Banjo Kyle arrested for heroin

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
somecoolguy
Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:30 pm

Banjo Kyle arrested for heroin

Postby somecoolguy » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:00 pm

Which one's Banjo Kyle?

chance
Forum Addict
Posts: 406
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:05 pm

Re: Banjo Kyle arrested for heroin

Postby chance » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:19 pm

somecoolguy wrote:Which one's Banjo Kyle?

I think it's this guy:Image
In the CT article about the arrest, the cop is quoted as adding to his report, "I have also had multiple complaints that his music was loud and obnoxious."

Man, that's cold. Bust the guy, OK, but do you have to add a negative review?

somecoolguy
Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:30 pm

Re: Banjo Kyle arrested for heroin

Postby somecoolguy » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:17 pm

I don't recognize him. Is he a state street regular?

There's the black saxophonist on library mall, the white saxophonist in front of Ben & Jerry's, the awesome guy with some sort of slide guitar somewhere near Hawk's... the drunk-clown-Woody Guthrie-ish guy with the guitar & harmonica who is sometimes in that area next to State Street Brats.

...but I just can't picture this Banjo guy.

robeen
Senior Member
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 9:03 am

Postby robeen » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:36 pm

he often played outside the willy st coop.
he played 'whitehouse blues' a lot. A lot.

He once reversed over his banjo with his car, we can add that to the list of offenses.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8246
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2001 6:19 pm
Location: Right behind you.

Postby blunt » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:13 pm

robeen wrote:
He once reversed over his banjo with his car, we can add that to the list of offenses.


Or community services.

crevice beatle
Forum Addict
Posts: 345
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:40 am

Postby crevice beatle » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:07 am

robeen wrote:he often played outside the willy st coop.
he played 'whitehouse blues' a lot. A lot.

He once reversed over his banjo with his car, we can add that to the list of offenses.


I was told it was his girlfriend at the time who backed over his banjo???
I've had the displeasure of knowing this guy (through strings of friends)from the first yeart I moved here (13 years ago)... long before even laid his hands on a banjo.
Things really started to go downhill for him in the past 5 years. He has managed to piss off and lose many friends through not only his addiction, but his outright irresposniblilty or regard for anyone but himself.
Alas, he was not always like this, and part of me feels for him although I never did like him.

Garimba
Forum Addict
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:13 pm

Postby Garimba » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:15 am

robeen wrote:
He once reversed over his banjo with his car,


For this act of good will, all charges should be dropped.

ColumbiaCounty
Senior Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 2:29 pm

Postby ColumbiaCounty » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:09 am

Sad story..I too met Kyle when he came to town years back. Just goes to show..it is the banjo, not the fiddle, that is the devil's instrument.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8246
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2001 6:19 pm
Location: Right behind you.

Postby blunt » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:50 pm

LEAVE JUNKIES ALONE!!!!!
Image

Wanda
Forum Addict
Posts: 363
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:54 am

Postby Wanda » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:06 pm

crevice beatle wrote: He has managed to piss off and lose many friends through not only his addiction, but his outright irresponsibility or regard for anyone but himself.


I really hate irresponsible, self-centered addicts. Most of the addicts I know are dependable and altruistic to a point that they would make Mother Teresa look like Brittney Spears on coke induced attention spree. If the good nun was still alive, that is.

crevice beatle
Forum Addict
Posts: 345
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:40 am

Postby crevice beatle » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:56 am

Wanda wrote:
crevice beatle wrote: He has managed to piss off and lose many friends through not only his addiction, but his outright irresponsibility or regard for anyone but himself.


I really hate irresponsible, self-centered addicts. Most of the addicts I know are dependable and altruistic to a point that they would make Mother Teresa look like Brittney Spears on coke induced attention spree. If the good nun was still alive, that is.


Sorry, I didn't really full explain and it wound up stating the obvious.
Banjo Kyle grew to be more irresponsible and self centered long before he tried heroin. He became somewhat of a local celebrity in the "hippie/bluegrass" scene. He was notorious for borrowing money (not for heroin but because he was generally unemployed or underemployed) and not paying back. He racked up parking tickets on other people's vehicles whom let him use their car to move band equipment. He used to be a more kind considerate person. His downward spriral started with the banjo and ended with the heroin.

Wanda
Forum Addict
Posts: 363
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:54 am

Postby Wanda » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:15 am

I reluctantly apologize for my sarcasm, but irresponsibility and selfish self-centered behavior are the hallmark traits of most all addicts and alcoholics.

Logjam
Forum Addict
Posts: 364
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2002 5:59 pm
Contact:

Postby Logjam » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:36 am

With apologies to Mr. Show:

"Don't blame the banjos"

Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 4030
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:56 am
Location: Around here somewhere
Contact:

Postby Michael Patrick » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:55 am

crevice beatle wrote: His downward spriral started with the banjo and ended with the heroin.


I've heard it's a gateway instrument.

crevice beatle
Forum Addict
Posts: 345
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:40 am

Postby crevice beatle » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:12 pm

Michael Patrick wrote:
crevice beatle wrote: His downward spriral started with the banjo and ended with the heroin.


I've heard it's a gateway instrument.


Seriously though, a biography on this guy would make an excellent Wisconsin Film Fest mockumentary (although very dark and true).
From what I've known of him, his life is a microcosm of a E! True Hollywood Story, complete with humble beginnings and rising to the apex (no matter how not high the apex is) of local bluegrass musician and then falling to relative obscurity due to drug addiction.


Return to “Headlines”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 4 guests