State of the Onion Adress...

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Did the State of the Union Address change your outlook?

Naw....I know where I stand always
53%
Oh...was that on tonight?
35%
YES! I have been swayed by fantastic speech writers!
6%
State of what? I thought there were only 50...
No votes
I dunno...
6%

Total votes: 17

Adam Sinclair
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Adam Sinclair » Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:02 pm

Also very telling shot of the young people in uniformed service when Dubya mentioned the "Thank you" one looked like he was borderline psycho, like his friends were shot... they probably were!

I was impressed with the Democratic response. The house is definately divided, like never before!

nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nevermore » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:32 pm

I found the last SOTU of Dumbyass to be the most hyperpartisan ever - large chunks of red meat for the hooting, drooling right-wingnuts in the room served with extra helpings of garbled syntax with treatments of the truth like it was silly putty and spinning the Iraq spin so strong he should have been wobbling like he was on one of his benders from his thirties.

I found it pretty weird that he would take time to mention roids in sports - but not make one mention of Osama Bin Laden. There's a sign from the old west - dead or...whatever...

How about this line:
Nine months of intense negotiations involving the United States and Great Britain succeeded with Libya, while 12 years of diplomacy with Iraq did not. And one reason is clear: For diplomacy to be effective, words must be credible, and no one can now doubt the word of America.

Happy early Father's Day, 41! How'd you like that slap across the face?

A horrible, divisive disaster of a SOTU which will haunt this one-term failure all the way up to Election Day. He never was a uniter and last night proved it big time.

Another observation that I don't think I've seen elsewhere:

Separated at Birth

Iraqi Governing Council President Adnan Pachachi

Former VP Walter Mondale

And that Stepford Democratic response was simply unwatchable. With leadership like this, we'll never be an effective opposition in Congress.

Adam Sinclair
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Adam Sinclair » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:54 am

When I saw the Iraqy guy I thought, what's Danny Thomas doing there?

Harbinger
Forum Addict

Postby Harbinger » Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:50 pm

The prez gets an A+ for finally bravely addressing the #1 national concern: sports steroids

Steve Vokers
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Steve Vokers » Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:59 pm

Harbinger wrote:The prez gets an A+ for finally bravely addressing the #1 national concern: sports steroids

And it's about godamn time isn't it? He's been in office, what, three years aleady? What took him so long?

nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nevermore » Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:43 pm

Harbinger wrote:The prez gets an A+ for finally bravely addressing the #1 national concern: sports steroids

First A+ he ever got, I bet :lol:

Return to “Headlines”