance was acceptable.

Certainly, the order to remove herself from the aisle given to the woman for whom this thread is named was both lawful and legitimate though, right?

Mean Scenester
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mean Scenester » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:02 am

Am I the only one here who reeeeeally wants to see this Quidiot character try to take some cop's head off when lawfully confronted?

I predict a YouTube phenomenon.
Last edited by Mean Scenester on Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Headlines”